REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-04-2013, 09:51 AM   #76
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,793 Times in 1,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac25 View Post
I hope it's smaller and lighter then the current few generations. If you look back at the old 65 fast backs they're pretty small and without all the tech, pretty light.
My '68 tipped the Mission Raceway scales at 2950lbs.

That's with all the extra body bracing I've put into it (cross braces, subframe connectors, bigger swaybars etc)

Late models are porkers.
Advertisement
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:02 AM   #77
RS Licensed Vendor

Not bad at all.....
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com
Cman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:54 PM   #78
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

More pics!
Old 12-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #79
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
Front looks great but as soon as you pass the doors

Not sure what happened :S
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:20 PM   #80
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman View Post
Front looks great but as soon as you pass the doors

Not sure what happened :S
Well, if I had to guess, the designers spent 7 hours working on the front, spent an hour on the rear and went to the pub.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #81
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
When I think modern Mustang, I think this, style and function in one tidy package.

(Equus Bass 770)

Yes, that is a car you can buy for 250,000, but the principle should be the same for Ford on a cheaper scale. Notice how they adhered to new bumper regs without making it look like a pile of turds.

This thing (leaked photos)... is not a Mustang.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2013, 04:21 PM   #82
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
^ that idea is nothing new, other companies are doing it too.

Turning retro-styled mustang into even more retro.
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:24 PM   #83

Here's the body kit built by Retrobuilt

This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2013, 04:25 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodamaster View Post
When I think modern Mustang, I think this, style and function in one tidy package.

(Equus Bass 770)

Yes, that is a car you can buy for 250,000, but the principle should be the same for Ford on a cheaper scale. Notice how they adhered to new bumper regs without making it look like a pile of turds.

This thing (leaked photos)... is not a Mustang.
just noticed that $250,000 price tag.

What a fucking rip off.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:49 AM   #85
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:20 AM   #86
Witness protection

"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
Old 12-05-2013, 07:21 AM   #87
Witness protection

Old 12-05-2013, 07:31 AM   #88
Witness protection

Old 12-05-2013, 08:05 AM   #89
Witness protection

Old 12-05-2013, 08:06 AM   #90
Witness protection

Old 12-05-2013, 08:07 AM   #91
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
It's starting to grow on me. I know the design is just a natural progression from the previous gen but it's starting to take on a slightly JDM-inspired look. At least that's how I see it, and I'd like to stress that it's not a bad thing. The centre stack inside looks a little busy too. As a whole, though, I approve. I kinda wish they had shown a few more shots of the convertible. While I'm a fan of coupes over drop tops, the latter actually looks halfway decent.

Anyway, cant wait to see one of these hit the showroom floor.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:21 AM   #92
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
It's starting to grow on me. I know the design is just a natural progression from the previous gen but it's starting to take on a slightly JDM-inspired look. At least that's how I see it, and I'd like to stress that it's not a bad thing. The centre stack inside looks a little busy too. As a hole, though, I approve. I kinda wish they had shown a few more shots of the convertible. While I'm a fan of coupes over drop tops, the latter actually looks halfway decent.

i didn't think they could make the nose any more blunt than the now last-gen model. euro pedestrian crash standards have heavily influenced it... but i guess people bouncing off the hood overseas will be thankful for that?

i'm on the fence with the dashboard. i keep thinking it borrowed from a ford F-series pickup.

they've really stretched out the rear glass, which much more of a curve to the bottom and taking more out of the trunklid.

dat GT!... brakes.... huge!
Old 12-05-2013, 08:31 AM   #93
Witness protection

Old 12-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #94
Witness protection

Old 12-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #95
Witness protection

Old 12-05-2013, 08:33 AM   #96
Witness protection

Old 12-05-2013, 09:18 AM   #97
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
The silver one in the introduction video looks sick!!!
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:21 AM   #98
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
definitely has more of a fastback look to it than a coupe look. gotta see one in person to really see how it flows. the front looks fantastic tho
Old 12-05-2013, 09:23 AM   #99
Witness protection

Old 12-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #100
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
It's starting to grow on me. I know the design is just a natural progression from the previous gen but it's starting to take on a slightly JDM-inspired look. At least that's how I see it, and I'd like to stress that it's not a bad thing. The centre stack inside looks a little busy too. As a whole, though, I approve. I kinda wish they had shown a few more shots of the convertible. While I'm a fan of coupes over drop tops, the latter actually looks halfway decent.

convertible....

Last edited by thumper; 12-05-2013 at 11:42 AM.