REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:10 PM   #51
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwx1 View Post
I didn't say lululemon is for hippies, I said underarmour is for hippies.
I misread.

I see that my lululemon hoodie makes me gay, not a hippie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
Thank you for the correction.

Advertisement
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #52
Banned (ABWS)

If you can't picture Arnold Schwarzenegger wearing it, then it is gay.

Therefore Lululemon on men is gay.
Posted via RS Mobile
twdm is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2013, 09:19 PM   #53
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
hip·pie
[hip-ee] Show IPA
noun
a person, especially of the late 1960s, who rejected established institutions and values and sought spontaneity, direct personal relations expressing love, and expanded consciousness, often expressed externally in the wearing of casual, folksy clothing and of beads, headbands, used garments, etc.

did you confuse hippie with hipster?

hipster
Hipsters are a subculture of men and women typically in their 20's and 30's that value independent thinking, counter-culture, progressive politics, an appreciation of art and indie-rock, creativity, intelligence, and witty banter. The greatest concentrations of hipsters can be found living in the Williamsburg, Wicker Park, and Mission District neighborhoods of major cosmopolitan centers such as New York, Chicago, and San Francisco respectively. Although "hipsterism" is really a state of mind,it is also often intertwined with distinct fashion sensibilities. Hipsters reject the culturally-ignorant attitudes of mainstream consumers, and are often be seen wearing vintage and thrift store inspired fashions, tight-fitting jeans, old-school sneakers, and sometimes thick rimmed glasses. Both hipster men and women sport similar androgynous hair styles that include combinations of messy shag cuts and asymmetric side-swept bangs. Such styles are often associated with the work of creative stylists at urban salons, and are usually too "edgy" for the culturally-sheltered mainstream consumer. The "effortless cool" urban bohemian look of a hipster is exemplified in Urban Outfitters and American Apparel ads which cater towards the hipster demographic. Despite misconceptions based on their aesthetic tastes, hipsters tend to be well educated and often have liberal arts degrees, or degrees in maths and sciences, which also require certain creative analytical thinking abilities. Cons...

regardless, neither terms are relevant to under armour or any sports brand.

so you don't believe in brand name clothing is basically what you are saying. I prefer to wear comfortable swear wicking, stretch attire when working out, compared to a white t shirt and sweats.

If you are going to state why certain brands are bad/ why you won't purchase them, at least use the right terms. Sound like you don't like mainstream brands... which makes me think you are one of the two terms that is defined above.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #54
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twdm View Post
If you can't picture Arnold Schwarzenegger wearing it, then it is gay.

Therefore Lululemon on men is gay.
Posted via RS Mobile
I can't picture arnold shwarzenegger looking anything remotely similar to you, does that make you gay?
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2013, 09:49 PM   #55
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
I can't picture arnold shwarzenegger looking anything remotely similar to you, does that make you gay?
Please go back to reading comprehension school. If you like wearing pants that stretch tight over your balls, I can't stop you, but you're still gay.
Posted via RS Mobile
twdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #56
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:38 PM   #57
2 Wheelin' Mod

am I the only one that has never seen a hippi wearing underarmour
Jas29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:49 PM   #58
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,168 Times in 7,157 Posts
People get bent over the stupidest fucking shit nowadays. I look like shit in a speedo. Its not fucking speedos fault. Its my fault for drinking 30+ beers a week. My size 31 slim fit diesel jeans had the crotch rip out when I was skateboarding. I should have bought a 32. Lets put it on the front page of the province how I got fucked over by big corporations.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:01 PM   #59
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwy View Post
I bet some of the women still complaining about the pants being too sheer are trying to stuff their too-fat asses into way undersized pants..and you wonder why the material is being pushed to its limits..

Quote:
Thanks for pointing it out. You on the other hand is no different than who I am. Don't like it, don't read it.

Actually I'm better than someone like you who "public shames" the dude who borrowed the money from the girl. Yea group bully the guy, yea I know the dude deserves what he gets, but really, writing a damn paragraph on the cementing, seriously wtf is that shit.

at least I keep that shit to my mouth. If you decide to bring it against me, might as well go for it.

Says Lululemon is gay.

User name BMW X1.

wat.
You can come out now. It's 2013.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2013, 11:16 PM   #60
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Lol wut? As spidey said, UA is worn by professional athletes... Its performance clothing. For people who are not couch potatoes.

If anything Lululemon is more hippy (Not saying it is), and that would be because they have some save the environment crap, and some of their clothes had hemp or something (I saw a sign when I past the metro location, not sure about this one).

UA doesn't give a shit about the environment, besides protecting your ass from it.

I stand behing UA's gear wholeheartedly. They make excellent cold weather gear and good quality workout gear...

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:13 AM   #61
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,645 Times in 446 Posts
Quote:
Can someone just ban this idiot already.....
Seriously....UA for Hippies.....I've worked i the sporting goods industry since UA came onto the market...and I have NEVER heard anyone refer to UA as a hippie brand...or even a hipster brand for that matter...its way to mainstream
skiiipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:11 AM   #62
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twdm View Post
Please go back to reading comprehension school. If you like wearing pants that stretch tight over your balls, I can't stop you, but you're still gay.
Posted via RS Mobile
Guys pants isnt tight... you obviously never been inside the store to look at mens clothing-line..

Old 11-07-2013, 05:30 AM   #63
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
I am seeing a girl who was born to wear Lulu, I'll try and get a pic
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-07-2013, 06:39 AM   #64
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

This thread is painful to read.

Lululemon is a fucking womens clothing brand. It was created as a direct response to the increasing participation rates of women in sports for women to wear.

Since the continued success of the brand, they have attempted to grow the brand into the male demographic, but even after 15 years the company only sells about 15% of its products to men.

Compare that to an athletic apparel company founded by a jock (Underarmour) which sees about 40% of its sales to women.

Also, Yoga participation (what the brand essentially identifies with) is roughly 83% women and 17% men in North America, roughly in line with the sales numbers.

Ive bought lots of lululemon clothes for girls, but ive never bought any myself. I don't really identify with the brand, although I have tried Yoga.

You guys who wear it, just for the sake of proving how open minded and forward thinking you are just as sad as the guy who thinks it equivalent to a Jewish star for gays.

It is obvious however that most of you are not gay, because gays don't get so offended by those types of comments, only their socially awkward straight friends do. Seriously.

For me its like Hyundai. Ill always associate that company with crap cars. Lululemon should have done the same thing I thought Hyundai should have done when they started building better cars.

Rebadge the new products. Johnnybanana Athletica anyone?
Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-07-2013, 07:05 AM   #65
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
The shit that passes for news these days...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-07-2013, 07:29 AM   #66
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Am I the only one who got up and danced to the "push it to the limit" song and then wanted cocaine???
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:38 AM   #67
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
First time I've ever heard UA being associated with a hippie image/lifestyle.

I have a closet full of UA gear for the gym and tactical use purposes (yes we PMC, military and law enforcement folk wear UA in the field at times), I guess that makes me a full blown hippie then, which is odd considering I'm pro big corporation, pro guns, pro military, pro big oil, pro lower tax rates for high income earners and corporations, anti welfare, hate Greenpeace and PETA with a passion, etc....

Well I guess there is only one thing for me to do then, pack up my UA gear and go join a hippie commune
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-07-2013, 10:01 AM   #68
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
aware me on what lulu lemon is and provide pics
Old 11-07-2013, 10:14 AM   #69
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
well.. fuck all of you (except Inaii)

im going to go buy a LuLu mens hoodie cuz they are comfy as fuuuuuuuuuu

not hipter, not gay. i just like comfy clothes!

but back on topic. i think they have a point, not all clothes are made for all people. if you want to fit in these clothes made for a specific height-weight proportion then become that... otherwise dont blame a company for not catering to your KPC lovin, not putting donuts down ass that dosnt fit into tight fitting clothing..

just saying, small car parking spots are made for small cars.. dont park a truck in there and complain that is didnt fit! go find a bigger spot to park.
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:06 AM   #70
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,185 Times in 304 Posts
this is the same shit as the Abercrombie "controversy". The owner said their clothes weren't for everyone... i.e "If you're fat, I don't want you wearing my clothes". But it seems they have now decided to make larger sizes... Maybe U will follow

Abercrombie & Fitch Plus Size Controversy, Adding Larger Sizes ? Style News - StyleWatch - People.com

Awesome quote

“Candidly, we go after the cool kids … A lot of people don’t belong [in our clothes], and they can’t belong. Are we exclusionary? Absolutely.”

A car can be only 2 out of the 3.
xpl0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #71
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,178 Times in 2,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpl0sive View Post
this is the same shit as the Abercrombie "controversy". The owner said their clothes weren't for everyone... i.e "If you're fat, I don't want you wearing my clothes". But it seems they have now decided to make larger sizes... Maybe U will follow

Abercrombie & Fitch Plus Size Controversy, Adding Larger Sizes ? Style News - StyleWatch - People.com

Awesome quote

“Candidly, we go after the cool kids … A lot of people don’t belong [in our clothes], and they can’t belong. Are we exclusionary? Absolutely.”
I don't think this comparison is very analogous to Lululemon. Abercrombie was saying they don't want unattractive people wearing their brand, whereas Lululemon is admitting that their product may not 'work' (i.e. wears prematurely/pills) for certain body types.

It's unfair of the media to assume Wilson was talking about fatties. Fit women can just the same have thick thighs/quads that may rub up against each other causing the same pilling issue.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #72
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
this isn't news... i have seen plenty of diaphanous lululemon pants on girls and they were not fat but they may have been wearing a size or two smaller than they should have.
side note i've been into a lululemon store a couple times and never even knew they had mens clothes guess my eyes were concentrated elsewhere
StylinRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:08 PM   #73
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpl0sive View Post
Problem is lululemon has larger sizes but XL's will squeeze into a M because the material stretches. "See I can fit into a medium when I'm normally a XL! "
JKam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-07-2013, 12:26 PM   #74
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,168 Times in 7,157 Posts
"OH MY GOD YOGA HAS HELPED ME LOSE SO MUCH WEIGHT. I'M A MEDIUM NOW. NO BIG DEAL THOUGH. OTHA BITCHAS BE SO JEALOUS"
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-07-2013, 12:35 PM   #75
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,814 Times in 2,502 Posts

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch