REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Anatomy of the Harley Davidson F150 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/689054-anatomy-harley-davidson-f150.html)

Hondaracer 10-09-2013 12:32 PM

Anatomy of the Harley Davidson F150

Now "hondaracist" isn't trying to do anything but pose a question here but has there ever been a vehicle that is almost exclusively driven by one ethnicity more than the Harley Davidson F150?

Back in high school and growing up viets always joked that the 4 runner was kind of the Vietnamese family wagon and before that the old Mazda MPV's but you could see a 4runner and it could be anyone driving

I would take a bet that the next HD f150 I see is driven by a brown guy, why?

They are fairly luxurious trucks, nice finishings, easy on the eyes but the variance in the ethnicities of the drivers is crazy!

Why oh why?
Posted via RS Mobile

dhari 10-09-2013 12:37 PM

:seriously:

murd0c 10-09-2013 12:53 PM

Good time to post a pic of my 4Runner I took last weekend :)

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/8042/allm.jpg

fishCak3s 10-09-2013 12:54 PM

:suspicious:

melloman 10-09-2013 01:01 PM

Disagree.

I tend to see Cadillac Escalades as a choice for brown families.

(Now I say families because I see more women driving them then men these days.. either boyfriends or husbands vehicle that he gives to his wife/gf so they feel safe in a big vehicle?)

stewie 10-09-2013 01:04 PM

my buddy has a Harley (hes a white guy), and he always tells me that "every brown guy loves a Harley f150". he likes to say its that they all have construction companies so the 150 is a write off, so they might as well just get the best one they can.

how that shit works...don't ask me...I don't know nothing in that field of businesses and write offs etc...so ive no clue if what he says makes sense or not.

radioman 10-09-2013 01:26 PM

One was trying to keep up with me going up Burnaby mountain.

Let just say he tried his best :troll:

snails 10-09-2013 01:41 PM

im going to have to agree with this thread.. not racist but it is easy to predict the race of who is driving based on certain vehicles ... like posted above

an ex of mine was Viet, and actually pointed this out to me that alot of family and friends owned these.. including her family.. ever since then i have noticed pretty much every single one of these to be driven by asians "cant tell if viet or not"

http://imganuncios.mitula.net/1998_i...5109854657.jpg

i guess its like how you would expect a white guy to be in a jacked up old dodge

we have all seen vehicles rolling around with excess amounts of LED's in the grill.. i live in the newton area of surrey "brown majority" and i see alot of LED strips in grills.. maybe the "bling" factor is something more common back home?

i think this is actually an interesting question if you leave racism out of it

highfive 10-09-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie (Post 8336002)
my buddy has a Harley (hes a white guy), and he always tells me that "every brown guy loves a Harley f150". he likes to say its that they all have construction companies so the 150 is a write off, so they might as well just get the best one they can.

how that shit works...don't ask me...I don't know nothing in that field of businesses and write offs etc...so ive no clue if what he says makes sense or not.

They lease the truck for their business use. The truck is part of their "cost" in running their business.

rice cooker 10-09-2013 02:03 PM

i wasnt thinking brown guy

Akinari 10-09-2013 02:06 PM

The only people I've seen driving Harley F150s are sketchy looking caucasians in Surrey :badpokerface:

noclue 10-09-2013 02:30 PM

I dont think they make the harley edition anymore but I agree with your perspective.

That and corvettes/mustangs.

parm104 10-09-2013 02:34 PM

I remember when the Harley used to be a truck that would actually be more than just looks.

You were spending money for a limited edition truck with special detailing AND a supercharged engine. Now you're just spending money on badges and decals.

Cool thread though...

inv4zn 10-09-2013 02:39 PM

Worst thread title ever.

THIS is the anatomy of a F150.
http://image.trucktrend.com/f/244666...taway_view.jpg
http://www.fordf150.net/photos/data/...150cutaway.jpg

white rocket 10-09-2013 02:47 PM

It's like black guys and their Nissan Maximas. They go hand and hand. real talk.

I love smashing stereotypes though. When I got my white ITR back in '03 I was one of only a few white guys with one locally. I even had a white guy in a 5.0L pull up next to me and say "hey, it's a white car in a yellow car". Yellow meaning asian. White guys in the tuner community are fairly commonplace nowadays though.

When I was traveling though SE Asia I noticed an insane amount of garbage dress-up BS on cars and trucks. Spoon caliper covers, LED shit everywhere, roof spoilers on Corollas and stickers everywhere. I notice this locally too and also with Filipino folks as well.

The stereotypes are everywhere and when someone fits right into one I can't help but chuckle. Two way street though. My dad drove Cadillac sedans for 20+ years. Ha!

Hondaracer 10-09-2013 03:05 PM

Yea terrible title I agree
Posted via RS Mobile

punkwax 10-09-2013 03:10 PM

Meh.. white guys have been rocking imports for a long time IMO.

Now an asian rocking NA muscle.. that usually gets my attention.

Hondaracer 10-09-2013 03:17 PM

As far as I can tell, and I'm always looking around and driving a lot, the HD F150 thing isn't just like a "white people drive jacked up beaters" type stereotype it's literally -every- HD f150 I see
Posted via RS Mobile

parm104 10-09-2013 03:23 PM

I think we all have our different perceptions to cultures and the vehicles commonly associated with them.

Geographical, financial and tends tend to be bigger influences than race and culture.

When I think of Asians and their vehicles, I think high-end cars, always. Luxury vehicles like Mercedes-Benz and BMW to Lamborghini and Maserati.

When I think Indians, I think Japanese vehicles, Honda/Toyota, not Ford F150 truck.

When I think Surrey Jack, I think Mustang, Camaro, etc. Again, this all tends to lead back to financial situations. Mustangs aren't very expensive when looking at the spectrum of cars young people try to obtain.

twitchyzero 10-09-2013 03:30 PM

my observations

latinos drive beige colour Toyota
asians drive Dodge Challenger and Impala SS
blacks drive Smart Fortwo
aboriginals drive BMW and Maserati

punkwax 10-09-2013 04:15 PM

I've been the poor bastard stuck behind the beige/gold Toyota in the left lane so many times its not even funny. Every time I see a fucking corolla on the highway with their left blinker on I shudder.

Hey RS, if your parents drive one, do the rest of the lower mainland a favour and remind them that the right lane is for slower traffic. Thanks in advance!

Lomac 10-09-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snails (Post 8336017)
im going to have to agree with this thread.. not racist but it is easy to predict the race of who is driving based on certain vehicles ... like posted above

an ex of mine was Viet, and actually pointed this out to me that alot of family and friends owned these.. including her family.. ever since then i have noticed pretty much every single one of these to be driven by asians "cant tell if viet or not"

http://imganuncios.mitula.net/1998_i...5109854657.jpg

:okay:

quasi 10-09-2013 05:00 PM

My dad bought the first year of the Harley Davidson F150 I think it was 1998? Still has it and he's white. He owns Harley's, always been a harley guy he still loves his truck. He has also has a 2012 F150 Limited and a 2010 Sport Trac Adrenalin, I guess he likes his Fords.

Kidnapman 10-09-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nodnarb (Post 8336082)
Meh.. white guys have been rocking imports for a long time IMO.

Now an asian rocking NA muscle.. that usually gets my attention.

Agreed, I'm pretty happy when I see asians who can appreciate some american muscle. I noticed most of the asians who to end up buying american muscles are main landers. Had to do a double take when I saw a young mainlander rolling up to a richmond parking lot in his SRT8 Challenger. :pokerface:

yray 10-09-2013 06:49 PM

^ mainland teen going to dimsum with mother and father in a camaro :lawl: