REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 10-08-2013, 08:27 PM   #1
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

good eats in maui?

Me and the wife is heading to Maui for the first time. What are some of the good places to eat? From cheap to fancy.

Also what are some fun things to do. Thanks guys

We are staying at wailea
Advertisement

Last edited by kkttsang; 10-09-2013 at 10:57 AM.
kkttsang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #2
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
We just came back from Maui. Which part of Maui will you be staying at?
I highly recommend Eskimo Candy. I think they have the best Poke in Maui, but they are located down south near Kehei.
Near Wailea, I recommend Monkey Pod Kitchen. I love their Pumpkin Patch ravioli.
Sea House in Nippili is pretty good.
Gazebo, 2 buildings over from Sea house is highly recommended, but I found it to be ok only.
Kehei Cafe got really good reviews but I found their food so so, when compared to Vancouver food.
Coconut Cafe is pretty good. They are along the strip in Kehei.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:49 PM   #3
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Not many good eats imo in Maui. Where are you staying in Maui? Hula Grill by Kaanapali was decent, Honu Seafood & Pizza was also good. They have one of the best location IMO: sitting right beside beach looking at the ocean while dining. Personally I love oysters so I ordered a dozen. They were fresh but they were from WA/BC as there are no oysters harvested in Hawaii.
Gazebo Restaurant is place to go for breakfast if you are by northern side of Maui. Keep in mind that usually there are long line-ups.
chinook79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:29 PM   #4
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,038 Times in 2,075 Posts
Also going to Maui for the first time shortly... staying in South Kihei and will check out Taqueria Cruz and Koiso Sushi Bar for sure since I'm staying across the street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:34 PM   #5
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I don't really recall any particular restaurant that stood out to me but if you're planning to spend a romantic night, maybe go to Fairmont Kea Lani. Beautiful lobby, newly renovated dining room, and of course the view.
Luau is a must!
If you'll be staying in a hotel find out what perks they have to offer to the guests. While I was at the Fairmont, they have free outrigger canoe "tours" for whale watching provided to the guests. They got us pretty close (15-20 ft) away from the whales surfacing. Can say this was an amazing experience that I'll never forget. And DO go in for a dip while out there...the ocean just gives off a "good" eerie feeling LOL.
Other than that, I can only remember myself eating plenty and plenty of pineapples...
Xu.Vi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:48 PM   #6
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,584 Times in 4,318 Posts
Unless you plan on eating out for every meal, my first suggestion is to hit up Costco or Kmart for basics, after you pick up your rental car, since it's right by the airport.

Kihei has a couple of grocery stores but they're kinda pricey - hit up the Safeway on Pi'ikea instead (the spicy Cali poke is pretty good there too). For good, cheap eats, hit up Da Kitchen - it's where the locals go.

You plan of hitting the links, Brandon?

more later...

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:54 AM   #7
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Safeway is way overpriced though.
A lot of the locals shop at Foodland instead.
Foodland had a pretty good review on their poke but I only found it to be ok at best.
Same with Gazebo. High ratings but when I went there, I felt the food was ok.

Café 808 in Kihei also got good reviews but I never tried it.

Fat Daddy bbq got some pretty good reviews, but I too found it was ok at best.

Guess we are too spoiled with the good eats we have here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #8
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,038 Times in 2,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE BOY View Post
Unless you plan on eating out for every meal, my first suggestion is to hit up Costco or Kmart for basics, after you pick up your rental car, since it's right by the airport.

Kihei has a couple of grocery stores but they're kinda pricey - hit up the Safeway on Pi'ikea instead (the spicy Cali poke is pretty good there too). For good, cheap eats, hit up Da Kitchen - it's where the locals go.

You plan of hitting the links, Brandon?

more later...
Definitely hitting Costco, just don't think they'd be open as I land at 6:30 so will probably have to drive back in the AM.

Will put Da Kitchen on my list of places to check out, thanks tips!

Will definitely squeeze a round in somewhere, just not sure where yet. Think the groom was looking at Elleair Maui Golf Club? Don't think I could forgive myself if I went to Maui without hitting some balls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:41 AM   #9
W2K
HELP ME PLS!!!

Da Kitchen is good, try their loco moco.

Tru ulu lanis shave ice. Best shave ice I ever had ever. They have a location on the north end of kihei and also in lahaina.

If you want to try a luau try the old lahaina luau in lahaina, it was pretty good when I went. I think cost 100$ a person.

Things to try out:
watch sunrise @ haleakala crater, fantastic view.
Road to Hana, its a nice drive if you like driving, some sketchy parts though lol.

When you guys going? I heard from friend's friend that just came back all the national parks were closed because of the shutdown. So theres some stuff you probably can't do.
W2K is offline   Reply With Quote