REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Ariel Castro May Have Accidentally Choked to Death While Masturbating Read more: htt (https://www.revscene.net/forums/689141-ariel-castro-may-have-accidentally-choked-death-while-masturbating-read-more-htt.html)

Traum 10-11-2013 11:55 PM

Ariel Castro May Have Accidentally Choked to Death While Masturbating

Saw the following news today, and it had to be my WTF moment of the day.

Ariel Castro Death May Be From Auto-Erotic Asphyxiation | TIME.com

Quote:

Investigators from the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction noted that Castro was found hanging from prison a window hinge with his pants and underwear at his ankles on Sept. 3. They are now considering the possibility that Castro died from auto-erotic asphyxiation, a masturbation technique involving self-strangulation. Commonly known as AEA, the practice involves cutting off oxygen to the brain in order to intensify orgasms during masturbation or sex.
A fitting death for this fxxking sick bastard, I suppose? :lawl:

In case you may have forgotten, Castro was the man that keep 3 women hostage in his home for (10+?) years, and has only been busted recently.

bing 10-12-2013 01:08 AM

It happens and it could very well be the case here. I just covered this in my sex offenses class and apparently there are 500-1000 accidental deaths of this kind in the US every year.

SkinnyPupp 10-12-2013 01:26 AM

This is how David Carradine died, and I think the lead singer for INXS

MG1 10-12-2013 02:19 AM

Could be that the inmates or guards finally got to him.

Gridlock 10-12-2013 07:42 AM

Sheryl Crow's boyfriend was the first one I ever heard about.

It really is proof positive that some people put way more effort into their masturbatory protocol than I do.

twitchyzero 10-12-2013 08:04 AM

ive read about this type of accidental death but never quite understand it
wouldn't your body start fighting and put all the energy resources in freeing yourself as the asphyxiation slow kicks in? You'd think that would overcome any sexual drive at that point

MindBomber 10-12-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 8337712)
ive read about this type of accidental death but never quite understand it
wouldn't your body start fighting and put all the energy resources in freeing yourself as the asphyxiation slow kicks in? You'd think that would overcome any sexual drive at that point

In auto-erotic asphyxiation the oxygen supply to the lungs is restrained via compressing the trachea, and losing consciousness due to oxygen deprivation takes three minutes. The noose may accidentally compress the carotid or jugular, however, and limit blood flow to or from the brain. Losing consciousness due to limiting blood flow to the brain takes as little as 10 seconds, and as a result the person may not even realize they're in trouble before it's too late.

dinosaur 10-12-2013 09:22 AM

Was waiting to Mindbomber to chime in with his expertise ;)

MindBomber 10-12-2013 09:36 AM

I'm not into auto-erotic asphyxiation, not at all. I'm simply familiar with asphyxiation induced death, and inadvertently that extends to auto-erotic asphyxiation enough to answer Twitchy's question.

BaoTurbo 10-12-2013 09:47 AM

I've heard about this to intensify your orgasm. Didn't know about it until recently too.

Bouncing Bettys 10-12-2013 10:29 AM

I've had more than one woman during sex request to be choked or wish to choke me. More so as minor rough play and power exchange than to edge asphyxiation. Non-vanilla sex is a lot more common than most people are willing to admit. You really have to be careful. Something seemingly harmless can quickly turn into an embarrassing trip to the emergency room or worse.

I hope Castro had the 'Oh Shit Oh Shit' moment and a brief moment of terror before he went if this was really the way he went.

Matsuda 10-12-2013 10:35 AM

maybe he should of particpated in the no fap challenge

spideyv2 10-12-2013 11:11 AM

No fap crew checking in
Posted via RS Mobile

GS8 10-12-2013 11:26 AM

Good

Throw his corpse out.

I guess the real question is did he finish?

DanHibiki 10-12-2013 11:46 AM

he was finished

Manic! 10-12-2013 11:49 AM

KingDeeCee 10-12-2013 01:44 PM

In the news tomorrow: 10 Revscene members in tragic auto-erotic asphyxiation accident.

PiuYi 10-12-2013 09:07 PM

if anything, i think he gave everybody a big slap in the face

he died sexually pleasing himself... which is sorta how he got in this mess in the first place, so basically he's telling everybody, "fuck you, if i'm gonna die, i'm going out a horndog, you guys can't do shit about it"

twitchyzero 10-12-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindBomber (Post 8337736)
I'm not into auto-erotic asphyxiation, not at all. I'm simply familiar with asphyxiation induced death, and inadvertently that extends to auto-erotic asphyxiation enough to answer Twitchy's question.

I watched it on a HBO series that opens each episode with obtuse deaths :concentrate:

StylinRed 10-12-2013 10:49 PM

a lot of people are said to be killed and the killers set a scene to make it look like they died masturbating. that's what was suggested for David Carradine because supposedly Thai gangsters do that

Gridlock 10-13-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 8338132)
a lot of people are said to be killed and the killers set a scene to make it look like they died masturbating. that's what was suggested for David Carradine because supposedly Thai gangsters do that

OR

People that knew someone that died jerking off in fancy ways tell people that it gets faked all the time by Thai gangsters because they don't want to admit that a loved one can't even whack the mole without going and getting themselves dead.

Like, whatever happened to spitting in your hand and treating it like it owed you money? There's a game that sounds fun, and you'll end up alive at the end, right?

7seven 10-13-2013 11:45 AM

I think this type of thing might be more common than most of us realize. I would say a majority of the woman I'm with either want or loved to be choked pretty roughly during sex.

Castro deserved a worst death, not a death that potentially brought him pleasure.

GS8 10-13-2013 09:33 PM