REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-18-2013, 01:45 AM   #201
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy View Post
You don't believe that, naturally, this must be the case?

I don't need a law to tell me that someone in a position of power, someone who was elected to look after our interests, someone who has a zero tolerance for drugs, gangs and guns should not be allowed to smoke crack and, if he does, get away with it.
And that's the crux of the argument Lomac and Soundy is making isn't it? He does a damn fine job looking after everyone's interest. So what if he sucks looking out for his own interest?
Advertisement
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 03:08 AM   #202
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
And that's the crux of the argument Lomac and Soundy is making isn't it? He does a damn fine job looking after everyone's interest. So what if he sucks looking out for his own interest?
Is he doing a good job? Deconstructing Mayor Rob Ford's fiscal record | Toronto Star

And Rob Ford on Fox news: Rob Ford tells Fox he wants to be prime minister | Toronto Star
Old 11-18-2013, 07:40 AM   #203
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
There is a democratic process that gets him in and if the next mayor fails to do a good job, he won't get re-elected, simple.
He was on a T.O. radio station yesterday calling out City Council's actions and challenging them to call an immediate election.

Personally, I think they should - everyone would find out really quick where THE CITIZENS of Toronto stand on the subject... and dollars to donuts, you'd see the highest voter turnout in Canadian history.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:49 AM   #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
I can teach them how to use Google.
Obviously, none of which are legal PROOF, or he would already be in cuffs. Doug Ford has already claimed that the police chief has a personal vendetta against his brother; if that was the case, don't you think he'd jump at ANY excuse to lock the guy up?

But media bluster is not proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
In a business, if the same question gets asked, an under-performing CEO would never get replaced. What is the next guy is worse?
Ah, bad analogy, because the argument is that he's NOT under-performing in his public duties (yes, some disagree with this), DESPITE his personal foibles.

I guarantee you, in business, if that CEO is still brining in the bucks and keeping the shareholders happy, there's a good chance any personal indiscretions will be conveniently overlooked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy View Post
You don't believe that, naturally, this must be the case?

I don't need a law to tell me that someone in a position of power, someone who was elected to look after our interests, someone who has a zero tolerance for drugs, gangs and guns should not be allowed to smoke crack and, if he does, get away with it.
As I posted way back on page 3:

Quote:
It is time to elect a new world leader, and only your vote counts. Here are the facts about the three leading candidates.

Candidate A - Associates with crooked politicians, and consults with astrologists. He's had two Mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10 martinis a day.

Candidate B - He was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium in college and drinks a quart of whiskey every evening.

Candidate C - He is a decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian, doesn't smoke, drinks an occasional beer and never cheated on his wife.

Which of these candidates would be your choice? Decide first, no peeking, then scroll down for the answer.

Spoiler!
Clean living does not guarantee a good leader.
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 11-18-2013, 08:11 AM   #205
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Rob Ford is a personal hero of mine. A lot of highly intelligent people function very well while recreationally consuming liquor and drugs. Sure, it does destroy some people, but so does McDonald's
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:34 AM   #206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Obviously, none of which are legal PROOF, or he would already be in cuffs. Doug Ford has already claimed that the police chief has a personal vendetta against his brother; if that was the case, don't you think he'd jump at ANY excuse to lock the guy up?

But media bluster is not proof.
Rob Fob Ford admitting to doing crack multiple times including his interview on AC 360 tonight is proof. You think he is a lair?
Old 11-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #207
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
Live airing of the proceedings of Toronto City Council is some popcorn worthy stuff.
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #208
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts

and if you watch this gif backwards..its like.. Helpful Rob Ford

Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-18-2013, 12:54 PM   #209
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,289 Times in 2,507 Posts

Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-18-2013, 01:08 PM   #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
. A lot of highly intelligent people function very well while recreationally consuming liquor and drugs.
Like who?
Old 11-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #211
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Like who?
Not this guy:

Billionaire David Ho admits to confining prostitute, drug possession | National Post
Old 11-18-2013, 02:43 PM   #212
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Like who?
ever...you know, read a book? or watched a movie? or listened to a song? or used a scientific theory?

chances are, some if not all of the people who worked on it were under the influence of one, of not several drugs

if you think that you can divorce human existence from mind altering substances, you have a very little understanding of human history or human consciousness as a whole
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vicious View Post
ever...you know, read a book? or watched a movie? or listened to a song? or used a scientific theory?

chances are, some if not all of the people who worked on it were under the influence of one, of not several drugs

if you think that you can divorce human existence from mind altering substances, you have a very little understanding of human history or human consciousness as a whole
Listen to the person posting this, he knows whereof he speaks!

Quote:
Old 11-18-2013, 05:38 PM   #214

Quote:
Rob Fob Ford admitting to doing crack multiple times including his interview on AC 360 tonight is proof. You think he is a lair?
As previously noted, simply USING crack is not necessarily a crime. Someone else brings the pipe, loads it, lights it, and you simply take a drag... that's not really an offence under the law.

Question: if this can be considered proof of a crime, then why has he not been arrested? Conviction of a crime is the one thing that would allow him to be removed from office, so why hasn't it happened, if there's all this legally-binding proof floating about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
A lot of highly intelligent people function very well while recreationally consuming liquor and drugs.
Quote:
Like who?
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 11-18-2013, 05:56 PM   #215
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Taiwan Apple Animated version of his pussy eating. Not sure if posted yet.
achiam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-18-2013, 11:12 PM   #216

Quote:
As previously noted, simply USING crack is not necessarily a crime. Someone else brings the pipe, loads it, lights it, and you simply take a drag... that's not really an offence under the law.

Question: if this can be considered proof of a crime, then why has he not been arrested? Conviction of a crime is the one thing that would allow him to be removed from office, so why hasn't it happened, if there's all this legally-binding proof floating about?

“Have you purchased illegal drugs in the last two years?” asked Coun. Minnan-Wong.

After a long pause, Ford replied, “Yes, I have.”

Rob Ford admits to buying drugs while mayor (with video)
Old 11-19-2013, 01:24 AM   #217

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
“Have you purchased illegal drugs in the last two years?” asked Coun. Minnan-Wong.

Ahhh well yea but it's like not illegal to like admit you've bought drugs after the fact. Besides he didn't even have an attorney present when he was questioned by the city council so like it doesn't even count.

Quote:

The idea that Mayor Ford admitted to the use of an illegal substance without first speaking to his legal counsel would be absurd.

Just because it cannot be legally proven doesn't mean the crime wasn't committed. You can't really be convicted of possession of a drug after the fact...This hinders the ability of law enforcement to produce a certificate of analysis to provide proof of the controlled substance.

Had he been caught in the act, I see that it would be very likely that he would be charged with possession.

Regardless, this argument is circular. Yes, we get it...some of you think it's okay to use drugs for your own personal and recreational needs and others feel that it's not...the City of Toronto will deal with their own problem but until they do, this will continue to be an international stain on our rather clean image.

Last edited by parm104; 11-19-2013 at 03:19 AM.
parm104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:25 AM   #218

Quote:
...this will continue to be an international stain on our rather clean image.
Why? Other than comedians and sensationalistic news outlets, why does everyone seem to think the rest of the world even gives a fuck?
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 11-19-2013, 06:52 AM   #219

^ +1

im tired of this blah blah blah, "our" reputation or stain on "our" image GTFO its rob fords reputation + image

this is blown way outta proportion because its media fodder, itd be different if he was embezzling a shitload of money or beating up kids or whatever
This post thanked by:
Old 11-19-2013, 08:01 AM   #220

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Why? Other than comedians and sensationalistic news outlets, why does everyone seem to think the rest of the world even gives a fuck?
Because I live in a different country and it has come up non-stop over the last week. It's enviable for people to pick up on any sign of weakness. It's the same as we do when we say "...cause America."

Whether it's justified or not, whether you think it matters or not...the fact is, at least one other country has taken this issue by the horns and ran with it. It's completely naive to think only Rob Ford's image or Toronto's image is being affected here just as ignorant as it is for people outside of Canada to pin it as an accurate representation of Canadian politics...

Last edited by parm104; 11-19-2013 at 08:07 AM.
parm104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:28 AM   #221
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

-----

Last edited by AAnthony; 11-13-2014 at 10:36 AM.
AAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-19-2013, 08:40 AM   #222
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vicious View Post
^ +1

im tired of this blah blah blah, "our" reputation or stain on "our" image GTFO its rob fords reputation + image

this is blown way outta proportion because its media fodder, itd be different if he was embezzling a shitload of money or beating up kids or whatever

Another is the stigma against drugs. People are always looking for a reason to demonize unpopular things like recreational drug use, promiscuity, driving fast, pretty much anything fun.

People need a bad guy to point at and go "Don't be like him, he's bad!"
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-19-2013, 08:42 AM   #223

Quote:
Because I live in a different country and it has come up non-stop over the last week. It's enviable for people to pick up on any sign of weakness. It's the same as we do when we say "...cause America."

Whether it's justified or not, whether you think it matters or not...the fact is, at least one other country has taken this issue by the horns and ran with it. It's completely naive to think only Rob Ford's image or Toronto's image is being affected here just as ignorant as it is for people outside of Canada to pin it as an accurate representation of Canadian politics...
Oh fuck, why stop there then? Think of the horrible blight this is on humanity's image! The fucking dolphins must be laughing their bags off at all of us humans "because Rob Ford". So long, and thanks for all the fish.

And how about the bad image this gives Planet Earth? I imagine it being just like the movie Contact, except instead of the Hitler video, the aliens from Vega send back the clip of Ford's (allegedly) crack-fueled wrestling moves, along with plans to build a bomb and blow ourselves all up because obviously, we can't have this kind of stupidity spreading throughout the galaxy. EVER.

Heaven forbid someone in an alternate universe decides that tourism to our space/time continuum is probably not a good idea because, well, Rob Ford... which is all the more reason for Vega to blow us up, because they rely heavily on cross-dimensional tourism.
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 11-19-2013, 08:50 AM   #224

Quote:

Then why hasn't he been arrested and charged?
Quote:
Old 11-19-2013, 09:49 AM   #225

Quote:

lol who fucking cares

im proud as fuck of canada and our government. we have a reasonable, moderate government that takes a pragmatic,academic view of most issues and its reflected in our society and culture. one crack smoker ain't gonna change that.

on the other hand, you have a government that constantly wages pointless wars, spys on its own citizens and continues to erode its own civil liberties while having a joke of a healthcare system.

who cares what other countries think? canada fuck yeah
This post thanked by: