REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:28 PM   #51
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
While I get the theory behind it, personally I'd never pay $15k to hear someone talk. Hell, I wouldn't pay that much to spend a day with my idol. lol. That said, to each their own. It's not my thing, but clearly other people are more than willing to check it out.
Advertisement
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:54 PM   #52
TTZ
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Spending $15K on a seminar is not for everyone, that's for sure. But like anything, there is a market for it. You just have to see the value in it.

For me, I would never buy the SL550 the company gave me because I think spending over $100K on a car is just a big waste of money. However, I have no problem spending money on specialized knowledge.

One of my JV partners spent over $60K attending seminars last year. You may think that's just a big waste of money, but he'll tell you that the contacts and information he got at those events is what allows him to make up to $10K a day.

I have attended my share of $15K events. I have never lost money on them. The last one, I met a ClickBank marketing expert Peng Joon. We formed a partnership, launched three #1 ClickBank products (working on the 4th), and made over $1 million. Don't you wish putting $15K in your car can do that?
Old 10-13-2013, 11:06 PM   #53
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTZ View Post
Spending $15K on a seminar is not for everyone, that's for sure. But like anything, there is a market for it. You just have to see the value in it.

For me, I would never buy the SL550 the company gave me because I think spending over $100K on a car is just a big waste of money. However, I have no problem spending money on specialized knowledge.

One of my JV partners spent over $60K attending seminars last year. You may think that's just a big waste of money, but he'll tell you that the contacts and information he got at those events is what allows him to make up to $10K a day.

I have attended my share of $15K events. I have never lost money on them. The last one, I met a ClickBank marketing expert Peng Joon. We formed a partnership, launched three #1 ClickBank products (working on the 4th), and made over $1 million. Don't you wish putting $15K in your car can do that?
May I ask what your background is? Education, training, past experience/employment?
Old 10-13-2013, 11:09 PM   #54
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
Education, totally an important factor
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2013, 11:41 PM   #55
TTZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
May I ask what your background is? Education, training, past experience/employment?
I graduated from BCIT with a Diploma in Financial Management (accounting option). Worked at a job for a grand total of 8 months in my entire life. Decided that working at a job sucks, and never did it again. It's not that I'm unemployed, I'm just unemployable. Started John Chow dot Com in Dec. 2005. Turned it into one of the biggest and most profitable blogs in the world. The CBC did this documentary on me last year (not that anyone watches CBC documentaries). Look closely and you'll see a few RS members in the video.

Last edited by TTZ; 10-14-2013 at 12:01 AM.
TTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2013, 12:22 AM   #56
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Anyone wanna do a group buy? I will go to the seminars and post all the info online for free. Maybe I should start an Kick starter or Indiegogo campaign.

And clickbank LOL!!!!
Old 10-14-2013, 12:26 AM   #57
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Manic has a standing invite to come to any of my live events for free. The next is in San Diego.
Why need a groupbuy? He already offered for to you attend for free. Lets call it a RS representative.
NKC ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:29 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Education, totally an important factor
Important factor to what....?
Old 10-14-2013, 12:36 AM   #59
TTZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
And clickbank LOL!!!!
You got that right. I laugh all the way to the bank with ClickBank.

Your extremely limited knowledge of Internet marketing is very obvious. You really should attend one of my events. I could use another case study like you. I can turn you into another Junjun Li.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:50 AM   #60
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
Quote:
Important factor to what....?
Anything
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:55 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKC ONE View Post
Why need a groupbuy? He already offered for to you attend for free. Lets call it a RS representative.
The free ones is were they get you to sign up for the one that costs money. Just like the rich dad poor dad scam CBC busted. 'Rich Dad' seminars deceptive: Marketplace - CBC News - Latest Canada, World, Entertainment and Business News

Think about this. His buddy paid 60 grand for a bunch of contacts. I'm guessing those contacts are to people who own businesses. In the real world businesses pay to find customers. In the MTTB world customers pay to find out where to buy products from. Hey man I will give you a 100 bux if you can tell me where I can buy a HKS exhaust from.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:59 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Anything
LOL...In my opinion, education has a role in EVERYTHING we do. Your knowledge on a particular subject matter is what makes you qualified and skilled.

Your personal and real-life experiences provide you with knowledge on your area of expertise. You can't get anywhere without being able to learn how to do things...The more you know, the better you will be.

Your signature is a testament to education and what it can do...I read those lists years ago and expanded my knowledge on about 5 different topics...I can't talk with credibility on "supplements for weight training" without being educated on the issue first.

Last edited by parm104; 10-14-2013 at 01:05 AM.
parm104 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2013, 01:01 AM   #63

Quote:
You got that right. I laugh all the way to the bank with ClickBank.

Your extremely limited knowledge of Internet marketing is very obvious. You really should attend one of my events. I could use another case study like you. I can turn you into another Junjun Li.

Junjun Li ~ Live The Life ~ - YouTube
The guy in your video was broke when he started. That's something I am not.

Clickbank type companies have been around way before the internet.

You should come train with me and the 2 grand masters. i will teach you how to run a gas station. 12 grand 2 weeks and you get to stay at a 4 bedroom waterfront house by yourself.

Also I will teach you to get contacts to give you free stuff instead of you paying to get contacts.

Last edited by Manic!; 10-14-2013 at 01:07 AM.
Manic! is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2013, 01:11 AM   #64
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
I am pretty sure that you are discouraged from touching the speakers...
Quote:
I graduated from BCIT with a Diploma in Financial Management (accounting option). Worked at a job for a grand total of 8 months in my entire life. Decided that working at a job sucks, and never did it again. It's not that I'm unemployed, I'm just unemployable. Started John Chow dot Com in Dec. 2005. Turned it into one of the biggest and most profitable blogs in the world. The CBC did this documentary on me last year (not that anyone watches CBC documentaries). Look closely and you'll see a few RS members in the video.
I'm curious, what was the subject that you initially blogged about? At the moment, your blog intices people with promises of potential wealth on the basis of advice on running a successful blog, but you must have had a successful blog before you before you ran a blog about running a successful blog.

In the CBC documentary, Ed Lau (Ronin), Carl Nelson (SkinnyPupp), and Michael Kwan are all mentioned. Ronin and Skinny do not come across as multi-millionaires, and they run successful food, photography, canucks, and computer hardware blogs. Indeed, SG's mentioned RS is barely profitable despite being a successful forum (although sites like H-T make a mint because of IB's large network). You must have done something very different and very special, compared to your former peers, in running your blog, what is it?
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:23 AM   #65
TTZ

Quote:

You should come train with me and the 2 grand masters. i will teach you how to run a gas station. 12 grand 2 weeks and you get to stay at a 4 bedroom waterfront house by yourself.
You're not broke. That's great. Are you making over $1 million a year? Can you take off for months at a time and still make a million? Can you live and work from anywhere in the world? Can you donate enough to feed 4,000 homeless people during the UGM Thanksgiving dinner (Ya, I did that and I'm proud of it!)? Can you build a school in a 3rd world country? Do you have both time AND money? If not, then you will still make a good case study.

I don't do free live events. They are all paid. But like I said, I'll comp you a pass. The next event is in San Diego. It's a three day event call the Home Business Summit. Come on down, experience a real live event for once instead of watching everything on TV.

Thanks for the gas station offer but my next car is a Tesla Model S. It needs no gas.

Last edited by TTZ; 10-14-2013 at 01:31 AM.
TTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:28 AM   #66

Quote:
You're not broke. That's great. Are you making over $1 million a year? Can you take off for months at a time and still make a million? Can you live and work from anywhere in the world? Can you donate enough to feed 4,000 homeless people during the UGM Thanksgiving dinner (Ya, I did that and I'm proud of it!)? Can you build a school in a 3rd world country? Do you have both time AND money? If not, then you will still make a good case study.

I don't do free live events. They are all paid. But like I said, I'll comp you a pass. The next event is in San Diego. It's call the Home Business Summit. Come on down, experience a real live event for once instead of watching everything on TV.

The Home Business Summit - YouTube

Thanks for the gas station offer but my next car is a Tesla Model S. It needs no gas.
If someone goes to your seminar can they video tape it?
Old 10-14-2013, 01:35 AM   #67

Quote:

Also I will teach you to get contacts to give you free stuff instead of you paying to get contacts.
I'm interested but curious if I need to pack my own roti for lunch or if it will be provided. Please advise.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:43 AM   #68
TTZ

Quote:
Yes and no. You can't video record the entire session. You are allow to video up to 3 minutes of a presentation to post on YouTube, Facebook, blog, etc. You are also allowed to video any of the attendee with their permission.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:45 AM   #69
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Unless they somehow have a mass hypnosis, I don't see why you would need to tape it. I think John has clarified that it would be totally free for you. I'm not on anyone's side, but I would like to see how this turns out for Manic.
NKC ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:50 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKC ONE View Post
Unless they somehow have a mass hypnosis, I don't see why you would need to tape it. I think John has clarified that it would be totally free for you. I'm not on anyone's side, but I would like to see how this turns out for Manic.
so I can post it online. That way people won't have to travel to see him speak.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:53 AM   #71

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Sort of understand what TTZ means. Public speaking is a strong skill if you can get your point accross; fully established. If Manic! records the seminar, you actually won't really get whats going on but just the jist of it.... I say we pack Manic! Some bags to San Diego for an adventure
Posted via RS Mobile
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:55 AM   #72
TTZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
I'm curious, what was the subject that you initially blogged about? At the moment, your blog intices people with promises of potential wealth on the basis of advice on running a successful blog, but you must have had a successful blog before you before you ran a blog about running a successful blog.

In the CBC documentary, Ed Lau (Ronin), Carl Nelson (SkinnyPupp), and Michael Kwan are all mentioned. Ronin and Skinny do not come across as multi-millionaires, and they run successful food, photography, canucks, and computer hardware blogs. Indeed, SG's mentioned RS is barely profitable despite being a successful forum (although sites like H-T make a mint because of IB's large network). You must have done something very different and very special, compared to your former peers, in running your blog, what is it?
The blog started off as way to update friends and family on what was happening in my life. It was just a personal blog like the millions of other personal blogs out there. I was already a full-time Internet marketer before starting the blog. The blog allowed me to write about how I made money with those other sites, and that was what captured people's attention.

As blogging got bigger, I started shifting the posts from how to make money with affiliate marketing to how to make money by blogging. But the blog didn't make any money at that time, and I got called out on it. So I turned the blog into an income case study with the goal of make $3,000 a month on 2 hours a day. That took 4 months to do. Instead of stopping the case study after hitting the goal, I decided to keep it going to see what would happen if I "pulled out all the stops". The rest is documented by the CBC.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:55 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedStars View Post
Sort of understand what TTZ means. Public speaking is a strong skill if you can get your point accross; fully established. If Manic! records the seminar, you actually won't really get whats going on but just the jist of it.... I say we pack Manic! Some bags to San Diego for an adventure
Posted via RS Mobile
Is it about how he is saying it or what he is saying?
Old 10-14-2013, 01:56 AM   #74
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:

Quote:
I'm interested but curious if I need to pack my own roti for lunch or if it will be provided. Please advise.
Manic,

I'm interested, however, I expect you to provide the roti.

Also, I expect Parm to attend, as the networking opportunity is a factor in the value

MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:05 AM   #75

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Quote:
Is it about how he is saying it or what he is saying?
From what I'm getting, TTZ is a person who many businesses are interested in based on his success and how they could probably replicate it. The delivery by TTZ is probably also very strong hence the demand (so yes, a bit of both)
Posted via RS Mobile
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote