REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 10-30-2013, 12:13 PM   #26
I am grateful grapefruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarv View Post
I park in a 1 hour limit space infront of my work I have parked there all day every day for the past 3 months and only saw the officer walk by once and so I moved my car before he came back. So far no ticket fingers crossed. But one day I parked on Broadway near alma for an hour and a fifteen minutes and came back to see that I got a ticket Those guys work in mysterious ways.
Depends on where you work, I guess.

Apparently - some areas have a lot more bylaw officers working - others might just have one person come by once a day. Kerrisdale only has people come by once a day - while around the Broadway/Cambie area - I saw a lady handing out tickets at 9pm on a stat holiday.
Advertisement
Old 10-30-2013, 12:20 PM   #27
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gars View Post
Depends on where you work, I guess.

Apparently - some areas have a lot more bylaw officers working - others might just have one person come by once a day. Kerrisdale only has people come by once a day - while around the Broadway/Cambie area - I saw a lady handing out tickets at 9pm on a stat holiday.
A lot of this depends on the time of day and like you said, location.
Downtown is gonna have more parked cars so expect to see more parking enforcement.
Around 3 pm, expect to see more enforcement officers around busy streets that have no parking between 3 pm and 6 pm.
Same thing for tow trucks.
I was near GM place on Tuesday and saw a bunch of speeding tow trucks. Looked down at the clock and saw it was 5:55 and no parking for the Canucks game starts at 6 pm.

Also, some officers walk, while so drive around. Those that walk are going to be on busier beats while the driving ones will probably have more area to cover and might be around less so expect those officers to less likely chalk/pebble your tires.

Don't forget, enforcement officers eat lunch and take breaks too so expect to see less of them walking around at lunch time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:04 PM   #28
I am grateful grapefruit

apparently - I read that all the bylaw officers flock to the main arteries - the ones where there is limited parking between 3-6 - when it's rush hour. So if you're somewhere else that doesn't have rush hour limitations - chances are you have a far smaller chance of getting ticketed if you forget to pay for your meter or you're over the time limit.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:57 PM   #29
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,802 Times in 3,898 Posts
unrelated but once I was parked in CoV 2 hour spot with 1/3 of my car sticking into the Resiental Permit only sign

i got ticketed...should've asked if I could get a 33% discount
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:04 PM   #30
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

At the place I work in Richmond, they chalk the tires. However, there are cameras and a lot of people get caught and ticketed the moment they leave the parking lot (walk across the street). I've had a lot of customers come in and complain to us about the ticket, even though we have no control over DPS.

I remember in Surrey Central city mall I saw a lot attendant drive around a prius that had external scanners which scan all the cars just by driving slowly in the lanes. It was pretty cool, I saw pictures of everyones plates on his laptop when I peered through his car window.
jaylx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:51 AM   #31
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylx View Post
At the place I work in Richmond, they chalk the tires. However, there are cameras and a lot of people get caught and ticketed the moment they leave the parking lot (walk across the street). I've had a lot of customers come in and complain to us about the ticket, even though we have no control over DPS.
Happened to me in another DPS lot. I went to a restaurant that was cash only, so I parked the car, walked across to the bank to get cash and came back to go to the restaurant.

Got a ticket and went back to the restaurant and they gave me a receipt. The receipt showed what time I placed the order and what time I paid. The DPS guy I guess was lazy and took his time giving me the ticket. The time of the infraction he listed was right in the middle of the time my receipt said I was in the restaurant. I emailed DPS and they cancelled the ticket.

The restaurant waitress said it happens alot and just to make sure I go into the restaurant for a little bit and then come back out to go to the bank.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote