REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-18-2013, 03:06 AM   #1
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Is it possible to license a US car that has no paper, but that is in Canada?

1991 Miata for parts; a/c, 85,000 miles, excellent parts or race car

No US, no Canadian insurance paper & I bet no import paper. Is it still possible to license this car?

Quote:
Selling a 1990 or 91, American version silver Miata, with a/c and low miles (85,000 miles) Runs and drives great! Of course, motor and trans very good, interior is very good, soft top with glass rear window is excellent- (NO hardtop) , complete car for parts, or to turn into a track car only. NO PAPERS- the car was bought at the Bby Police Auction, and it is still a US reg car as far as I can tell... Please dont ask about papers, expect papers, or ask about them. I have no idea. Car sold AS IS, FOR PARTS or race car, with no papers, $1250 firm , thank you
Advertisement
2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS(SOLD)
1994 Mazda Miata R(SOLD)
2000 Dodge Dakota 4.7(SOLD)
2015 Toyota Prius V
1980 Crossle 45F Forumla Ford
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 V8
Derek128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:05 AM   #2
I'm invisible

Whether you are looking to buy a license plate or buying a permit to move it home, you have to have ownership documents.

To get a license plate: you must first register your car first in BC, which means you need to have proper documentation such as a title/bill of sale/border document ( form 1 with 2 stamps & have some type of tax form) and passed provincial inspection. The vehicle status cannot be flood or dismantle status.

To buy a permit: you must have to have owner documents before Icbc sells you one. I believe the permit is also restricted to where you can operate it. You might want to check with an auto plan agent.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:37 AM   #3
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
I think he wants to insure it for normal daily driving..

The ad even says FOR PARTS ONLY OR A TRACK CAR neither of those are street legal, meaning you have to trailer it everywhere.

Spoiler!
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:50 PM   #4
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

OMG stolen stuff posted on Craigslist? No way.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:12 PM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS

So the only way I can see this working is if you buy the car, bring it BACK to the USA and put it into storage. Then locate the original owner, do a title/lien search and get it signed over to you. Once that is done, import the car into Canada (legally, it's VERY easy to do) and you are set.

To bring it over the border, you would need to have the bill of sale from the BBY Police to that owner, and then a bill of sale to you. Bring it over on a trailer and store it a a Public Storage location in Bellingham ($1 pays your first month). I would also contact the US border and tell them what you are doing. They have nothing against it so long as they are in the loop and nothing looks "fishy."

However, keep in mind. If you find the original owner and he says it was stolen etc. and won't sign it over to you then you're out of luck.

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:52 PM   #6
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
in this day and age, how is it impossible to search of the VIN to find the current owner of the vehicle?

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote