REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 10-15-2013, 03:12 PM   #1
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Notebook Cooler

Need a notebook cooler for my 13.3" LG Z350 ultrabook.

I play DOTA on it and it hits almost 80 sometimes on load. I think the reason for that is because there's only one fan (or at least from what I can see) and it's pretty small.

Which one do you guys have? I'm looking at NCIX and I can't seem to find one that would fit flush for a 13.3" since they all seem to accommodate various sizes.

There is a fan located on the left side of the laptop where the ASD keys would be. I believe that's the intake fan and the exhaust fan is just to the left of it on the bezel. So I guess the cooler would have to have a fan positioned there.

Thanks.
Advertisement
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:30 PM   #2
HELP ME PLS!!!

How long have you had the computer?

I had a laptop that would run hot after 3 years. I took it apart and I peeled off this layer of dust from the heat sink.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:02 PM   #3
Say! Say! Say!

It's less than a year old. I think it's just the design of the laptop. It's slightly smaller and lighter than the MacBook Air.

I'll probably open it up to take a look, but I think a laptop cooler would still be a great addition.
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:30 AM   #4
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,384 Times in 3,466 Posts
What type of surface do you have it on when playing DOA? Sometimes just raising it a bit helps.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:38 AM   #5
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Cooler Master R9-NBC-8PBK-GP Notepal U2 Slim Light Weight Notebook Cooler Dual 80mm Fan USB Black

very cheap and you can change where you want the fans to be.
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:00 PM   #6
Say! Say! Say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
What type of surface do you have it on when playing DOA? Sometimes just raising it a bit helps.
I have it on a wooden desk propped up by two textbooks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon604 View Post
Zalman ZM-NC1000 Notebook Cooler Silver Aluminum Dual Fan 1100-1500RPM

I bought a Zalman ZM-NC1000

It's an older product, which I believe is to be discontinued or already is, but it fits a 13.3" laptop perfectly. The newer ones are made for 15.6" - 17.1" and I wanted something that fit snug

It dropped my load temps about 15 degrees to a very manageable 60-65, so I would highly recommend this