REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 05:13 PM   #51
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dared3vil0 View Post
Seriously Bruce, you just dodged completely around the issue that your headlights appear to be non DOT approved. Care to explain?
Pics of said vehicles?

Looking at their postings most of the pictures are when the car appears to be still off shore. which means that any necessary modifications to make the car legal have not been made yet.

There is nothing to say that the vehicles which are on the lot today have not been fixed to meet TOC requirements.
Advertisement

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2014, 05:15 PM   #52
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
I was responding to the question regarding the headlights that was never answered.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
Old 06-20-2014, 05:34 PM   #53
RS.net Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dared3vil0 View Post
Seriously Bruce, you just dodged completely around the issue that your headlights appear to be non DOT approved. Care to explain?
DOT is not the be all and end all. As long as they comply with requirements for approved equipment they pass. Period. If they don't comply they fail. Period.

Before this goes around in circles, perhaps someone who knows the regulations might like to shed some light on the issue? I understand that anything I write will be dissected and parsed but before you make a comment, please at least read the source information that was provided - and by another member of the forum no less!

Bruce
Old 06-21-2014, 05:54 AM   #54
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

^^^^^^^ Well, at least we know that the inspection shop you guys use doesnt bother to follow the rules of the CVSE. Honestly i think alot of those lighting standards are ridiculous, but im just a regular guy, not a Company trying to be number 1.

This statement
"DOT is not the be all and end all. As long as they comply with requirements for approved equipment they pass. Period. If they don't comply they fail. Period."

shows that you dont care if your cars are up to code, so the next question is, do you inform your customers that they have the potential risk of re-inspection due to non-approved lights.

Here is a quote from the CVSE lighting regulations that is pretty clear:
In Canada, low beam headlamps meeting the U.S.
DOT regulations are allowed. Low beam headlamps
meeting the European ECE regulations are also
allowed if they produce a beam pattern for driving
on the right side of the road. Low beams meeting
Japanese regulations are not allowed.

Refer to Page 18
http://www.th.gov.bc.ca/cvse/vehicle...g_Protocol.pdf
Old 06-21-2014, 08:57 AM   #55
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

So ignoring the cars with pictures that are taken in Japan, why is your 1995 Mercedes SL 500 not fitted with a third brake light? Those are mandatory on vehicles newer than 1994? The SL also has the incorrect front turn signals, clear frosted corners are Eurospec, but the US version has reflectors built into them.

Why is the 1997 G500 not fitted with reflectors? Nor is the 1998 Porsche with the dark grey wheels?

It goes on and on...
Old 06-21-2014, 10:47 AM   #56
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,139 Times in 7,148 Posts
I think you guys are going way overboard on a witch hunt here. It seems like you are just baiting the guy into an argument. If you haven't actually had an experience with them, you have no reason to be criticizing their business practices, because you really don't know.
Tofu actually had an experience with these guys and posted an objective statement, which is what belongs in this thread. Remember, we should treat event sponsors with respect, unless we have actually been wronged by them.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
Old 06-22-2014, 04:32 PM   #57
I am Hook'd on RS

I am about getting a car from them,I am glad, I have found the treat here about this company. I love jdm car, who car if the light does not meet dot here in canada. As long as still oem.that what jdm car look better then here. Any way thanks guy.i have more to inspect before jump in to it.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:52 PM   #58
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,252 Times in 1,965 Posts
I kid and all but let me be serious...

I hope you guys succeed. Some people can't or don't want to go through the process of importing a car on their own so it's nice to see a dealership that primarily specializes in imports which removes a lot of the hassle. Some would rather pay a dealership a slighlty higher cost to remove the headache of going through the process themselves.

As long as you (please) show ALL documentation and give the full history on the car including trouble spots, you won't have anything to worry about. Admitting that a car has an issue / potential issue will help build your credential as an honest dealership. Cars aren't perfect but a reputation can be
Old 06-26-2014, 09:48 AM   #59
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I think you guys are going way overboard on a witch hunt here. It seems like you are just baiting the guy into an argument. If you haven't actually had an experience with them, you have no reason to be criticizing their business practices, because you really don't know.
Tofu actually had an experience with these guys and posted an objective statement, which is what belongs in this thread. Remember, we should treat event sponsors with respect, unless we have actually been wronged by them.
i couldn't agree more.

if i see a car in their lot that i really like, i will still go to inquire. at the end of the day, the decision whether to buy depends not only to the car that you are looking at, but also the experience of their customer service.

in my opinion, bruce has done a good job answering questions here and they are willing to provide the information that you need. plus, he addressed all the issues and is now making changes for better practice.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:22 PM   #60
RS.net Vendor

I appreciate the input from everyone here and I am always willing to answer any questions you might have or assist in any way I can.

This forum is one place among others where I know people are passionate about JDM cars and as Velocity Cars is a young business, it's important to me that we earn the respect of people like you.

We have a lot a great people here as well and we are no different than any other business - we have a product we want to sell and this is how our employees make a living to support their families.

I invite anyone to come in and meet me in person and see our vehicles for yourself. Let me know that you're from the forum and I'll give you the grand tour, show you how we do things and let you see for yourself what kind of business we run.

You can see on our Facebook page photos of customers who are happy with their purchases and reviews of our business. I encourage you to put your own review up if you like but all I ask is that you base your opinions on personal, first-hand information.

Thanks for the support and we in turn support Revscene and its members.

Bruce
Old 06-30-2014, 05:01 PM   #61
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,558 Times in 302 Posts
just dropped by today to put a deposit on a s15. will report back when it arrives
Old 07-02-2014, 04:51 PM   #62
I am Hook'd on RS

why are you guys beaking velocity just because the lights arent DOT.

heck those ebay garbage lights are more of a danger on the road than oem ones.

or how about the retards that install HID in a halogen housing that just blind everyone on the road.

its just a stupid law....
Old 07-02-2014, 06:16 PM   #63
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooke24 View Post
why are you guys beaking velocity just because the lights arent DOT.

heck those ebay garbage lights are more of a danger on the road than oem ones.

or how about the retards that install HID in a halogen housing that just blind everyone on the road.

its just a stupid law....
In hindsight, i agree with your points, however the bolded part...

i don't even...

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
Old 07-03-2014, 06:04 PM   #64
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Hi, made an account to add my input on my experience with Velocity Vancouver. While Bruce was easy to deal with and an honest person, the salesman I dealt with wasn't the best. My major concern was after picking up the car I noticed a massive vacuum leak, at the fuel regulator, and fouled spark plugs, which caused misfire at boost, which shouldn't have been over-looked so easily as I was told my car would be perfect when delivered. I can't blame the company 100% as I didn't bring up these issues, because I was just mesmerized at the car I was looking at, but the person checking the vehicle prior to delivery should have taken these things to account.

TL;DR if you want to skip importing a car by yourself talk to Bruce directly, bring up any concerns before taking the car and get it checked out if you don't have the ability / confidence to do it yourself.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-03-2014, 06:58 PM   #65
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eroximus View Post
Hi, made an account to add my input on my experience with Velocity Vancouver. While Bruce was easy to deal with and an honest person, the salesman I dealt with wasn't the best. My major concern was after picking up the car I noticed a massive vacuum leak, at the fuel regulator, and fouled spark plugs, which caused misfire at boost, which shouldn't have been over-looked so easily as I was told my car would be perfect when delivered. I can't blame the company 100% as I didn't bring up these issues, because I was just mesmerized at the car I was looking at, but the person checking the vehicle prior to delivery should have taken these things to account.

TL;DR if you want to skip importing a car by yourself talk to Bruce directly, bring up any concerns before taking the car and get it checked out if you don't have the ability / confidence to do it yourself.
just a question: why did you not get an independent mechanical inspection done on the car before the sale? does velocity allow you to bring your own mechanic or take the car to one? personally i just can't bring myself to not have an inspection done when buying used no matter who it's from...
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
Old 07-03-2014, 07:04 PM   #66
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
just a question: why did you not get an independent mechanical inspection done on the car before the sale? personally i just can't bring myself to not have an inspection done when buying used no matter who it's from...
I've worked on cars for quiet a bit which gave me the confidence to look at the car. I found the issues immediately once the whole phase of me being excited to pick up the car went by. If I had to do it again I would definitely not skipped on paying someone to inspect it.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-03-2014, 07:13 PM   #67
Witness protection

did velocity make good on the car? not sure if they have any sort of return or warranty policy.

trust no one. i don't care if it's major dealership or a trusted family member (yes i am that paranoid). i still remember the "certified preowned" car with its "extensive 150pt. inspection" i thought was good on that merit at a certain established business in n. van that failed a basic bcaa inspection in the parking lot. they gave me back my deposit and i walked away and the car was no longer advertised as certified after that.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
Old 07-03-2014, 07:16 PM   #68
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
did velocity make good on the car? not sure if they have any sort of return or warranty policy.

trust no one. i don't care if it's major dealership or a trusted family member (yes i am that paranoid). i still remember the "certified preowned" car with its "extensive 150pt. inspection" i thought was good on that merit at a certain established business in n. van that failed a basic bcaa inspection in the parking lot. they gave me back my deposit and i walked away and the car was no longer advertised as certified after that.
I didn't bring it up with them because they were relatively simple and cheap fixes (plugs + new vacuum hose) but I have purchased warranty for the car in case of an unfortunate event for engine and drive line components therefore I have to keep the car stock for the time being.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-03-2014, 07:23 PM   #69
Witness protection

so based on your purchase, including what you had to deal with salesperson-wise, how would you rate velocity out of a scale of 1 to 10?

also curious to know which warranty company you went with. i remember long time ago going with a warranty company (global-i can't remember the rest) and they gave me the runaround. hoping yours is honest.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:45 PM   #70
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
so based on your purchase, including what you had to deal with salesperson-wise, how would you rate velocity out of a scale of 1 to 10?
I would have to say 6/10 as the sales person really threw me off and had points where I had questions to ask to confirm if he knew what the car really was, as I researched a lot before hand, and he didn't really know much about the vehicle I was about the purchase. The exterior car detail (I assumed wax and polish as many dealers do) that I received was very poor. The car had a nice layer of wax but it seems like it was washed with a broom. The swirls on the car were very heavy and deep. Given this is an older vehicle I did still want to receive the "perfect condition" car I was promised by the sales man. The interior on the other hand was detailed very nicely with no dust and very clean fabric. The pictures on the website don't really show the car very well because of the angles and lighting, so you really have to be there and check out the exterior carefully before judging the buy as I had made that mistake. I do have to say that Bruce was easy to deal with and honest in a business point of view versus the sales man I had and Bruce knew his stuff. All in all I am happy with my purchase but the service I had to go through to be able to get the vehicle was a really bumpy ride. I am trying to be unbaised as much as I can with these posts but of course the negative things I encountered left a bigger impact than the positive moments.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-03-2014, 07:56 PM   #71
Witness protection

thanks for sharing. this is the kind of answer i was looking for back when i put this thread up in nov 2013 (!).
Old 07-03-2014, 07:56 PM   #72
Witness protection

bruce, if you are still out there, you have a pm.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:08 PM   #73
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,558 Times in 302 Posts
they do allow you to get the vehicle inspected by whoever you choose, but they have to make sure your actually interested and require a deposit. still waiting for my car to arrive they told me 3 weeks.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:10 PM   #74
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timewav3zer0 View Post
they do allow you to get the vehicle inspected by whoever you choose, but they have to make sure your actually interested and require a deposit. still waiting for my car to arrive they told me 3 weeks.

what car did you order?
Old 07-03-2014, 08:37 PM   #75
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
what car did you order?
I think he put deposit for an s15. Its a few posts up
This post thanked by:
Closed Thread