REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Official MMA Thread - *Spoilers* (https://www.revscene.net/forums/689030-official-mma-thread-%2Aspoilers%2A.html)

!SG 10-08-2013 05:56 PM

Official MMA Thread - *Spoilers*

google didnt like the other thread.

so started this one.

please no nudity.

SkinnyPupp 10-08-2013 06:09 PM

Most people here have abandoned MMA anyway it seems

Manic! 10-08-2013 06:39 PM

Did you just delete the other thread or did you just move it somewhere?

SkinnyPupp 10-08-2013 06:49 PM

It's still around, just hidden from public view

RRxtar 10-08-2013 08:35 PM

there was nudity in that thread?!

people who watch still watch, we just dont post about it anymore

SkinnyPupp 10-08-2013 08:42 PM

Someone posted playboy pics, and it got missed

I think peoples' general interest in MMA seems to be declining...

320icar 10-08-2013 10:16 PM

I just watch UFC on the good nights. The 19th should be a good fight but that's where my interest ends.
Posted via RS Mobile

subordinate 10-08-2013 10:35 PM

the decline in mma wasn't surprising.

We all have our favourites and they are aging.

SkinnyPupp 10-08-2013 10:49 PM

Sucks for the people leaving because this season of TUF is the best in years.

vafanculo 10-08-2013 11:05 PM

I admit. I lost interest in mma. I never really posted in that thread, but I was a long time lurker ..till I lost interest in lurking too.

Id love to get into this seasons TUF. For a newb at streaming/downloading.. Where's the best place to watch past ones?
Posted via RS Mobile

Manic! 10-08-2013 11:45 PM

The problem with MMA is too many events and too many fighters. Too hard to keep track of it all.

RRxtar 10-09-2013 03:04 PM

People look at it wrong. The game has changed.

in the past, there would be one event every 2 months with usually a title fight every event with probably your first generation of favorite fighters on the card (remember, everyones first favorite is their most favorite, and once those fighters retire, its not as easy to get behind new fighters). Everyone would get together to watch that event, and the PPV numbers would be huge, and everyone would be talking about it for months leading up to it.

Now there is an event basically every other week, sometimes weekly. There is a huge amount of MMA/UFC available now. It has sort of crossed over into the realm of regular sports, for example, you don't watch every single hockey game for every team every night, you just watch the games/teams you can/follow.

It has definitely declined from when I used to get 15-20 people at my place every event, and 10 of them didnt even follow MMA/UFC, they were just there because it was the thing to do. But the other 5 guys, we still get together to watch the PPVs and FOX cards. We just don't usually watch the Fight Night events anymore as I don't have time to follow/care about 600+ fighters.

Maybe it's part of growing up abit too. We used to go out to a bar for most of the Canuck games, and throw a party for any reason we could come up with. That doesn't happen anymore either

murd0c 10-09-2013 03:09 PM

Can't the playboy pics just be deleted? I will go through every page to make sure they are gone since that thread has so much history in it.

MarkyMark 10-09-2013 03:19 PM

Yeah it's pretty much the same for me, me and my buddies will still get together for the big fights, but for the fight nights and crappy ppv's I'll just usually read the results later unless there's a fight I really wanted to see.
Posted via RS Mobile

murd0c 10-09-2013 03:24 PM

as well PVR it if its free and if you find out the card sucked u can just delete it. Times and things have changed for a lot of the people that started watching it from the beginning.

Alpine 10-09-2013 09:11 PM

Besides over exposure and watered down cards, I think the ufc is losing the casual fan. The first time I heard "fans" booing because fighters were trying to win by points I knew mma had already peaked and was on the decline. A true mma fan would appreciate all the little things in a fight like positioning and strategy, not just a vicious ko.
Posted via RS Mobile

NSX 10-09-2013 10:25 PM

wow, just found this thread.

Anyone watch fight night?
Rousimar was declined sub of the night after refusing to let go:
Rousimar Palhares vs Mike Pierce Fight Video UFC Fight Night 29

Not really racist! 10-09-2013 11:06 PM

clear gif

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net...gif?1381362872

the thing is the guy has done it before... so yeah deserved it

320icar 10-10-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpine (Post 8336338)
Besides over exposure and watered down cards, I think the ufc is losing the casual fan. The first time I heard "fans" booing because fighters were trying to win by points I knew mma had already peaked and was on the decline. A true mma fan would appreciate all the little things in a fight like positioning and strategy, not just a vicious ko.
Posted via RS Mobile

Thissssssss. I get together with my bro and maybe 5 friends. Order some pizza drink some beers and enjoy the once a month big fights. When I heard all the booing for them doing grappling moves and it being "boring" I was very disappointed. If you wants to watch guys constantly punch each other, watch boxing. I love seeing all the different art styles go against each other (and yes I consider it an art form)
Posted via RS Mobile

GLOW 10-10-2013 08:08 AM

i still watch the events, but not TUF... the last two TUF seaons i watched was evans/rampage and jones/sonnen...

i appreciate the technique in MMA, i like watching grappling and submission attempts...i have to admit what i really hate though is lay and pray (example bader). that's why i love seeing bader get KTFO :fullofwin:

i agree with murd0c. if we can somehow remove the playboy pics and keep the old thread that would be ideal

2 n r 10-10-2013 09:33 AM

ya bring back the old thread

and i still watch the same amount of mma as b4 but i do notice less and less activity in the rs thread if that can be used as any indication of the decline y'all are talking about

Not really racist! 10-10-2013 02:17 PM

Palhares banned from the UFC

jonwon 10-10-2013 05:10 PM

^ well deserved, the guys fucked in the head. i remember a video and he was saying he lived under a bridge for quite some time lol

SkinnyPupp 10-10-2013 05:37 PM

Good.

Won't release a choke:

The next day, he did this:

In ADCC (2:00 in puts on a heel hook out of bounds, and won't let it go)

More

Manic! 10-11-2013 02:29 AM

Everyone needs to watch the last TUF ep. Probably the best woman's fight ever.