REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 10-31-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Memory loss

Any had minor memory loss before while sober?

Just happened to me just now for the first time. Last thing I remember was putting in pizza pop in the microwave.

Next thing I know, I awoke from a nap and heard my dad in the kitchen frying shit.

I can't recall anything in between other than it was about 5:xx pm and it's now 6:45pm.

Lately I've been pretty forgetful of things. Like short term stuff. Walking to the kitchen the realizing why I was going there.

mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:10 PM   #2
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
You should talk to your GP.

Sometimes these are symptoms of epilepsy. Not all seizures involve involuntary shaking on the ground.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-31-2013, 06:54 PM   #3
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Talk to a doc.
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:59 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
You should talk to your GP.

Sometimes these are symptoms of epilepsy. Not all seizures involve involuntary shaking on the ground.
Holy, now that you mentioned it, I did sort of had a minor seizure prior to passing out.

I was sitting at my computer after putting the pizza pop in the microwave and my body was like paralyze and shaking.

Funny thing is I was in bed when I woke up and the position I was sleeping in was like those in the casket of a funeral. Scary.

I think death is upon me.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-01-2013, 01:04 AM   #5
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Well, that concludes another brilliant thread.
Posted via RS Mobile
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:30 AM   #6
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
put revscene in your will!
and give dhillon09 power of attorney
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:44 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
put revscene in your will!
and give dhillon09 power of attorney
Done. Revscene will get 3% of my $10 life savings.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-02-2013, 10:46 AM   #8
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,352 Times in 263 Posts
lay off the ganj
Old 11-04-2013, 12:44 PM   #9
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
Holy, now that you mentioned it, I did sort of had a minor seizure prior to passing out.

I was sitting at my computer after putting the pizza pop in the microwave and my body was like paralyze and shaking.

Funny thing is I was in bed when I woke up and the position I was sleeping in was like those in the casket of a funeral. Scary.

I think death is upon me.
if you were to have a simple/complex partial seizure, you'll def. know it! trust me on that one

you'll know your going into it, but awakening from it you might have complete memory loss for a few minutes.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-07-2013, 10:29 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
if you were to have a simple/complex partial seizure, you'll def. know it! trust me on that one

you'll know your going into it, but awakening from it you might have complete memory loss for a few minutes.
It's hard to tell if it's even actually a seizure. It's like sitting there, unable to move and my brain's buzzing. Buzzes so far that sometimes my neck twitches. Is this how seizure feels like? How will I describe it to my doctor?
Old 11-11-2013, 11:27 AM   #11
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
It's hard to tell if it's even actually a seizure. It's like sitting there, unable to move and my brain's buzzing. Buzzes so far that sometimes my neck twitches. Is this how seizure feels like? How will I describe it to my doctor?
some people do just blank out and stare into space for seconds on end, but from the seizures I have (basically all types lol), the most basic seizures ill have are deja vu. deja vu is basically my warning sign that im gonna have one within a while. deja vu + that feeling you get in your stomach when your going down a steep hill on a rollercoaster, that's when it lights out lol.

just tell your dr how it happens to you. possibly send you to go for an mri

worst worst case scenario, we can be couch buds and get fat and watch tv all day having seizures together
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #12
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 5,279 Times in 603 Posts
Quote:
some people do just blank out and stare into space for seconds on end, but from the seizures I have (basically all types lol), the most basic seizures ill have are deja vu. deja vu is basically my warning sign that im gonna have one within a while. deja vu + that feeling you get in your stomach when your going down a steep hill on a rollercoaster, that's when it lights out lol.

worst worst case scenario, we can be couch buds and get fat and watch tv all day having seizures together
that's fucked.
sorry to hear that
Old 11-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #13
WHAT? NO FOOD?

Thanked 1,134 Times in 231 Posts
Quote:

I still have that deja vu once a while IF ONLY I didn't eat food in less than 5 hours .

My friends told me i looked high when I stared at something too long before lights go out lol. One time, I blacked out in the school cafeteria and hit my head to the table. Lucky it was a minor injury.
I went to the emergency room and the doctor said I'm fine although i still get some short term memories...

[29-04, 00:14] El Bastardo: Santofu isn't the hero Revscene needs, but hes the hero Revscene deserves
Santofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #14

Quote:

that's fucked... i never knew that's considered seizures. i thought seizures was just shaking vibrantly on the ground.

i like to think of epilepsy as something unique rather than a disease/disorder. brain electricity in the brain changing? that's some intense shit if you ask me.