REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-19-2013, 01:02 AM   #401
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,777 Times in 8,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Spoiler!

No, there was no confusion. Your post was obviously half about Manic! and half about meme405. You said that nobody had claimed there could be a suit and I posted where (regardless of the potentially humorous intent) TTZ said that he could and it would be an easy case to win. Now it's possible that the lighthearted hilarious world of defamation lawsuits simply eludes me but I tend to think it more likely that in the hundreds of posts in this thread you just missed that post and upon seeing my Bad Poker Face you pulled a classic SkinnyPupp. While you literally could not be more wrong, you still decided that you needed to fail my post and insist that I must have been confused. I anxiously await part two of the classic SP where you'll add that all of this was meant in jest and I shouldn't have taken it seriously.

All that said, I respect the hell out of you for all the pot stirring you've done here to keep this thread going and drive traffic to John's site and RS (I assume that this clusterfuck of a thread has caused a measurable increase in unique visitors?) You're doing a heck of a job, I mean, I said I was only going to post in this thread once.

My post was 100% about Manic. He was the only one I ever referred to when talking about potential litigation. The only people who brought up meme405 was TTZ when he made that (what I thought was an obvious) joke, and you confusing it for a factual statement. (do we need to get into why it's obvious that you can't sue someone for saying you weren't in a documentary, yet could sue for someone who did what manic did?)

The reason I failed you is because you posted a blatant mistake and tried to make it seem like you were right. And don't worry you got a "Thanks" from someone else who was wrong, so it should balance out

The fact that you continue to think I "literally could not be more wrong" when the precise opposite is true is pretty funny.
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:23 PM   #402
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
You understand what you're suggesting is that if someone is a sponsor, any other competitor in that same nature who is not a sponsor cannot be discussed, applauded or reviewed in any way?

The job of the website is to provide advertisement space. Not to eliminate conversation of the competition. It's not the yellow pages, it's an automotive forum that has a primary purpose of providing local knowledge and insights on the car scene. How can you do that if you're only restricted about talking about people who pay for sponsorship.

The YellowPages would have an obligation to ensure fair practice and opportunity for advertisement space. This is a discussion lead medium that can and should only guarantee the displaying of a sponsor's advertisement. What's next, can't post a deal that I find at Future Shop because SoundsGood Audio sells the same product? Can't recommend Meguilers Wax because Autowerks doesn't sell it?
Im pretty sure person A can start a thread 'hey how's this shop' and get others to chime in.

I'm also sure your post wont get edited/deleted if you posted a link to a sponsor's competitor product page when someone's looking for something specific.

Rflush mentioned as long as you dont advertise your business by creating a thread you should be good.

If you geuinely wanna help out the community and it involves creating a thread with affiliation to your business...show the siterunners some courtesy and send the mods a PM first asking for permission to post...you cant go wrong that way. If you're all about helping out the community I'm sure the admins/mods wont have any problem...given that sponsors dont directly throw a hissy fit and ask for your thread to be removed.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:40 PM   #403
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
im going to chime in on this...

how many genuine times do ppl actually post of an experience they had at a shop? i honestly am asking, if those posts, or threads made up were not just an attempt to spam RS? I, have done enough investigative work, on each time this has happened, to find out its either someone at the shop, or a friend of the shop.

In the end of the day, what is the worse that can happen for the shop to try to spam RS?

Everyone can have their opinions, but being the guy that went to all these shops to sign them up, your speculations are just opinions.

and to add food for thought, i even had one of these shops say "yeah, we finally decided to sign up, got tired of trying to spam you guys"

the funny thing is there is another thread going on about adding value to sponsors on RS, which is kinda the opposite.

ive been reading this thread... interesting on everyones insite...
Quote:
You understand what you're suggesting is that if someone is a sponsor, any other competitor in that same nature who is not a sponsor cannot be discussed, applauded or reviewed in any way?

The job of the website is to provide advertisement space. Not to eliminate conversation of the competition. It's not the yellow pages, it's an automotive forum that has a primary purpose of providing local knowledge and insights on the car scene. How can you do that if you're only restricted about talking about people who pay for sponsorship.

The YellowPages would have an obligation to ensure fair practice and opportunity for advertisement space. This is a discussion lead medium that can and should only guarantee the displaying of a sponsor's advertisement. What's next, can't post a deal that I find at Future Shop because SoundsGood Audio sells the same product? Can't recommend Meguilers Wax because Autowerks doesn't sell it?

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2013, 02:33 AM   #404
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
TTZ reached out to me, and I can respect. Should have never escalated to a personal standpoint, so I apologize for that.

TTZ has stated that if Linda Steele would like to do a segment he is up for it, so if that opportunity arises I will pass on her information.

I still do feel that if it takes this much effort to explain what you do for a living and how you make money that something is wrong, and I do not want anyone to think that this post constitutes me thinking I am wrong. I still do not believe anyone should give their money to John Chow, or anyone else for that matter, without doing research for themselves. Information is power. Also keep in mind that if it seems too good to be true it probably is.

I am no longer entering this thread, me and TTZ have both walked away.
bitch
puff_daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-20-2013, 05:40 AM   #405
Banned By Establishment

Last edited by SkinnyPupp; 10-21-2013 at 01:26 AM. Reason: dupe account (behind proxy)
PPPdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:32 AM   #406
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post

how many genuine times do ppl actually post of an experience they had at a shop? i honestly am asking, if those posts, or threads made up were not just an attempt to spam RS? I, have done enough investigative work, on each time this has happened, to find out its either someone at the shop, or a friend of the shop.

In the end of the day, what is the worse that can happen for the shop to try to spam RS?

Everyone can have their opinions, but being the guy that went to all these shops to sign them up, your speculations are just opinions.

and to add food for thought, i even had one of these shops say "yeah, we finally decided to sign up, got tired of trying to spam you guys"

the funny thing is there is another thread going on about adding value to sponsors on RS, which is kinda the opposite.

Can't speak for others but i've had some great experiences at certain shops/stores that i've considered making a post somewhere in RS and even a thread for 1 particular shop because they went above and beyond and saved me a tonne of money compared to other places i've had estimates given to me

But i've refrained from passing the info here on RS because its shunned which is no big deal to me but some of us do like passing on good info to others or make helpful suggestions (re: where can i buy this locally thread)

I can understand clamping down on this though because there May be more shops looking at posting as an opportunity to advertise than genuine members giving info but I could also see mods keeping a lock on this by only allowing older members to post such experiences

I dunno anyway no sweat off my back
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:33 AM   #407
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post

One-I don't think Mr.Chow here is far enough removed from this program to talk about it from an average users perspective. Those fancy checks that he gets handed as a member come from a print shop. Pick the number you want on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPPdiddy View Post
Here is the secret TTz (John) does not want anyone to know.

He is the owner of MTTB. This was made public yetserday on a popular forum, and easy to find. And was also announced in BHW vip section forum a couple months ago. The scam goes like this. John met Matt in san diego, and started the deal 3 months after that. John makes Matt (the fake owner) his front man. This way John can tell people it’s a good program and they get fooled into thinking he is giving honest advise but, the scam is John is really just prmoting his own deal.

Nearly all the marketing gurus know this secret, and that is why ONLY NEW affiliates are CURRENTLY prmoting this deal. 100% true. When the scam came out, a few gurus (2) other than John promoted it, but today,, John is the only guru still prmoting it. Because it is his program. He will deny this. But, I sat with a group of people at Jonthan Budds seminar and this secret was widely known. Now its public!

If John were to admit he is the owner than everyone would think he is biased so after meeting Matt 2 years ago in San diego, he started this deal. Now John and Matt laugh because they know they have fooled a ton of begginner marketes.

So "Manic" now you don't need to fuss about if the cash is real. The real scam is that John did not win it.But him and Matt pretend at each seminar that John is the top affiliate cus they know new marketers will fall for Johns bs.

Someone should ask John to comeback on this forum and answer why J. Budd, Mack, and Daegan have all stopped prmoting this deal over 12 months ago? Ask John why not even --1 other guru is currently actively promoting this deal? The answer is because John is the only one making money since he secretly owns the deal. Matt is only the dork in place to play the fake front man.

John has managed to fool many people with this deal, until he got exposed yesterday publicly.
Called that pages ago.

As this is getting interesting again, and some are starting to feel litigious, I feel I need to add that the following represents my opinion, and opinion only.

One, do you have a link to that forum thread? I'd like to read through it.

Two...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....LOL...HA.

Do the math kiddies. Do the math.

If I'm selling a "business opportunity" of any kind, there are going to be winners and losers. That money needs to come from somewhere. Their business isn't selling affiliate links to amazon, or the much touted Google adsense.

If, IF the pile of cash was legit(or represented the actual bank account. PS, I don't know how I feel about fake cash. The big checks have a sense of puffery about them, being big and all. The fake cash is kind of the same thing, but not) it would be coming from its own cannibalizing of business members. There needs to be an ever growing group of people that want in on the business opportunity to provide that cash to the ones that are already there. There are NO outside customers.

Replace it with Subway.

I could be in the franchise business for Subway. I could buy a territory and sub-divide and sell off franchises. I never make a sandwich. I sell the business.

But the actual business owners, the ones that make the sandwiches have outside customers. People buy the food.

There is no one in this deal that eats the sandwiches. The only end customer I can see are the ones that buy into the business and give up, or fail or whatever.

That's where the stack of money comes from.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-20-2013, 01:01 PM   #408
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:

Unfortunately, I haven't done any research on the threads that have popped up as spams in the past year or so. The spam threads that I can recall are just the obvious *Click here to buy Gucci Handbags** threads. Never really paid attention to people making threads to give reviews so I can't appropriately comment on that.

I was referring to threads where someone would post "can you advise me on a good ****" and then after people start talking about the various shops the threads would get closed down because we had a sponsor that could take care of the issue at hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
Im pretty sure person A can start a thread 'hey how's this shop' and get others to chime in.

I'm also sure your post wont get edited/deleted if you posted a link to a sponsor's competitor product page when someone's looking for something specific.

Rflush mentioned as long as you dont advertise your business by creating a thread you should be good.
Unfortunately, I have seen threads get closed because people were discussing a variety of different businesses that provided the same services as one of our sponsors. And that is the ONLY issue I raise here in this thread regarding sponsorship.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:41 PM   #409
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

actually, its softened quite a bit in the last few years. the quick decision was in direct reaction to sponsors to "do something, and do something fast, why am i paying if my competitor can come on here and spam?"

now, members and everyone have come on board to help out sponsors by directing questions like those to actual sponsors.

for the amount of effort, to gain so little yield, not even for myself, but for this website, i even question myself in asking, why do i bother. you try to help the sponsors, you get backlashed from the members, you try to side with the members, you get backlash from the sponsors.

tell me how we should approach this? at that moment and at that time, a quick decision was to be made.

the time i tried to calmly advise SR auto (a paying sponsor at the time) in how to react and turn the negative thread into a positive thread, SR quit sponsorship on the spot.

at the end of the day, who pays the bills? and who are the members that just want to start shit because they are bored? haters gonna hate...

and those advice threads, 50% of which are genuine, other 50% are 2 accounts coming from the same ip. kinda like someone at a crash scene yelling out for a good bodyshop, only to have one of his buddies come out posing as a good Samaritan for a recommended good bodyshop...

Quote:
Unfortunately, I haven't done any research on the threads that have popped up as spams in the past year or so. The spam threads that I can recall are just the obvious *Click here to buy Gucci Handbags** threads. Never really paid attention to people making threads to give reviews so I can't appropriately comment on that.

I was referring to threads where someone would post "can you advise me on a good ****" and then after people start talking about the various shops the threads would get closed down because we had a sponsor that could take care of the issue at hand.

Unfortunately, I have seen threads get closed because people were discussing a variety of different businesses that provided the same services as one of our sponsors. And that is the ONLY issue I raise here in this thread regarding sponsorship.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2013, 02:02 PM   #410

Quote:

tell me how we should approach this? at that moment and at that time, a quick decision was to be made.

at the end of the day, who pays the bills? and who are the members that just want to start shit because they are bored? haters gonna hate...
I'm not in a position nor do I have the knowledge to provide advise on how to reform a problem of this sort. I can only give my observations as an active user of the trend that I've seen.

I'm also reluctant to give any sort of opinion or insight because it usually turns into a "you don't pay the bills so you can stfu" or a "well if you don't like it then gtfo" sort of responses. I've said my piece and will be out before this turns into a bash-session.
Old 10-20-2013, 02:06 PM   #411
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

never is easy making the rules as we go along.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2013, 02:11 PM   #412

Quote:
never is easy making the rules as we go along.
I don't think anyone thinks nor said that it's easy. Again, this wasn't a discussion about what's easy and what's hard, who pays the bills and who doesn't. It was an open discussion on the way we treat mentioning of a non-sponsored entity.

But if it's only applause you're looking for and not any sort or form of adverse opinion, well then good job on running the website, you're doing a speculator job. Thank you for all your hard work, it certainly has come a long way.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #413
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Nerdy old asian guy is a rockstar in his own mind
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:36 PM   #414
Banned By Establishment

I think there is also something to be said for "car shit" vs "anything else".

There is more value to advertising car stuff to a group of people mostly of the car mentality, then there is advertising other stuff to a demographic that's maybe not as defined on RS. Yeah, we all eat, but its not primarily a food forum.

As a member, we just like to be kept in the loop Someone saying, "no one is advertising dubious business opportunities and he's not openly soliciting members. Fair play" or "your recommend a wheel refinishing place thread is the 5th this month. I submit to you now, we have either covered the shit out of it, or the answer was never meant to be known. Either way, its spam and its closed."

People know the reason why, can either accept and move on, or bitch in the member support area but either way its off the main site.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:53 PM   #415
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

its not applause i look for, but an explanation of our actions.

by having a strict and swift hand at dealing with spam, it allows for you to have that link in your signature for free.

Quote:
I don't think anyone thinks nor said that it's easy. Again, this wasn't a discussion about what's easy and what's hard, who pays the bills and who doesn't. It was an open discussion on the way we treat mentioning of a non-sponsored entity.

But if it's only applause you're looking for and not any sort or form of adverse opinion, well then good job on running the website, you're doing a speculator job. Thank you for all your hard work, it certainly has come a long way.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 10-20-2013, 08:58 PM   #416
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

as one of the guys that runs this site, there are things in which we dont need to keep the public in the loop. whats allowed and isnt allowed, whats seen as spam, what isnt. i garantee, once we make anything public and obvious, ppl will just find ways around it or to bend it.

this is how i kinda see RS. i am not your landlord, nor are you my tenant. there is no exchange for rent, however, there an understanding that the public thumb tack board shouldn't be used to solicit business without prior consent. the common area is free to use, but use of common sense is highly advised. the advertising you see on the walls pays for the fooseball table, and the pingpong table. it pays to keep the lights on and the the free internet we all use here.

Quote:
I think there is also something to be said for "car shit" vs "anything else".

There is more value to advertising car stuff to a group of people mostly of the car mentality, then there is advertising other stuff to a demographic that's maybe not as defined on RS. Yeah, we all eat, but its not primarily a food forum.

As a member, we just like to be kept in the loop Someone saying, "no one is advertising dubious business opportunities and he's not openly soliciting members. Fair play" or "your recommend a wheel refinishing place thread is the 5th this month. I submit to you now, we have either covered the shit out of it, or the answer was never meant to be known. Either way, its spam and its closed."

People know the reason why, can either accept and move on, or bitch in the member support area but either way its off the main site.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 10-20-2013, 09:07 PM   #417
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:

He is the owner of MTTB. This was made public yetserday on a popular forum, and easy to find. And was also announced in BHW vip section forum a couple months ago. The scam goes like this. John met Matt in san diego, and started the deal 3 months after that. John makes Matt (the fake owner) his front man. This way John can tell people it’s a good program and they get fooled into thinking he is giving honest advise but, the scam is John is really just prmoting his own deal.

Nearly all the marketing gurus know this secret, and that is why ONLY NEW affiliates are CURRENTLY prmoting this deal. 100% true. When the scam came out, a few gurus (2) other than John promoted it, but today,, John is the only guru still prmoting it. Because it is his program. He will deny this. But, I sat with a group of people at Jonthan Budds seminar and this secret was widely known. Now its public!

If John were to admit he is the owner than everyone would think he is biased so after meeting Matt 2 years ago in San diego, he started this deal. Now John and Matt laugh because they know they have fooled a ton of begginner marketes.

So "Manic" now you don't need to fuss about if the cash is real. The real scam is that John did not win it.But him and Matt pretend at each seminar that John is the top affiliate cus they know new marketers will fall for Johns bs.

Someone should ask John to comeback on this forum and answer why J. Budd, Mack, and Daegan have all stopped prmoting this deal over 12 months ago? Ask John why not even --1 other guru is currently actively promoting this deal? The answer is because John is the only one making money since he secretly owns the deal. Matt is only the dork in place to play the fake front man.

John has managed to fool many people with this deal, until he got exposed yesterday publicly.
So what's the official reply from the Chow camp? If, purely speculating, MTTB is in fact owned and created by John Chow, would it be a TOTAL SCAM?

Let's look back at the great things Mr Chow has said in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTZ View Post
To answer your question. MTTB is not a MLM company. It's a 2-tier affiliate program. I make 5% on affiliates that I refer. It's much like the affiliate programs I have with many ad networks. When I refer new bloggers to a network, like InfoLinks, InfoLinks pays me 10% of whatever the blogger makes, for life. If the blogger runs InfoLinks ad on his blog and make $100/month, I make $10/month. Not much, but over the years, I have referred 1000's of bloggers to these networks. It adds up.

MTTB is not a pyramid scheme. Most people don't even know what the legal definition of a pyramid scheme is. They just think the guy at the top makes all the money while the guys at the bottom make nothing. If that's what they think, maybe they should look more closely at the setup of the company that they work at, especially if they're the factory workers at the bottom.

Yes, the company gave me a SL550 for free.

If you, or any else, wants to find out more about MTTB, feel free to PM me or go check out my blog. Yes, it is making me over $100,000 a month.
"The Company"

Quote:

For me, I would never buy the SL550 the company gave me because I think spending over $100K on a car is just a big waste of money.
Not when your company leases it for tax writeoffs using new licensees money.

Quote:
Why I do all this should be obvious by now. Just like I make a commission when a readers signs up for a new blog from HostGator, I make a commission whenever a MTTB licensee makes a sale. Unlike HostGator, my MTTB commission is for life. As long as the licensee keeps making money, I keep making money, so my job is to help them make more money because the money I make is tied to their success. And that right there is the secret to success on the Internet. The most people you help succeed, the more successful you become.
Quote:
The Benz is great. Any car you can get for free would be. When the lease on this SL550 expires, the company is getting me a SLS AMG GT. I'm not sure if I want the gullwing one or the convertible. I really should get the convertible because the OC has perfect weather for that, but I love the looks of the gullwing doors. Which one would you get?

Also, thanks for pointing out that you can get a free Mercedes with MTTB.

Like I said, so easy to manipulate.
"The company" needs a bigger writeoff this time using Licensees money while giving them a bigger hope that they could one day win an SLS AMG GT. Now that's what I call a Win Win Win.

Quote:
You won't have to wait that long. I'm already six months into the SL lease. It's not a question of the company paying for it. It was a question on whether I could maintain the points to keep such a car.

The SL cost me nine points a month. Points are awarded based on sales volume. Any points beyond nine gets banked to use in the future. I have enough points banked up that I can do zero sales until end of the lease and the lease would still be paid for, and I would still have points remaining.

Getting a SLS would require increasing the points from nine to 18 - 20, but that's no problem because I have over 500 points banked up, and I'm generating 60 to 100 per month at my current sales volume.
I have a Gazillion points in NKC ONE Ltd too.

Quote:
At $200K - $240K, I can think of quite a few other cars I would take over the SLS, but I'm not the one paying for it, so I really can't complain.
Quote:
Please explain how my SL, that MTTB pays for, is not a free car for me because I'm pretty stupid.
Sounds more like your MTTB is making too much dough with no real expenses.

Quote:

I've only been with MTTB for a year and a month, so I don't have two years income to show you. This is my stats for the past 30 days.

From Sept 17 to Oct 17, I generated $178,804.47 in total revenue. There was $441 of refunds. My net commissions from the sales were $61,994.77. This was generated by sending 5,156 unique visitors to the various MTTB sales pages. Each visitor was worth $12.02.

At companies events, "cheques" are presented to licensees. These represent how much the licensee has earned in net commissions since joining. At the March event (I joined in Sept so six months) I got a cheque for $128,804.40.

Four months later, that cheque went to $206,047.95.

At the next event in December, the cheque is estimated to be over $500,000. So pretty good growth.

In addition to the commissions, I'm given a 2013 Mercedes-Benz SL550 for free. It's a two year lease and MTTB pays for it. While I don't pay for the car, this is a taxable benefit to me and it will have to be included in my tax return.

The company also hold monthly contests with mostly cash prizes. I won $25,000 cash in the last one.

Since joining MTTB, I have won $73,000 in cash, $15,000 in gold coins, a $5,000 trip to Fiji (which I haven't took yet), and a Macbook Air.

Adding it all up, I estimate my MTTB net income in 2013 will be around $600,000 on $1.6 to $1.7 million gross revenue.
So your whole gig is to pretend that you are getting all these "payouts" from a company you own to lure in new licensees to fund these payouts? Everyone's definition of a scam may be different in an ethical sense but this one's pretty solid. Nicely done.
NKC ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2013, 09:08 PM   #418
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

and... ive actually finally read through most of this thread, over the weekend, while i cooled down from work and slowly get over whatever it is that is going around at the moment that is making me sick to the stomach, weak and downright disgusting.

having helped run this board for 13 years, what i lacked in technical training, i have gained in straight out stupidity and trial n error.

1 phrase that was taught to me very early on was "traffic is king". even if with low odds, so long as there is high enough traffic. throw enough rocks into a pond, and eventually you will hit a damn fish.

like with many affiliate programs out there, its the determination of the person that participates that ultimately decides on the outcome. if you have 1/2 the brains to do it, and 1/2 the aptitude to sell it, you will only result in a possible 1/2 the odds of a positive outcome.

to each there own, john seems to have made some good $$$ doing what he does. even without looking into it, there are ppl that have succeeded from participating in his seminars and lectures, and there are ppl that have utterly failed at it.

my personal opinion, like education, what you do with it is still in your hands. having said that, i wish i went thru the bcit route over college and university.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 10-20-2013, 09:17 PM   #419
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

must suck to have such a big cheque. how many folds must you do to have it fit in your wallet so you can go to the bank to deposit it on your lunch break.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 10-20-2013, 09:36 PM   #420
Banned By Establishment

But sg, thats not really what is being discussed here. There is the website. Great. Go nuts. If you have a site, and followers and they spend money to be like you...well, thats on them.

We are talking specificaaly MTTB. Its being promoted on YOUR board. Is he outright saying, "sign up here?". No. But when he says this thread made him money, think how. Rankings in google, a chance to spread the gospel or straight up sign ups...pick one.

Saying that he is kind of legit is pretty unfair when its stacking up that he is more than an affiliate to the company. Does he own it? Who really knows. But its fake as shit. That fake stack of cash, if it represents real money, comes from failed businesses, because there are no outside customers. None.

I dont want tnis thread closed. I want it to stay open, and add to the discussion on opportunity.

And ps, 2 year leases are cheap as shit. Just sayin.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2013, 10:17 PM   #421
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

see, here is how everything comes to light.

parm brought up how we shouldnt censor spam, though it was more directed to specific type of spam (correct me if im wrong)

if we react the same exact same way, that i normally do, that is, someone informs me of the thread, if no moderator has taken action yet, then i step in. this what we normally do.

then comes the backlash, members saying im being unfair, i shouldnt censor, so on and so forth.

this time, i am told of the thread, but i decide, lets let it ride. it isnt self promoting (til later on in the thread), now im being told i SHOULD have taken action.

you guys are hard to please. its almost as if dependant on topic, you would side it as spam, or not spam... so in essence, its ok for shops, not ok for 1 guy? (money aside)

in the end, this thread pretty much had its 15mins of fame, and has died, now its side tracking.

this thread went a little personal at some points (from what i have read) but what was surprising, it stayed some what civil. no real name calling, maybe some emotional outbursts, but at one point, difference in opinion reached a junction in which both parts apologized for "going a bit too far", thus then bringing it back.

and ps, depends where you lease, what you are leasing it for, and if its zoned already for what your purpose to use the lease. and if applied, local area allows for your lease of the area to be used for business to their liking, and or add value to the area.

like i said... this is an interesting thread. wont go down in history like christmas lobster hotpot, but still some noted points reached.

Quote:
But sg, thats not really what is being discussed here. There is the website. Great. Go nuts. If you have a site, and followers and they spend money to be like you...well, thats on them.

We are talking specificaaly MTTB. Its being promoted on YOUR board. Is he outright saying, "sign up here?". No. But when he says this thread made him money, think how. Rankings in google, a chance to spread the gospel or straight up sign ups...pick one.

Saying that he is kind of legit is pretty unfair when its stacking up that he is more than an affiliate to the company. Does he own it? Who really knows. But its fake as shit. That fake stack of cash, if it represents real money, comes from failed businesses, because there are no outside customers. None.

I dont want tnis thread closed. I want it to stay open, and add to the discussion on opportunity.

And ps, 2 year leases are cheap as shit. Just sayin.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2013, 10:24 PM   #422
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,219 Times in 1,961 Posts
I was a silent reader to this thread.

I must say it was quite gross. There's a line to draw between defending your business and just being arrogant in your delivery. Some posts from Mr. John were unneeded and unnecessary. A lot of the photos were just sensational tripe.

Maybe I didn't read all the posts clearly enough to get the 'vibe' but I could only read so much.

But hey, simply playing objective 3rd party here.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:27 PM   #423
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

i kept my mouth shut until this very 16th page...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
I was a silent reader to this thread.

I must say it was quite gross. There's a line to draw between defending your business and just being arrogant in your delivery. Some posts from Mr. John were unneeded and unnecessary. A lot of the photos were just sensational tripe.

Maybe I didn't read all the posts clearly enough to get the 'vibe' but I could only read so much.

But hey, simply playing objective 3rd party here.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 10-20-2013, 10:48 PM   #424
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
in the end, this thread pretty much had its 15mins of fame, and has died, now its side tracking.
Sorry I don't agree. In light of new evidence, I believe the best is yet to come.
NKC ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-20-2013, 11:50 PM   #425
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,114 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:

i am actually awaiting a response from Chow to this if he gets back on this thread. this should be an interesting response.
Alby is offline   Reply With Quote