REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Sochi 2014 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/690178-sochi-2014-a.html)

rexsomnii 11-13-2013 05:32 PM

Sochi 2014

Olympics are coming..

What do you guys think of the uniform.. ? :fullofwin:

Under Armour unveils Canadian Snowboard Team uniforms for Sochi 2014 | Vancity Buzz | Vancouver Events, News, Food, Lifestyle and More

Ikkaku 11-13-2013 05:44 PM

I like it! I'd rock attire like that :ahwow:

jtrinh 11-13-2013 05:57 PM

Yeah, I like em. Gonna look sick once they're out doing their runs.

yogenfruz 11-13-2013 05:58 PM

The jacket is super sick, but I think the pants could have just been black with "Canada" down the side in white.
Posted via RS Mobile

dicecube 11-13-2013 06:09 PM

Steven Stamkos :okay:

BBMme 11-13-2013 06:26 PM

I'm a big fan of the Adidas Canadian collection, but this is something I would wear haha. Why couldn't 2010 get stuff like this:(
Posted via RS Mobile

Matlock 11-13-2013 08:43 PM

Nice. I would totally wear that. I also am a big fan of UA stuff.
How much? I want it.

2010 HBC gear was not up to par with UA quality.

AzNightmare 11-13-2013 09:47 PM

Looks good!
Posted via RS Mobile

rsx 11-13-2013 09:56 PM

Can't stop seeing Petro Canada...

westopher 11-13-2013 10:02 PM

I think its brutal. Canadian snowboard team uniforms by an american company that has never had anything to do with snowboarding. As far as looks though, jacket isn't bad, pants are horrible.
Pretty stoked to see Mcmorris ride though, he may literally be our best chance for a gold. He's fucking sick and just a humble kid from sask that loves to shred.

NotDatGai 11-13-2013 10:22 PM

Looks good! Have to agree that the pants look kinda weird.. but definitely liking the looks of the jacket.
would wear snowboarding.

v_tec 11-13-2013 10:26 PM

Not bad

:considered:

SolidPenguin 11-14-2013 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westopher (Post 8361467)
I think its brutal. Canadian snowboard team uniforms by an american company that has never had anything to do with snowboarding. As far as looks though, jacket isn't bad, pants are horrible.
Pretty stoked to see Mcmorris ride though, he may literally be our best chance for a gold. He's fucking sick and just a humble kid from sask that loves to shred.

Under Armour has been making ski/snowboard clothing for many years now. They branch into pretty much all sports.

StylinRed 11-14-2013 02:06 AM

meh looks geared towards supporters or PetroCan employees ;) I expect something better for Olympians

westopher 11-14-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolidPenguin (Post 8361567)
Under Armour has been making ski/snowboard clothing for many years now. They branch into pretty much all sports.

Making products has nothing to do with positively impacting the sport. They have been making outerwear for 4 years first of all, hardly a substantial amount, and they offered nothing to snowboarding as a whole until they signed Dustin Craven like 8 months ago. I have no respect for these companies that no nothing about the sport and see a dollar to be made and hop on the bandwagon. Fuck even Red bull has helped build the sport since before there was big money to be made. I suppose this company really fits in what FIS and the olympics really feel about snowboarding anyways.
Long live Terje Haakonsen

604STIG 11-14-2013 01:54 PM

Jacket looks sick, too bad we didn't get Under Armor to design our hockey jerseys.

will068 11-14-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 604STIG (Post 8361862)
Jacket looks sick, too bad we didn't get Under Armor to design our hockey jerseys.

Those Team Canada Hockey Jersey for Sochi look terrible. As if Nike hired someone from HBC to design that crap.

Glad that UA is stepping their game.

meme405 11-14-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westopher (Post 8361685)
Making products has nothing to do with positively impacting the sport. They have been making outerwear for 4 years first of all, hardly a substantial amount, and they offered nothing to snowboarding as a whole until they signed Dustin Craven like 8 months ago. I have no respect for these companies that no nothing about the sport and see a dollar to be made and hop on the bandwagon. Fuck even Red bull has helped build the sport since before there was big money to be made. I suppose this company really fits in what FIS and the olympics really feel about snowboarding anyways.
Long live Terje Haakonsen

I get it, but after rocking UA base layer gear for so long, I gave them a shot for outerwear. I bought a set of pants made by UA this year. I'll see how they hold up. I have a feeling they will be pretty good, UA is quality stuff.

I don't get why an american company is making Canada's outerwear for the olympics either, but leaving that aside, the jacket does look remarkably sick. Pants are a little overboard, but I would rock the jacket.

On the note of McMorris, he is for sure sick, just wondering why more people are not talking about Seb Toots. I know him personally, and I think he is going to kill it.

EDIT: are they going to sell those jackets somewhere?

westopher 11-14-2013 10:19 PM

I'm hoping for a mcmorris toots 1-2. Remember mcmorris was the one riding at rices contest, and the one with 2 golds at the x games last year. Either way both killer riders and killer dudes who I hope the best for.
Posted via RS Mobile

RacingMetro92 11-14-2013 10:56 PM

according to under Armour and snowboard Canada they won't be out for retail... Which is unfortunate because I probably would have bought one because they look sick. Hopefully positive response makes them think otherwise.
Posted via RS Mobile

Gh0stRider 11-14-2013 11:22 PM

i like it. i want!!!

meme405 11-14-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westopher (Post 8362285)
I'm hoping for a mcmorris toots 1-2. Remember mcmorris was the one riding at rices contest, and the one with 2 golds at the x games last year. Either way both killer riders and killer dudes who I hope the best for.
Posted via RS Mobile

Yeah, Toots has a couple x games medals too though, they may not be gold but still.

The steeze in this video is epic:

Especially that box at 1:32.

If neither one of them manage gold, ill cry. One of them better get it, they deserve it. Then again the field looks unbelievably stacked.

604STIG 11-15-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RacingMetro92 (Post 8362301)
according to under Armour and snowboard Canada they won't be out for retail... Which is unfortunate because I probably would have bought one because they look sick. Hopefully positive response makes them think otherwise.
Posted via RS Mobile

That blows, I would have rocked one for sure.

StylinRed 11-15-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RacingMetro92 (Post 8362301)
Posted via RS Mobile

:fulloffuck:

fliptuner 02-03-2014 07:53 PM

Kaillie Humphries is ripped and has wicked tattoos

http://www.bobteamhumphries.com/wp-c...slider-003.jpg

http://www.girlswithmuscle.com/image.../524471610.jpg