REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:10 PM   #251
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Y'know, I couldn't find any really spectacular pics of her... but seeing her "live" on TV, she's one of those types, with that kinda smile, that just exudes a certain sexiness... like Kari Byron, you know, just comes across 20 times sexier in motion than in a still shot.
Gotcha. There are definitely some women that look 10x better in person, but they just aren't photogenic.
Advertisement
1989 BMW 525i
2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
2006 Mazda 3
2008 Jeep Liberty
2003 Infiniti G35
1995 Eagle Talon
1984 Chevrolet Corvette
1981 Pontiac Trans Am
1992 BMW 535i
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2014, 09:17 PM   #252
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
USA 2-3 Canada - Men's Ice Hockey Gold Medal Match | Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics - YouTube

just watched the game from the golden goal to the awards presentation, fucking cried man... stacked ass team when they were in their prime. I like 2010 > 2014 imoooo.... anyone have thoughts?

fuck jamie langenbruner is sexy mofo when he was presented the silver around his neck would go gay
Team Canada execs have stated that there is a huge difference between playing on NHL-sized ice (size > speed) vs international size ice (speed > size). Therefore, you can't make a fair comparison between the 2010 team and the 2014 team.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:30 PM   #253
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Just a heads up to everyone, Canada has never done well on International Ice. our only Olympic golds came at Vancouver and Salt Lake City.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:39 PM   #254
G
Banned (BBM)

Anyone have the schedule PST on when Team Canada plays for mens hockey?
G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:42 PM   #255
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
Just a heads up to everyone, Canada has never done well on International Ice. our only Olympic golds came at Vancouver and Salt Lake City.
The Team Canada brass was well aware of the differences between NHL & international ice. It was such a big issue that they hired Ralph Krueger and his only job was to essentially scout ALL the European teams, their plays, habits, and skills.

Here is a great read about Team Canada's hiring of Ralph Krueger

Krueger Canada's secret weapon - Winnipeg Free Press

Quote:
SOCHI, Russia — Team Canada head coach Mike Babcock employed Ralph Krueger as a spy this season, a James Bond of hockey, if you will, and now he’s hoping he can deliver From Russia with Love.

Krueger has been Canada’s secret agent this winter, tramping his way around Europe the last six months watching the coaches of every team but the U.S. and Canada go through their daily paces.

Krueger is now a double-agent. He coached Switzerland at the 2006 Olympics in Turin and put his name on the international hockey map with a win over Canada. That knowledge, how the Canadians were made vulnerable by the international game en route to a humiliating seventh-place finish, is what makes Krueger invaluable to Babcock and why the Edmonton Oilers loss was Team Canada’s gain.

Krueger had little time last summer to process the fact the Edmonton Oilers had just fired him. Because the phone rang again and it was Babcock on the other end offering the Winnipeg-born and Steinbach-raised Krueger a position on his staff.
"I’ve been telling people for 25 years that when you can’t change something in life, find a positive process, and solutions, things that move you forward. I remember sitting on my daughter’s bed at home in Switzerland, and my wife Glenda was in shock. She was screaming and yelling," tells Krueger, watching Norway practice here in Sochi.

"I quickly said, 'Can I change anything?' This is a done deal. (Oilers GM Craig MacTavish) told me he had an option (which was to hire Dallas Eakins). The first thing that came to my mind was, ‘I don’t need to understand this. It’s a waste of my time, my life, of analysis. I’m not going to talk negative about anybody. Let’s go.’

"I swear, it was three hours after they announced it in Canada, Babcock phoned me. Three hours. So I threw myself into this. Mike got my number from Tom Renney. Three hours. My wife said ‘You already accepted another job?’ She thought I was nuts."

Krueger needed to have an understanding of Babcock’s process and the head coach wanted to pick the brain of his tactician. Then began the work.

Every power play, every penalty kill, every zone defence and every breakout to be used in this Olympic hockey tournament, Krueger has seen it, documented it, and will now pass it on to Team Canada.

Krueger might not bang home the winning goal two weeks from now in the gold-medal game, but if Canada is in that position, his work will have played a major influence. He’s been Canada’s pro scout and tactical advisor.

"So I had threefold responsibilities, one was the tactical preparation of the team. We set the tactical foundation and I have been monitoring that now through the season, how it’s going to apply to the big ice. The second track has been the preparation of the 11 opponents. We’ve got a full profile on everybody and we’ve got video footage to match their tactical approaches. All the coaches are full time, except for the U.S and Canada, so it’s easier to monitor the trends.

"The third thing is, as part of the management’s coaching team, having the opportunity of being a part of the evaluation process of the players. So that was a lot of fun."

There’s been lots of talk about systems and the big ice playing a role in the outcome of this tournament. In Vancouver, on NHL-sized ice, Canada and the U.S. dictated the style of play and collided in the gold medal game. Here, on an international-sized surface, which is wider with a longer neutral zone and two extra feet behind the nets, the style of play could favour the European-based teams.

Krueger, who grew up in Steinbach in the house of his father Karl-Hugo and mother Eva before boarding at St. John’s Ravenscourt School, spent close to 20 years playing and coaching in Europe before taking a job with the Oilers.
More than anyone on the Team Canada staff, he understands the way the international game is played.

"In Europe, it’s critical how teams approach the neutral zone, which is eight feet longer blue line to blue line. How do they approach that neutral zone? How do they play defensively when they lose possession of the puck, and how can you break that?" said Krueger.

"Of course the clear tactics of PP, penalty kill strategy. It’s not copy-paste like many NHL environments. I can look at all 30 NHL teams and so much is repetitive strategic approach. Within this tournament, in six games in 11 days, you could see complete, wide-open variety of strategies. So strategic shifts day-to-day are the most difficult thing for the NHL players. They’re used to seeing a similar animal coming at them every night, and it’s something we’re trying to figure out the key points because we don’t want to over load them as the strategies are changing."

Krueger maintains a summer home in Kenora, and he and Glenda, the daughter of Westwood’s Earl and Hope Gibbons, have been spending their summers together ever since they met on the beach at Star Lake in 1981.
His father sent him to Ravenscourt for a book education, but Ralph had other ideas.

"I was nine years old and one of the only boarders my age. I was supposed to be there to go to school, but I spent all day and all night in the Dutton Memorial rink skating and shooting pucks.

"SJR has a lot to do with who I am today and what I became today and the leadership responsibilities that I’m taking on," says Krueger, tall and fit and bristling with positivity. "My Dad helped build the hospital in Steinbach. He was a doctor… He went to Steinbach (from Germany) in the 50s, and they didn’t have a proper hospital. He was one of the founders. He left his legacy there in Steinbach."

Krueger may have spent the last half-year developing a strategic book on how to beat the European nations, but at the end of the day, he says Canada must be Canada.

"The most important thing is that we play the game where we are the best in the world and that’s between the dots," said Krueger. "Everyone is talking about that ice, and I’m talking about not playing there. And that’s probably the biggest input I’m bringing to the team, how can we not play on that extra ice?

"What happens is, if you play in the extra ice, it slows your game down. That’s why sometime you watch a European game it seems slower and that’s because of the extra space. Players handle the puck longer, they move it with less tempo and authority and that slows the game down. Whereas if you bring it in between the dots, it’s the same game. So let’s get there and forget this width and let’s play. The north, south is exactly the same distance."

Babcock will do the coaching and Sidney Crosby et al will do the the playing and in the end they’ll get the glory if Canada wins.

But behind every battle is a plan and somewhere in all the documents and diagrams Krueger has compiled is an edge that could give Canada’s hockey spy a new name: GoldenEye.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2014, 10:04 PM   #256
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,180 Posts
Wow, it just dawned upon me that for the past few months, Babcock has been working TWO full time jobs at the same time:

1) Prepare his NHL team
2) Prepare his Olympic team (no pay!)

There aren't enough hours in a day to do that! Maybe that's why Detroit is clinging to the final playoff spot.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:13 PM   #257
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
Yes. Men's Hockey - Sochi 2014 - CBC Sports
jtrinh is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
G
Old 02-10-2014, 10:13 PM   #258
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
Thurs Fri Sunday all 9am.

After that is medal round, so it'll vary.

Edit: I'm not a huge curling fan, but the brunette skip on Team Russia is oh so hot.

http://nextimpulsesports.com/2014/02...anna-sidorova/

Last edited by m3thods; 02-10-2014 at 10:35 PM.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:47 PM   #259
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,036 Times in 276 Posts
Womens ski slopestyle - Canada in 1st, 2nd and 4th so far
1989 Yamaha Virago XV535 (sold)
1994 Ford Ranger (sold)
1998 Subaru Legacy Wagon (sold)
2014 Toyota Corolla (loaner)
1996 Isuzu Trooper (RIP🔥)
2003 Jetta Wolfie (sold)
1963 (T)rusty Stude Lark (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaznviper View Post
kunoman is still alive! not raped by oil riggers yet....
kunoman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:48 PM   #260
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Just the 2nd qualifying round, but not a bad indication for later today of what might come.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:53 PM   #261
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,036 Times in 276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Just the 2nd qualifying round, but not a bad indication for later today of what might come.
Is there a 3rd qualifier or is it the finals up next?

Also too bad the gold medal favorite didnt qualify :/
1989 Yamaha Virago XV535 (sold)
1994 Ford Ranger (sold)
1998 Subaru Legacy Wagon (sold)
2014 Toyota Corolla (loaner)
1996 Isuzu Trooper (RIP🔥)
2003 Jetta Wolfie (sold)
1963 (T)rusty Stude Lark (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaznviper View Post
kunoman is still alive! not raped by oil riggers yet....
kunoman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:55 PM   #262
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
Quote:
Kaya fell
Tim Budong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:12 PM   #263
Head Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunoman1 View Post
Is there a 3rd qualifier or is it the finals up next?

Also too bad the gold medal favorite didnt qualify :/
Finals are up next at 1am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
Kaya fell
Which was a bit of a surprise.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:16 PM   #264
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Finals are up next at 1am.

Which was a bit of a surprise.
Kaya was doing well, maybe that injury gave her jitters?

anyhow..

Luongo's mask looks to be similar to the one in 2010. Can't wait for more detailed shots. Carey Price's is pretty sick as well

Last edited by Tim Budong; 02-11-2014 at 12:34 AM.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:32 PM   #265
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

to double post..And becuz the hockey is coming. FUCK YEA...
The small features the Canucks are doing in relation to that moment

Here's what I think is unseen angle of the goal(i think), but its from John Ashbridge and DJ Dave's seat in Lvl500(if you haven't watched a game up there, its amazing)

Here's a small feature showcasing Mike Burnstein and Pat O'Neil

Old 02-11-2014, 12:29 AM   #266
Head Moderator

Dara Howell's run
Old 02-11-2014, 12:34 AM   #267
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Dara Howell's run
thats a 10point lead on the next girl
SHE CRUSHED IT
Old 02-11-2014, 12:41 AM   #268
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,584 Times in 4,318 Posts
Switch the whole way

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:50 AM   #269

Tsubota's fall looks pretty nasty

fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol

RSUV #7
Old 02-11-2014, 12:51 AM   #270
Head Moderator

Holy fuck...

Knee to head, it looks like.

Gotta be a mental mind fuck to take the slope after something like that.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:59 AM   #271
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
she risked the last jump to win gold for canada
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:00 AM   #272
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thats it!
Dara Howell wins Gold! Kim Lammare with a wicked final run to place Bronze

TWO MORE! awwyissss
Old 02-11-2014, 01:00 AM   #273
Head Moderator

Woohoo!
Old 02-11-2014, 01:01 AM   #274

Yep, you know she went for it and probably would've got silver had she landed.

Gold and bronze for slopestyle.

RSUV #7
Old 02-11-2014, 01:01 AM   #275
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,009 Times in 1,889 Posts
YESSSSS ANOTHER GOLD!
Posted via RS Mobile