REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Good Sichuan Restaurant? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/689614-good-sichuan-restaurant.html)

willystyle 10-27-2013 10:53 PM

Good Sichuan Restaurant?

Looking for a good authentic Sichuan restaurant in Vancouver/Bby/Richmond.

Chongqing doesn't count, and nor does Kalvin's Szechuan (too damn busy).

Klondike 10-28-2013 08:00 PM

Garlic & Chili in Burnaby - cheap lunch specials. I usually get the spicy chicken or ginger beef. It's my go-to Szechuan place. Lots of parking.

Private Home is close to Metrotown. Everything is great, but order from the lunch special on weekdays because it can get a bit pricey. No parking in the back, but there's always a space across the street or a block away.

Szechuan Chili in Vancouver is also decent. It's like Garlic & Chili but not as spectacular. If you're in the neighborhood it's a safe place to eat but parking is a hassle.

jing 10-28-2013 08:06 PM

New Szechuan in Burquitlam

willystyle 10-29-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TFiPW (Post 8348964)
Garlic & Chili in Burnaby - cheap lunch specials. I usually get the spicy chicken or ginger beef. It's my go-to Szechuan place. Lots of parking.

Private Home is close to Metrotown. Everything is great, but order from the lunch special on weekdays because it can get a bit pricey. No parking in the back, but there's always a space across the street or a block away.

Szechuan Chili in Vancouver is also decent. It's like Garlic & Chili but not as spectacular. If you're in the neighborhood it's a safe place to eat but parking is a hassle.

I don't think any of the restaurants you've listed is authentic Sichuan cuisine. 2 of the 3 restaurants serves westernized Sichuan cuisine and has Cantonese dishes on the menu.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jing (Post 8348996)
New Szechuan in Burquitlam

Too far.

Culverin 10-29-2013 09:39 PM

The chili wontons at Garlic and Chili are good.
But not as spicy as before.
Too bad.

joquio 10-29-2013 09:40 PM

Alvin Garden?
If you like spicy food this place is pretty good. Great selection for lunch specials and it's huge, comes with soup and pretty cheap.
A la cart dishes are pretty good too but are a little pricey as the portions are smaller than other places.

There is also Szechuan House Restaurant close by. Don't think they have lunch specials. It's not bad either but I like Alvin Garden over this one.

Spoon 10-31-2013 12:02 AM

I don't really eat Szechuan food that often, but I believe this place is authentic. Food was great, I just couldn't handle the heat from this place even though I asked for the mildest spiciness.
Northern Chinese Cuisine ????? - Central Richmond - Richmond | Urbanspoon

This is another place I went to.
Golden Szechuan Restaurant - Central Richmond - Richmond | Urbanspoon
Rating's pretty poor, but I liked their food. And I have to agree with some of the reviews. Their service is pretty lacking. :joy:

fishCak3s 11-07-2013 09:55 AM

Szechuan House is good and I go to Highgate Chinese Restaurant ???? - South Burnaby - Burnaby | Urbanspoon because it's within walking distance to where I live