REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   John Chow and 'MTTB' - My Top Tier Business (https://www.revscene.net/forums/689057-john-chow-mttb-my-top-tier-business.html)

Acura604 10-09-2013 02:31 PM

John Chow and 'MTTB' - My Top Tier Business

"My Top Tier Business"

Did Chow decide to get into some sort of pyramid scam/multi level marketing b.s.?

*for the uninformed, John Chow was the local hotshot blogger who rose to fame blogging for a living boasting weekly revenues in the 1000s from it*

Thoughts on this:

http://mytoptierbusiness.com/letter/

My Top Tier Business ? How To Make $1,000, $3,000, $5,000 Commission Online

..in a nutshell..

give the guy $49 for some training and coaching and he guarantees you get $1000 within a month for promoting his shit. Most likely it'll take some work... AND...if you don't earn that $1000, he will pay you $500. but apparently there are some 'catches' as mentioned in this MTTB review thread:

my top tier business, matt lloyd

kinda looks like a cult or some sort of pyramid crap. but he's driving around in a SL550 (at no cost to him) down in Cali somewhere. Is this all a big show?

lowside67 10-09-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acura604 (Post 8336047)
give the guy $49 for some training and coaching and he guarantees you get $1000 within a month for promoting his shit. Most likely it'll take some work... AND...if you don't earn that $1000, he will pay you $500. but apparently there are some 'catches' as mentioned in this MTTB review thread:

That, literally, is the definition of a multi-level marketing scenario. And usually the guy at the head of a MLM company IS driving an SL in Cali, it doesn't mean you're not going to get fucked as the last person on the chain.

shawnly1000 10-09-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

"My Top Tier Business"

Did Chow decide to get into some sort of pyramid scam/multi level marketing b.s.?

Thoughts on this:

http://mytoptierbusiness.com/letter/

My Top Tier Business ? How To Make $1,000, $3,000, $5,000 Commission Online

..in a nutshell..

my top tier business, matt lloyd

kinda looks like a cult or some sort of pyramid crap. but he's driving around in a SL550 (at no cost to him) down in Cali somewhere.

:seriously: :suspicious:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...f_serious.jpeg

inb4 WFG, etc

Geoc 10-09-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

kinda looks like a cult or some sort of pyramid crap. but he's driving around in a SL550 (at no cost to him) down in Cali somewhere.

Since the CEO of Ford has a private jet, by that logic I can assume that I will get a private jet too if I work for them, even as a factory worker?

Acura604 10-09-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoc (Post 8336065)
Since the CEO of Ford has a private jet, by that logic I can assume that I will get a private jet too if I work for them, even as a factory worker?

the benz is advertised as a 'reward' for members when they reach a certain status with the company. I think they call it platinum status.

sonick 10-09-2013 02:55 PM

At least with MLM most of the time they are selling a product or service. This is almost a straight up pyramid scheme, there is no product or service they provide.

Reminds me of:

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upl...nvigaron-1.gif

ajei 10-09-2013 02:59 PM

VERY SCAMMY. the websites, and especially the testimonials. the owner's other business IM products also. I don't think johnchow has your best interests in mind either; and not only because he offers payed endorsement for anybody's product.

dachinesedude 10-09-2013 03:11 PM

WFG, Vector, Usana, this, where the top 1% make 95% of the money

same shit different pile

SkinnyPupp 10-09-2013 04:48 PM

If you think this is a pyramid scheme, you don't know what that means.

You pay $50 for training and recommendations from a guy who makes $10K a month or whatever it is, and drives a free SL (perhaps soon to be SLS).

That training isn't a bunch of upsells, it's advice... note that some of it does require licensing, sometimes expensive.

They key is that you need to build a list of some sort to pitch to. If you have a list, you can make money from it.. he just tells you how to do that effectively. You can try on your own too.

trancehead 10-09-2013 05:51 PM

good ole network marketing

matrixfwd 10-09-2013 06:29 PM

Do you guys remember Tom Vu, the dude on TV from the 90's?

When I saw the John Chow guy, there seemed to be some resemblance:

TTZ 10-09-2013 06:46 PM

Cool! I didn't think I was still talked about on RS.

Acura604 - Long time man! How you doing? Still blacking out headlights? :)

To answer your question. MTTB is not a MLM company. It's a 2-tier affiliate program. I make 5% on affiliates that I refer. It's much like the affiliate programs I have with many ad networks. When I refer new bloggers to a network, like InfoLinks, InfoLinks pays me 10% of whatever the blogger makes, for life. If the blogger runs InfoLinks ad on his blog and make $100/month, I make $10/month. Not much, but over the years, I have referred 1000's of bloggers to these networks. It adds up.

MTTB is not a pyramid scheme. Most people don't even know what the legal definition of a pyramid scheme is. They just think the guy at the top makes all the money while the guys at the bottom make nothing. If that's what they think, maybe they should look more closely at the setup of the company that they work at, especially if they're the factory workers at the bottom.

MTTB does have products. Over 3 dozen of them. They range in price from free to $15,000 or more. Affiliate/Licensees make commissions when they sell these products.

Yes, the company gave me a SL550 for free. Any Licensee who hit the min sales level can get a Benz. Right now, over 3 dozen Licensees qualify for a new Mercedes. I'm not sure if you're interested in that since you still seem to be a die hard Acura guy.

If you, or any else, wants to find out more about MTTB, feel free to PM me or go check out my blog. Yes, it is making me over $100,000 a month. No, you won't make that in your first month, or your second or third for that matter. But it's really not that hard to pull down a grand a month from it.

dachinesedude - The top 1% makes 95% of the money. That is true for everything, not just what I do.

rsx 10-09-2013 06:47 PM

I signed up a while back, simply because I'm a doer.Not a dont'er like you.

Manic! 10-09-2013 07:56 PM

RS needs to start a pyramid scheme. Start by selling VIP memberships for $10. But for $30 you can become a partner. By becoming a partner you get a 1 year membership and you become a membership dealer. For every membership you sell you get a $1. But you can also sell partnerships. For ever partnership you sell you make $5. Now for ever membership your partnership sells get get 25 cents. For ever partnership they sell you get $2. For every partnership your partnership sells you make a $1 for up to 5 partnerships down. You also make 15 cents for every membership your partnerships partnership sell up to 5 partnerships down. Once you have 5 partnerships that are 5 partnerships down you become a partnership caption. Once you get 5 captionships you become a commander. once you get 5 captionships you become a rear admiral.

shawnly1000 10-09-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 8336283)
RS needs to start a pyramid scheme. Start by selling VIP memberships for $10. But for $30 you can become a partner. By becoming a partner you get a 1 year membership and you become a membership dealer. For every membership you sell you get a $1. But you can also sell partnerships. For ever partnership you sell you make $5. Now for ever membership your partnership sells get get 25 cents. For ever partnership they sell you get $2. For every partnership your partnership sells you make a $1 for up to 5 partnerships down. You also make 15 cents for every membership your partnerships partnership sell up to 5 partnerships down. Once you have 5 partnerships that are 5 partnerships down you become a partnership caption. Once you get 5 captionships you become a commander. once you get 5 captionships you become a rear admiral.

:fullofwin:

El Bastardo 10-09-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TTZ (Post 8336242)
Its totally not a scam guys

I'm glad you've got something thats working for you but please don't spam Revscene with your links or try to recruit any of the members to be part of your downlline or whatever.

SkinnyPupp 10-09-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Bastardo (Post 8336327)
I'm glad you've got something thats working for you but please don't spam Revscene with your links or try to recruit any of the members to be part of your downlline or whatever.

He's not spamming, wtf? Someone made a thread about him, publicly suggesting that he may be a scammer, and he came and responded to it.

falcon 10-09-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dachinesedude (Post 8336084)
WFG, Vector, Usana, this, where the top 1% make 95% of the money

same shit different pile

My parents have been part of USANA for a long time, and while they aren't "raking" it in, they get a check every month for a few hundred bucks for doing absolutely nothing. And I've met a guy my age who started doing it 7 years ago when he was 18 and now is rolling in it. He dedicated a lot of time though. USANA acually sells a product, and a very damn well good one.

Manic! 10-09-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TTZ (Post 8336242)
Cool! I didn't think I was still talked about on RS.

Acura604 - Long time man! How you doing? Still blacking out headlights? :)

To answer your question. MTTB is not a MLM company. It's a 2-tier affiliate program. I make 5% on affiliates that I refer. It's much like the affiliate programs I have with many ad networks. When I refer new bloggers to a network, like InfoLinks, InfoLinks pays me 10% of whatever the blogger makes, for life. If the blogger runs InfoLinks ad on his blog and make $100/month, I make $10/month. Not much, but over the years, I have referred 1000's of bloggers to these networks. It adds up.

MTTB is not a pyramid scheme. Most people don't even know what the legal definition of a pyramid scheme is. They just think the guy at the top makes all the money while the guys at the bottom make nothing. If that's what they think, maybe they should look more closely at the setup of the company that they work at, especially if they're the factory workers at the bottom.

MTTB does have products. Over 3 dozen of them. They range in price from free to $15,000 or more. Affiliate/Licensees make commissions when they sell these products.

Yes, the company gave me a SL550 for free. Any Licensee who hit the min sales level can get a Benz. Right now, over 3 dozen Licensees qualify for a new Mercedes. I'm not sure if you're interested in that since you still seem to be a die hard Acura guy.

If you, or any else, wants to find out more about MTTB, feel free to PM me or go check out my blog. Yes, it is making me over $100,000 a month. No, you won't make that in your first month, or your second or third for that matter. But it's really not that hard to pull down a grand a month from it.

dachinesedude - The top 1% makes 95% of the money. That is true for everything, not just what I do.

So what are the type of products MTTB sells.

TTZ 10-09-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 8336351)
So what are the type of products MTTB sells.

Information products, personal coaching, newsletters, web design, sales funnel creation, live events, Masterminds in topical locations (the last one was in Cabo San Lucas).

Manic! 10-09-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TTZ (Post 8336358)
Information products, personal coaching, newsletters, web design, sales funnel creation, live events, Masterminds in topical locations (the last one was in Cabo San Lucas).

So nothing that's a physical product that has a manufacturing cost.

TTZ 10-09-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 8336377)
So nothing that's a physical product that has a manufacturing cost.

If you're looking for "hard cost" the closest would be the live events. The props, stages, speakers, ballroom, hotels, etc. all cost a mint. The same for the Mastermind. They have to estimate how many tickets they think will sell and then book the rooms based on that. $250K deposit upfront for the last mastermind, and hope you can sell all the tickets because if you don't, the cost doesn't go down. If you don't fill all the rooms, you still pay for it.

I personally prefer the information products. All my own products are information products. Cost of good sold is near zero and that means I can afford to pay a big commission to my affiliates and still make good money. My last info product launch generated $200K in the first month. Total cost to set it all up was about $20K. You won't find any "normal" businesses that can break even, much less make a profit, in its first year. I can do it in one day. :)

meme405 10-09-2013 10:27 PM

Inb4 people get scammed out of their money...

blee123 10-09-2013 10:51 PM

so what is this "Nu dream" BS people are posting on fb about their monthly commisions and all ?

Apparently, alot of people joined "Nu Skin"

Manic! 10-10-2013 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TTZ (Post 8336392)
If you're looking for "hard cost" the closest would be the live events. The props, stages, speakers, ballroom, hotels, etc. all cost a mint. The same for the Mastermind. They have to estimate how many tickets they think will sell and then book the rooms based on that. $250K deposit upfront for the last mastermind, and hope you can sell all the tickets because if you don't, the cost doesn't go down. If you don't fill all the rooms, you still pay for it.

I personally prefer the information products. All my own products are information products. Cost of good sold is near zero and that means I can afford to pay a big commission to my affiliates and still make good money. My last info product launch generated $200K in the first month. Total cost to set it all up was about $20K. You won't find any "normal" businesses that can break even, much less make a profit, in its first year. I can do it in one day. :)

Why not just do it on line instead of going to Mexico?