REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   what's a good electric shaver? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/690186-whats-good-electric-shaver.html)

yameen 11-13-2013 09:48 PM

what's a good electric shaver?

so i've been using a cheap braun shaver for years and years and felt like it's time to upgrade to a better one. has anyone used braun series 3 or 7? i tried googling it but it just seems like series 7 is better than series 3. and would you guys recommend rotary (circles) or the dual foil shavers?

just wanting to get input from peoples' experiences. thanks!

BillyBishop 11-13-2013 11:28 PM

I use a Braun Series 5-570, picked it up from Costco for around $120.

I used Fusion Proglide for years, and still do from time to time when I want a clean shave, but decided to go electric when I needed to shave every day for my job.

With once-a-day use, the battery lasts me anywhere between one and two weeks. It recharges quickly, too.

When I first started using it, I found it to be quite loud. I suppose that's because I've never used an electric shaver before, but I have since gotten used to it. I suspect that the Series 7 is much quieter.

The shave isn't as close as you can get with a manual razor, but it is completely acceptable. It gets all my hairs except for sometimes a few at the top of my neck. A couple of extra passes and they're gone as well. The sideburn trimmer is very handy, too.

yameen 11-14-2013 12:38 AM

i just bought the braun series 7- 720s for $150 online which is a killer price. i'll post a review of it once i give it a try. seems like the series 5 was pretty good as well but i might as well get the series 7 since it was on sale.

thanks

Zedbra 11-14-2013 07:10 AM

I'm interested to hear opinions on this as well - I've never had an electric but I'm thinking it's now time.

lowside67 11-14-2013 07:37 AM

Is there any ability with the Series 7 to adjust the length of the hair it leaves? I use a beard trimmer because I like to have some stubble but I would like to be able to shave slightly shorter than what it leaves... looking at options.

NeoDestinyZ 12-28-2013 09:18 AM

I use a panasonic electric shaver, works great if you don't want to replace any more blades. Saves a hell lot of money. The Foil shaver is probably the best, closer shave. The Rotary isn't too bad either (just a bit rough hair). But again the electric blade is always going to be the best regardless, I would use it on special occasion to save myself the money and time.

punkwax 12-28-2013 09:43 AM

I also use Panasonic. First one lasted 5+ years, current one is 6 years old still works great for me. Mind you, I don't have a ton of facial hair.

dared3vil0 12-28-2013 11:26 PM

I use a generic Costco special "Remington" brand electric shaver, only like $60 and it works very well. Integrated sideburn trimmer is handy dandy too.

Mr.HappySilp 12-29-2013 04:06 PM

using a philips one got it at wal mart for like $50 LIKE 6 YEARS AGO. Still pretty good. I do found the battery isn't lasting as long as it used to also I need to change the blade lol/. Replacement of the blade is around $50 so mind as well buy a new one.