REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   **STOLEN** 93 Lexus SC400 Pearl White **180 TPX** (https://www.revscene.net/forums/689857-%2A%2Astolen%2A%2A-93-lexus-sc400-pearl-white-%2A%2A180-tpx%2A%2A.html)

SpuGen 11-04-2013 12:47 AM

**STOLEN** 93 Lexus SC400 Pearl White **180 TPX**

Hey guys. Need help.

My friend's car was stolen yesterday from Watermania.
Saturday NOV 2nd From 3-4:30PM

93 Pearl White SC400. Stock
Grey Interior, Gold Badges. One of very few Pearl White SC's in BC

Whoever stole it, broke into his locker, and cleaned it out, along with his phone, wallet, keys. Along with the car was his girlfriends phone, etc.

They took the car, phones, wallets, and ditched the clothes and house keys in the parking lot.

Please Keep a lookout for the car, and contact me on RS.

Also keep a lookout for:
- JVC KW-AVX810 7" Double Din
- Alpine Type R 12" Sub
- Clarion APX1300
- Bassworx Box.

If anybody knows anything about the security detail of that parking lot, please let me know. Cameras, etc.

SB7 11-04-2013 04:41 AM

Will be looking out in the south arm of Richmond. Hope those scumbags get caught soon.
Posted via RS Mobile

KO7 11-04-2013 05:15 AM

That's why I never part with my keys at the gym, they're always either in my pocket or in the treadmill cubby, never in the locker.

GL to your friend in finding his car and/or dealing with ICBC.

- kT 11-04-2013 05:57 AM

eyes out in richmond
Posted via RS Mobile

thumper 11-04-2013 07:31 AM

any way of pinging/tracking the cellphone?

Mr.HappySilp 11-04-2013 07:51 AM

sigh.....
Can you track where yoru phone is? Maybe it will help locate your car as well?I have Cerberus and it is pretty accurate to track where it is.

fliptuner 11-04-2013 07:55 AM

If there's a garage door opener in the car, tell him to disconnect it and lock it, manually.

UnName 11-04-2013 08:44 PM

Happen to me too at watermania couple years ago broke lock on locker took all valuables luckily I didn't have a car back then. Best of luck to your friend in getting most of his stuff back.

AW607 11-04-2013 09:13 PM

It makes me think twice about storing my keys in the locker when I work out :heckno:

Will keep an eye out for you, good luck

jpark 11-04-2013 10:21 PM

^same. until it gets bulky in your pocket and you pull it out on the side for a bit and accidentally drop your dumbells on it

k2damax 11-04-2013 10:43 PM

I heard from people that it's an inside job from some of the staff at watermania. They would break into ur locker when you go in and steal your things.

Happy 11-05-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k2damax (Post 8354242)
I heard from people that it's an inside job from some of the staff at watermania. They would break into ur locker when you go in and steal your things.

are you joking? the lockers at watermania are extremely easy to break into. I always leave my valuables with the staff at the front desk

lowside67 11-05-2013 09:59 AM

I'm sorry to hear that but it was definitely a blessing that they chucked your house keys out... having to get an emergency lock smith to change your locks so the thieves don't come in and clean your house out is never fun.

SpuGen 11-05-2013 10:42 AM

Car recovered.

Thanks to everybody who kept an eye out for the car!

It was taken for a joyride.
Tires/brakes are done
Drifted into a tree
Drugs were found inside the car.

Anybody know what the ICBC policy is on stolen cars that were recovered? Do they cover everything that's been damaged?

Iceman-19 11-05-2013 10:44 AM

Were you able to keep the drugs? Maybe tell the police they belong to you so you can keep them!

bcrdukes 11-05-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpuGen (Post 8354479)
Anybody know what the ICBC policy is on stolen cars that were recovered? Do they cover everything that's been damaged?

Depends on the type of coverage you purchased and/or specified perils.

fliptuner 11-05-2013 10:54 AM

If he has comprehensive or specified perils, all the vehicle damage should be covered. Personal property, however, is not covered.

tegra7 11-05-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpuGen (Post 8353501)
Hey guys. Need help.

My friend's car was stolen yesterday from Watermania.
Saturday NOV 2nd From 3-4:30PM

93 Pearl White SC400. Stock
Grey Interior, Gold Badges. One of very few Pearl White SC's in BC

Whoever stole it, broke into his locker, and cleaned it out, along with his phone, wallet, keys. Along with the car was his girlfriends phone, etc.

They took the car, phones, wallets, and ditched the clothes and house keys in the parking lot.

Please Keep a lookout for the car, and contact me on RS.

Also keep a lookout for:
- JVC KW-AVX810 7" Double Din
- Alpine Type R 12" Sub
- Clarion APX1300
- Bassworx Box.

If anybody knows anything about the security detail of that parking lot, please let me know. Cameras, etc.

That was nice of them..

falcon 11-05-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpuGen (Post 8354479)
Car recovered.

Thanks to everybody who kept an eye out for the car!

It was taken for a joyride.
Tires/brakes are done
Drifted into a tree
Drugs were found inside the car.

They are usually pretty good. My Audi was stolen and joyridden. Minor damage was what it looked like at first. ICBC painted and fixed everything, only to have the front diff blow up on the drive home from the bodyshop. They paid me out on it. Just be cordial with your adjuster and reasonable. Most of them are actually really easy to deal with. Some are unrealistic but the two times I've had to deal with a written off car it was an easy process and I got a fair value for the car.