REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-14-2013, 11:49 PM   #26
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
My goal is to get thru as smoothly as possible, and I always do. Except that one time I went to pick up a computer part for work, and said it was for work, so they sent me inside. If you're always having trouble getting thru, then look in the mirror because the problem might be there.
Advertisement
Old 10-15-2013, 01:23 AM   #27
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
So crossed into Canada a few hours ago, I pull up and first thing the border guard says:

Border guard: "did you not see the RED LIGHT?!? <angry and annoyed>"
Me: "what red light??? it was green"
Border guard: "Oh, ok well how long was it green for?!? <annoyed voice>"
Me: "it's been green for the past 10 minutes"
Border guard: "Are you serious? I just gave the driver before you crap for not stopping at the red light, I'm really sorry for my outburst".
Me: "Apology accepted"

He than proceeds to check under his table to see if he could fix his "light" issues, he couldn't and gets back to checking my passport. He asks what I bought, hands over my passport and tells me to go.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:50 AM   #28
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
yup, but people still don't get it, apparently.............
Satire is a big word not everyone understands

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2013, 09:45 AM   #29
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,132 Times in 7,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Why only you?

My friends and I never get such a treatment?
Fuck if I know. Its actually only at the peace arch crossing that I have issues. Point Roberts has never been an issue, nor aldergrove. Unfortunately one of those don't get you anywhere, and the other is quite out of the way for me when it comes to seattle trips.
I'm 28, clean cut, my tattoos aren't visible, and have no criminal record/history of arrests, and you will just have to take my word I am on the polite side of the spectrum, as I was raised by my grandparents and would get my ass whupped if I wasn't. I'd say over 20 crosses across that border I have been sent in every single time. They scratched the shit out of my windows and destroyed the tint on my gti, have left my car in shambles, been rude and obnoxious. Done personal searches on me when nothing has been found in my car. Fuck those assholes.
I remember one specific line that made my head explode.
Border guard. "where are you guys heading today"
Me "mount baker to go snowboarding"
Border guard " You mean you'd LIKE TO GO TO MOUNT BAKER TO SNOWBOARD"
Me "Yes"
Border guard "WHY DONT YOU JUST GO TO WHISTLER"
Me "There was a big storm at Baker. Lots more snow"
Border guard "Park your car to the left and head inside"
Like what the fuck is the point of trying to bait me into saying something that is going to just piss him off like that when its an honest normal answer to his question.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.

Last edited by westopher; 10-15-2013 at 09:51 AM.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2013, 10:19 AM   #30
My homepage has been set to RS

yeh if u tell them stuff u are picking up for work, they will get u to go inside and pay $10 feez.

only problem i had was with canadian border agent, being rude. cause people i was with didn't declare items. Anyhow when i was payin fine etc, i asked the cbsa cashier ,

me" whats the badge number of the agent i was dealing with
cbsa: ill check give me a sec.

next thing i know, her supervisor cames out to talk to me.

cbsa sup.. whats the problem
me. the agent dealing with us is being rude, and very arrogant. considering our taxes pay for your salary, no matter what, she has no need to be rude. I need her badge number to make formal complaint"

cbsa sup> ok, i will talk to her , very sorry ,, blah blah blah
me: talk to her all you want, i would still like her badge number

cbsa sup: ill make sure its added to her file that she is being rude . etc etc.
me" u can go ahead, but i would still like her badge number.

cbsa sup, ok, give me a sec.
gave me badge number. etc.

i have crossed thousands of times after, never had any issues.
tool001 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-15-2013, 12:23 PM   #31
Not a mod

So just to clarify, by your own admission your party didn't fully declare everything that they brought in - likely an attempt to avoid duties and taxes. You guys waste the time of the officer examining you. I can't blame him or her for being irritated and annoyed. And then you threaten her or her supervisor with a complaint.

You're what's wrong with society. "You're taxes might be paying her salary" but its also you and your friend's wasting her time.
Posted via RS Mobile
SoulCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2013, 01:11 PM   #32

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Never really had a problem with the US agents, but the Canadian agents half the time are pricks.

The main thing I hope when I'm pulling up, is that I don't have a female agent, or a rookie. For some reason the females are always in a shitty mood, and the rookie's have a "something to prove" sense of mind.

I always enjoy the senior guys working there, because they've been there so long they are usually in a good mood and can have a nice conversation.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #33
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

-----

Last edited by AAnthony; 11-13-2014 at 10:03 AM.
AAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-15-2013, 02:48 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulCrusher View Post
So just to clarify, by your own admission your party didn't fully declare everything that they brought in - likely an attempt to avoid duties and taxes. You guys waste the time of the officer examining you. I can't blame him or her for being irritated and annoyed. And then you threaten her or her supervisor with a complaint.

You're what's wrong with society. "You're taxes might be paying her salary" but its also you and your friend's wasting her time.
Posted via RS Mobile
guess i should mention that , people who didn't declare , were visitors, as per customs rules, they should not be charged duty regardless, as item will not stay in canada, and they dont need to declare, as item will not be staying in canada. (when u go down to US, they ask any item that "will be staying back or you will be leaving behind"?

apart from that, fine they didn't declare, regardless of that, i dont think being rude is called for.

its not martter for utmost respect ...etc. i can understand somebody being upset, she was quite blunt... and even the sup agreed that was uncalled for, plus and duties/fines were returned by mail.

Last edited by tool001; 10-15-2013 at 03:05 PM.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:25 PM   #35
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
from what you said it sounded like the sup wasn't agreeing with you per se. sounded like he/she was doing their best to protect the agent by not giving out a badge #, probably wanted to have a candid conversation vs putting something on paper that could affect her career prospects.

was she rude before or after realizing things weren't declared? if it was after it might have been her "getting to the bottom of this - serious business" attitude.

my experiences are in line with mello's. heading down is even smoother now that i'm nexus

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:35 PM   #36
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,308 Times in 1,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tool001 View Post
yeh if u tell them stuff u are picking up for work, they will get u to go inside and pay $10 feez.

only problem i had was with canadian border agent, being rude. cause people i was with didn't declare items. Anyhow when i was payin fine etc, i asked the cbsa cashier ,

me" whats the badge number of the agent i was dealing with
cbsa: ill check give me a sec.

next thing i know, her supervisor cames out to talk to me.

cbsa sup.. whats the problem
me. the agent dealing with us is being rude, and very arrogant. considering our taxes pay for your salary, no matter what, she has no need to be rude. I need her badge number to make formal complaint"

cbsa sup> ok, i will talk to her , very sorry ,, blah blah blah
me: talk to her all you want, i would still like her badge number

cbsa sup: ill make sure its added to her file that she is being rude . etc etc.
me" u can go ahead, but i would still like her badge number.

cbsa sup, ok, give me a sec.
gave me badge number. etc.

i have crossed thousands of times after, never had any issues.
Pot calling the kettle black, much?

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2013, 06:05 PM   #37
(ノº _ º)ノ彡┻━┻

years ago i cross with a friend. she was born in hk and she is viet. the border guard straight up said no, that couldn't be possible.

buncha fucking wankers.
jnesss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:22 PM   #38
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO

Quote:
apart from that, fine they didn't declare, regardless of that, i dont think being rude is called for.

its not martter for utmost respect ...etc. i can understand somebody being upset, she was quite blunt... and even the sup agreed that was uncalled for, plus and duties/fines were returned by mail.
I'm going to call bullshit on this one. After fines and duties are paid, there is no way they will refund that.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:05 PM   #39
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco911 View Post
I'm going to call bullshit on this one. After fines and duties are paid, there is no way they will refund that.
Au contraire mon frere....They have procedures in place for people who have been charged wrongfully or people who have refunded the item may be eligible for a refund. These circumstances are outlined in the Customs Act.

The bullshit might be whether or not he actually did it...But there is a system in place and it is available to the public. Most people just don't bother with that non-sense because it's not worth the time and energy.

Last edited by parm104; 10-15-2013 at 08:13 PM.
parm104 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2013, 08:25 PM   #40
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
guess i should mention that , people who didn't declare , were visitors, as per customs rules, they should not be charged duty regardless, as item will not stay in canada, and they dont need to declare, as item will not be staying in canada. (when u go down to US, they ask any item that "will be staying back or you will be leaving behind"?

Seriously, you're a tool. You have to declare everything you're bringing into Canada that you obtained from outside of Canada.

By your logic, your visitors don't have to declare firearms if they're leaving the country with them. You declare what you bought outside and you tell them what will be leaving with them when they leave Canada. You don't get charged duties on those but you still have to declare them.
twdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:39 PM   #41
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnesss View Post
years ago i cross with a friend. she was born in hk and she is viet. the border guard straight up said no, that couldn't be possible.

buncha fucking wankers.
Anjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:15 PM   #42
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
fake?

why would CBC put fake interview? It's on their website

Audio | This is That with Pat Kelly and Peter Oldring | CBC Radio
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-15-2013, 11:20 PM   #43
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,132 Times in 7,145 Posts
Because its a fucking comedy. Not every single minute of talk radio is news.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:15 AM   #44
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
Au contraire mon frere....They have procedures in place for people who have been charged wrongfully or people who have refunded the item may be eligible for a refund. These circumstances are outlined in the Customs Act.

The bullshit might be whether or not he actually did it...But there is a system in place and it is available to the public. Most people just don't bother with that non-sense because it's not worth the time and energy.
Remember, this is not a correction of an error but a refund because tax was paid on goods belonging to a non-resident. They have to first prove that the owners are non-resident and the goods were exported. Since these are personal goods not commercial goods, there isn't a way to verify that the goods have been exported.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:47 AM   #45
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Is_That
so it looks like it is fake... i was wondering when the public apology and someone getting fired would happen... but I guess it isn't going to
Old 10-16-2013, 11:02 AM   #46
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Timpo it was comedy, you are still debating this? it was mentioned on the first page, have you never listened to the actually show?

I will only add this, I go down to the US atleast once a month, often times 2 or 3 times, and I have yet to have any serious problems.

I answer the agents questions without giving them some long winded ass story, I tell them the truth, and if they send me inside so be it, I got inside, if I get assessed duties I pay them.

The problem I see with what some people do (and I have been in the car when someone has done this), is they start to give huge stories about what happened and it makes them seem like they are lying or they are wasting the agents time. Trust me they hear BS all the time, they don't want to hear any more than they have too.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-16-2013, 11:34 AM   #47
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
Never really had a problem with the US agents, but the Canadian agents half the time are pricks.

The main thing I hope when I'm pulling up, is that I don't have a female agent, or a rookie. For some reason the females are always in a shitty mood, and the rookie's have a "something to prove" sense of mind.

I always enjoy the senior guys working there, because they've been there so long they are usually in a good mood and can have a nice conversation.
No problems with US agents, especially at PR, but I noticed Peace Arch seems to have the higher concentration of the asshole guards compared to when I started taking Pacific Highway coming back. I've been hassled a bit more at PA, where at PH they just ask me the usual questions and send me on my way.
CorneringArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:04 PM   #48
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
I guess everyone has their favourite crossing. I love Sumas crossing, because most of the US border gurads know and remember me. Not much turn around on the US side, but damn, the Canadian side is like transient city. No same person ever. It must be like the proving grounds....... or maybe more like the dumping grounds, LOL.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:43 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco911 View Post
Remember, this is not a correction of an error but a refund because tax was paid on goods belonging to a non-resident. They have to first prove that the owners are non-resident and the goods were exported. Since these are personal goods not commercial goods, there isn't a way to verify that the goods have been exported.
all u need to show item were paid using credit card, belonging to persone who is non resident, and proof of departure, (boarding pass or printed ticket) all taxes are refunded - $5 that they keep for processing.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:28 PM   #50
Not a mod

There is a process in place for non residents to reclaim any duties and taxes paid. Officers will complete a form to verify the goods are exported which will help non resident make there claim for a refund.

The "all taxes are refunded minus $5 for processing" sounds more like something you just made up. Provide a source
Posted via RS Mobile
SoulCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote