REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:01 PM   #26
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
Video 1:

The Zionist Story. - YouTube

Video 2:

Talk to Al Jazeera - Rabbi Dovid Weiss: Zionism has created 'rivers of blood' - YouTube

In issues as convoluted as this, there becomes multiple sides to them. The question is which one do you want to believe?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
Its Zionist propaganda to think Israhelli's are tied by blood to Jerusalem.

Jewish Genome Myth
Jewish Genome Myth by Jim Dean with Heretic Productions - YouTube

These Anglo whites are used by the NWO for a strategic military purpose and not for uniting peoples of a Judaic religion which come from, presently and historically, different parts of Europe.
someone mentions the word zionist before CiC
mind = blown
Advertisement

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-22-2013, 02:37 PM   #27
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Your data and research has led me to change my position and agree with you that that airport screening has helped mitigate terrorism in Israel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belka View Post
Arab terrorism and immigration are completely different topics. You missed the point. In any case, if Israel wants to keep certain people from becoming citizens they have every right to do so.
Well...the point of the video posted in the original post is that the "racists" in the film do not want ANY immigration of communities that are foreign to Israel. Not wanting terrorists in your country and not wanting people different from you are two different things and the latter is what is being proposed in the video. That is why me and few others here think it's absurd to behave that way in this day and age. Of course no one wants terrorists in their country.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:28 PM   #28
Need to Seek Professional Help

Last edited by m!chael; 11-05-2018 at 09:23 PM. Reason: .
m!chael is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-22-2013, 05:11 PM   #29
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m!chael View Post
You're full of shit and you know it. My mother is a Christian Israeli and she has full rights at all times. If anything, i'm considered a Christian in Israel and I never had a problem of any sort. Furthermore, the Christian Arab community in Israel is thriving compared to their brethren in other Arab countries. From the Wikipedia page (Arab Christians - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia):
- "this is one of the biggest Arab Christian communities in the world. It is also the only Arab Christian community in the Middle East, which experiences a net population growth."
- Christian Arabs are considered to be the most educated community in Israel and they have attained more bachelor's degrees and academic degrees than Jewish, Muslims and Druze per capita.
- Christian Arabs also have the highest rates of success in the matriculation examinations, both in comparison to the Muslims and the Druze and in comparison to all students in the Jewish education system.

In regards to the movie, I'm not even going to watch it. I know exactly what it's going to show; right-winged and xenophobic idiots. I hate them here, I hate them in the States, and I hate them in Israel.
The difference is in the US and Canada they are small radical groups that don't have any serious power. What disturb me about the video is the pm and senior govt officials are supporting this pure Jewish state. The equivalent in the US would be the kkk holding half the seats in the senate. Que in Canada scares me right now......
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-22-2013, 10:40 PM   #30
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Deny them asylum if you want. I got no issue with that but wow, do they have to be such dicks about it?
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:02 PM   #31
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

they learned racism from the best.... /jk

z3guy is right though, its scary that even the people in power support the same notions as what we consider extremist ideals
Anjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:40 AM   #32
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

For some reason this convo reminds me of World War Z. You know that big giant wall they built? How come nobody thought of putting a watchman up there? or a camera?

7seven: I really can't stand all these idiots who hit the gym now just because they watched 300 and want to be like a spartan. Case in point, this skinny guy comes into the gym the other day, must have only weighed ~ 140lbs, loads on 2 plates on the bench rack, mutters to himself, for sparta, unracks the barbell and proceeds to drop it directly on his chest.
Valour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:45 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valour View Post
For some reason this convo reminds me of World War Z. You know that big giant wall they built? How come nobody thought of putting a watchman up there? or a camera?
it's a movie?
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-23-2013, 07:23 AM   #34
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:51 AM   #35
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,623 Times in 577 Posts
^where is that from?
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:43 AM   #36
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
I don't recognize the station but I think its Millennium line
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:21 AM   #37
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Harper, like Mulroney is very tight with the Israeli lobby in Canada so I guess I shouldn't be surprised in seeing that poster....but I still am
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:29 AM   #38

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Looks like.. Broadway station on the Millennium line.. (Because of the living wall on the left side.)
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:42 AM   #39
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
for some reason it looks photoshopped to me

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:22 PM   #40
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Harper, like Mulroney is very tight with the Israeli lobby in Canada so I guess I shouldn't be surprised in seeing that poster....but I still am
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
for some reason it looks photoshopped to me
It's an actual ad, however, it has nothing to do with Harper or an official Government ad, its paid for a by a private non-profit to counter the Palestine Awareness ads also up at local transit hubs.

Quote:
Pro-Israel SkyTrain Ads Respond To 'Disappearing Palestine' Campaign
The Huffington Post B.C. | Posted: 10/11/2013 8:20 pm EDT | Updated: 10/11/2013 8:20 pm EDT

Following a controversial ad campaign run by the Palestine Awareness Coalition on Vancouver's transit system earlier this year, the pro-Israeli group Stand With Us (SWU) has announced its plan to counter "misinformation" with its own campaign.

According to a news release posted to its website, Stand With Us will display two different posters in 10 SkyTrain stations and on city buses for a month beginning Oct. 14.

"One [poster] depicts Jewish loss of land from Biblical times to the present by juxtaposing a map of the ancient Jewish kingdom circa 1000 BCE, a map of the land designated as the Jewish homeland by the League of Nations in 1920, and a map of the much smaller Israel of today, " the release states.

Children stand in front of the Canadian and Israeli flags in the second ad in order to illustrate, "the shared values and freedom both countries enjoy".

The "Disappearing Palestine" poster showed the territory of Palestine shrinking into the state of Israel, something the SWU claims distorts the facts.

"In reality, it is the Jewish state that has steadily gotten smaller," states Roz Rothstein, CEO of Stand With Us. "It reached its largest extent during the reigns of Kings David and Solomon when it stretched into Syria, Lebanon, and Jordan. But over the decades, Israel shrank to its present size and is only 9 miles wide at its narrowest point and 290 miles long."

In August, when the "Disappearing Palestine" ads were about to launch, Marty Roth, a Jewish Canadian, and a member of the Palestine Awareness Campaign, told canada.com the campaign would be “controversial with a number of traditional Jewish organizations that have tried to suppress the ads. But TransLink has refused to agree with them, because these are educational ads that are well within national advertising guidelines and the Canadian Charter.”

TransLink said that the August campaign complied with Canadian advertising standards and did not violate any human rights, and that it does not endorse nor advocate any positions put forward by outside advertisers.
Pro-Israel SkyTrain Ads Respond To 'Disappearing Palestine' Campaign
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-25-2013, 03:04 AM   #41
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by belka View Post
I love Israel's immigration policies, they don't fuck around. Period. If you are getting on a flight to Israel and look 10% Arab they pull you to the back room and question you thoroughly. Racial profiling is one of the key reasons why they haven't had a terrorist attack inside of Israel in a long time. It may be wrong but it works. Don't like it, don't go there. I support Israel's actions if it means the continuation of the only first-world technologically advanced democracy in the middle east.
You must be joking. Anyone with an open mind can see that Israel is a police state first and a democracy when it's convenient.

And when you write that Israel is "the only first-world technologically advanced democracy in the middle east" I didn't know whether I should laugh or cry. What exactly is Israel technologically advanced at? What economic comparative advantage does Israel have? What items have you ever seen on store shelves that was made in Israel (besides apples)? The only thing that sticks out in my mind is is her ability to manufacture weapons of death. Israel's military industrial complex is no doubt one of the most formidable on the planet (especially terrifying when one takes into account the relatively small size of Israel). If that's something that you think a country should be proud of then we can agree to disagree.

Finally and most importantly, without the financial, military and political backing of the United States, the state of Israel would be peanuts compared to what it is presently. And as Pax Americana continues its long-term decline (economically, politically, culturally), its ability to back Israel will wither. And without US backing, Israel will be violently swallowed up by her neighbours because she has made enemies with everyone in the Middle East (with ample support from people like you and the people in the vid).

Last edited by FARMER; 10-25-2013 at 04:34 AM.
FARMER is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-25-2013, 04:44 AM   #42
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
oOOOOH.

fREE Tranlink money.

We've solved our translink problems!
Old 10-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #43
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by FARMER View Post
You must be joking. Anyone with an open mind can see that Israel is a police state first and a democracy when it's convenient.

And when you write that Israel is "the only first-world technologically advanced democracy in the middle east" I didn't know whether I should laugh or cry. What exactly is Israel technologically advanced at? What economic comparative advantage does Israel have? What items have you ever seen on store shelves that was made in Israel (besides apples)? The only thing that sticks out in my mind is is her ability to manufacture weapons of death. Israel's military industrial complex is no doubt one of the most formidable on the planet (especially terrifying when one takes into account the relatively small size of Israel). If that's something that you think a country should be proud of then we can agree to disagree.

Finally and most importantly, without the financial, military and political backing of the United States, the state of Israel would be peanuts compared to what it is presently. And as Pax Americana continues its long-term decline (economically, politically, culturally), its ability to back Israel will wither. And without US backing, Israel will be violently swallowed up by her neighbours because she has made enemies with everyone in the Middle East (with ample support from people like you and the people in the vid).
Weapons of death as opposed to weapons of life? But anyways, Israel is one of the major centers in the world for technological development (of which weapon development is only a small part of - but yes, a part of nonetheless). You don't necessarily have to agree with Israeli policies regarding the conflict or immigration, but to deny that just makes you look foolish. Oh, and you would be surprised how much technology and software you use on a daily basis that has its origins in Israel (just off the top of my head, Facebook uses Israeli developed face recognition software).

Last edited by m!chael; 10-25-2013 at 03:08 PM. Reason: added the facebook thing
m!chael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #44
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
Remember those "Magic Eye" puzzles way back when?

If you look hard enough, and maybe twitch your left eye more than your right, you'll see the American flag. Hint: Take a few steps back and you'll see the two merge together. The most obvious of which is the blast of red, white and blue.

That or the ad is trying to promote what I think are Asian Twinks and Diesel Dyke Lesbians. Then again, some say it's art. I'm sure it's open to interpretation, right? I try to keep an open mind.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:09 PM   #45
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,560 Times in 1,710 Posts
I'm sure someone said this earlier, but I find it so ironic that after the ordeals the Jews had to go through during World War 2, you would think they would be a more compassionate nation, yet they are not. Let's be real here, Israel was and still is a Western Financed welfare state, there would not have the power and strength without American financial and military support. I don't understand why we have to be constantly reminded about the Holocaust through movies, and television and other media, to feel sympathetic of the Jewish situation during those times, and yet the Israeli's today are running a bit of a holocaust themselves in the Middle East? As a nation I have always wished that Israel would be more reflective of themselves and their history as a persecuted people, and treat those who are and have been persecuted with the same compassion awarded to them by the Western world. But I suppose that's just human nature isn't it?
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-26-2013, 06:12 PM   #46
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by FARMER View Post
Do you even know what a police state is? I've been to and lived in Israel and it's far from a police state. Israel's neighbours are police states.

Quote:
What exactly is Israel technologically advanced at? What economic comparative advantage does Israel have? What items have you ever seen on store shelves that was made in Israel (besides apples)? The only thing that sticks out in my mind is is her ability to manufacture weapons of death. Israel's military industrial complex is no doubt one of the most formidable on the planet (especially terrifying when one takes into account the relatively small size of Israel). If that's something that you think a country should be proud of then we can agree to disagree.
Stop your whining. Israel Hayom | IMF: Israel's economy to outpace all other Western economies

IMF: Israel's economy to outpace all other Western economies

Quote:
Israel doesn't need US support to absolutely decimate it's neighbours, mostly have-not dictator states that run on oil as their prime source of income. Once the oil runs out so will the cash because no one really gives a fuck about the middle-east besides that. Lastly, no one is going to swallow up Israel because they know how to fight in a modern military battles, her enemies don't. Israel is the only real first-world modern nation in the middle east and until her neighbors decide to un-fuck themselves, it will be for a long while.
belka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 06:28 PM   #47
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Israel runs the Diamond industry and Tourism is also a big part of their economy also in the past several years their tech industry has been booming

Yes they've heavily depended on the US and still depend on them but I think they realize more than anyone that the US is tanking and so their own industries have been getting heavy investment
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote