REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Woman badly injured by exploding computer chair (https://www.revscene.net/forums/689182-woman-badly-injured-exploding-computer-chair.html)

registrar 10-13-2013 02:42 PM

Woman badly injured by exploding computer chair

READ THIS (LOL): Woman badly injured by exploding computer chair | AsiaOne Business

SIGH Chinese products!

parm104 10-13-2013 03:12 PM

....yah hilarious...

qtipz 10-13-2013 03:59 PM

up next, exploding hair dryers....

:fulloffuck::fulloffuck::fulloffuck::fulloffuck:

Redlines_Daily 10-13-2013 04:17 PM

A 24-year-old woman from Fuijian, China was sitting in front of her computer when her chair suddenly 'exploded', sending pieces of steel into her body.

$According to reports, her intestines and vagina were pierced by a steel rod.$Doctors saved her by removing a$dozen screws and fragments of plastic from her flesh.

Ya, real fucking LOL moment there op.

Culverin 10-13-2013 05:20 PM

What's the difference between these 3?
- hydraulic pressured
- mechanical
- gas pressured

I presume mechanical = spring loaded?

The article states that "cheap air-lift chairs are gas pressured".
What does that have to do with the containment of the source of the pressure though?

sdubfid 10-13-2013 06:27 PM

Sounds like a gnarly gash
Posted via RS Mobile

Klondike 10-13-2013 08:56 PM

Looks like she was in the hot seat.

inv4zn 10-13-2013 09:16 PM

I don't know why or how any of you are making jokes at this.

That sounds fucking terrible.

Mr.HappySilp 10-13-2013 09:20 PM

Now I can totally understand why people in China all flop to Hong Kong to buy their everyday goods.....

qtipz 10-13-2013 09:28 PM

yes it is tragic what happened to her and i hope she gets a speedy recovery

not sure about the majority of people here, but for myself, when i read a headline that's coming out of china, nothing really shock me anymore. china is known for mass producing quantity over quality products with little to zero safety inspections requirements . eg... poorly made iphone cable/charger that caused an iphone to explode and killed someone.... like wtf - you dont see that shit happening in america *yet*

!LittleDragon 10-13-2013 10:39 PM

Anyone can make shitty products.... Can anyone think of a shoddy Chinese made product that's killed 250 people and seriously injured 3000 others? Wasn't that long ago when American made Firestone tires did just that.

Who remembers the runaway Toyota fiasco? Or knows why Audi's reputation was nearly destroyed in North America at one point?

One faulty chair or iphone cable and people go haha look at China...

parm104 10-13-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qtipz (Post 8338546)
yes it is tragic what happened to her and i hope she gets a speedy recovery

not sure about the majority of people here, but for myself, when i read a headline that's coming out of china, nothing really shock me anymore. china is known for mass producing quantity over quality products with little to zero safety inspections requirements . eg... poorly made iphone cable/charger that caused an iphone to explode and killed someone.... like wtf - you dont see that shit happening in america *yet*

What? Where do you think your iPhones and the American's iPhones are made? Half the shit we use everyday is made in China dude.

One cell phone explosion in a million is called an anomaly my friend. There have been like what, 5 explosions out of 40 million? Granted, the number should be zero but anything with a battery has the possibility of exploding.

If you think the products you and I commonly use every day, without getting injured, are not made in China...then I would suggest that you look at the labels a little more closely.

elwell 10-13-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Culverin (Post 8338437)
What's the difference between these 3?
- hydraulic pressured
- mechanical
- gas pressured

I presume mechanical = spring loaded?

The article states that "cheap air-lift chairs are gas pressured".
What does that have to do with the containment of the source of the pressure though?

Gas filtered, but to save more money they add in some pressured air too. A big no no.

twitchyzero 10-13-2013 11:47 PM

my balls feel threatened right now as I'm reading and also sitting in this Staples "executive leather" chair made in China

brb dropping $1K on a Herman Miller

AzNightmare 10-15-2013 12:11 AM

:fulloffuck:
Is this really possible? What causes this? Weak casing?

Maybe I should go back to my folding chair...

jonwon 10-15-2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by registrar (Post 8338372)

im LOLing at ur life

Mr.HappySilp 10-15-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 8338621)
my balls feel threatened right now as I'm reading and also sitting in this Staples "executive leather" chair made in China

brb dropping $1K on a Herman Miller

Just like a chair like this one
http://3rings.designerpages.com/wp-c...furniture.jpeg
I used something like this for over 10years. Never had a problme and they as durable as you can get.