REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-14-2013, 07:31 AM   #1
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Cops Giving Tickets at ESSO...

I've noticed several times over the past few months that there are often cops at the ESSO at Lougheed & Willingdon giving out tickets. Usually the officer sits behind the bushes and when the lights turn red he walks out and looks for people using their cell phones at the stop light. Then he motions them into the ESSO parking lot (where his cruiser is parked) and issues a ticket. On some occasions I've seen two cruisers parked in ESSO.

What I'm wondering is why would an operator of a small business (like a gas station) put up with this? You gotta think it's bad for business to have officers giving out tickets while using your parking lot as a "base of operations".
Advertisement
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2013, 07:37 AM   #2
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

There is also cops on motorcycles camped at the ESSO @ Burrard and Broadway all the time. They pull people over and return to their original position behind bushes as well.
jaemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:48 AM   #3
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
I've also seen them at the Lougheed and Willingdon Esso watching for HOV/right-turn-only cheats coming up Willingdon.

Couple thoughts on why the operator "puts up with this":
1. He may get a kick of watching assholes get tickets
2. He may get more business from people who've been pulled over and decide to pop in for a bag of chips afterward
3. He probably doesn't have a choice, as he doesn't actually own the property... kinda like the whole DPS Rage thing, the store owners may not like it, but they probably don't have a lot of say in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:32 AM   #4
Need my Daily Fix of RS

4. Store owner might not even be present and whoever is working doesn't give two shits because 420YOLOSWAG

Also, I've seen these guys standing in the island hiding behind the concrete segments. They even pulled a BMW over and had him drive up onto the island from the left turn only lane to give him a ticket
123654123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:51 AM   #5
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

They also hide behind the large cement pillars that hold up the sky train tracks at that intersection. Its a long light and people always pull out there phones to check messages and boom a cop pops out of nowhere and you get a ticket.
I assume the business cant do anything about it.
VR6GTI is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2013, 09:02 AM   #6
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
I got busted at a red light on Willingdon and Canada Way, they hide at that Chevron quite often as well..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2013, 09:02 AM   #7
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123654123 View Post
4. Store owner might not even be present and whoever is working doesn't give two shits because 420YOLOSWAG

Also, I've seen these guys standing in the island hiding behind the concrete segments. They even pulled a BMW over and had him drive up onto the island from the left turn only lane to give him a ticket
They pull you over saying your too low.. then they tell you to drive up onto the island.. if you can't or refuse.. they'll give you a ticket/VI for being "too low."

They sit where-ever the fuck they want.. Your a business owner and you tell them to expect them to laugh at you when you call saying someone just robbed your store.

Police.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-14-2013, 09:03 AM   #8
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
I got busted at a red light on Willingdon and Canada Way, they hide at that Chevron quite often as well..
Or at the Shell watching for HOV/right turn cheaters.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2013, 09:04 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
Police.
Note to self: if looking for a car to steal, choose melloman's, because you know he'll never call the cops.
Quote:
Old 11-14-2013, 09:35 AM   #10
I'm invisible

I saw the same thing yesterday around 1130 in the morning in Richmond on the corner of Garden City and Westminster. One RCMP was just sitting at the corner and looking around. After the intersection there were 2 other RCMP pulling over the people who were using the phones at the intersection.
Posted via RS Mobile
Edison_Chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:41 AM   #11
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
Just before Clark on Hastings heading west bound. Getting those cellphone users and bus lane users

SLK AMG cut me off and then got pulled into the lot for using the bus lane
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:57 AM   #12
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
Yeah I got caught there too.

Most common one I see is behind the sky train pillars Lougheed and Willingdon

They also hide going up the hill (Southbound) Boundary at Kingsway.
Posted via RS Mobile
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2013, 10:04 AM   #13
GG
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

most retarded law ever

if people cant multi task by holding a phone while driving than certainly they cant drive stick

cuz anything in their hand other than steering wheel is gonna make them crash, well hell they might as well as deserve to drive themself into the wall. because they shouldnt be driving in the first place

this is one of those retarded bullshit law that i can never understand, therefore not a single day have i comply with this bs. yes i use my cell everyday while driving and for the past 13 years i still remain as a road star accident free driver

i can understand texting can be dangerous, but the pigs who catch ppl while texting at a red light? wtf ? people are completely stopped, wat am i suppose to do? jack off in the car waiting for the gay ass light.? bitch plz

if people cant drive while talking on phone, than clearly they shouldnt be allowed to carry passengers. They are a distraction ex:listening music

BJ, make up, are all suicide missions
n terms of public safety
GG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-14-2013, 10:09 AM   #14

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
I get what you're trying to say but comparing driving stick and using a cellphone is a bit silly.

When was the last time you stared at your stick (huehuehue) while changing gears?
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:14 AM   #15
GG

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman View Post
I get what you're trying to say but comparing driving stick and using a cellphone is a bit silly.

When was the last time you stared at your stick (huehuehue) while changing gears?

sometimes once in a blue moon i do look down, forget what gear im in

talking on cell u can do voice dial, and just hold it against ur phone. so 99.9999999% of the time u are looking forward, not looking at ur crotch if u get my drift

people need to learn how to fucking drive, not make up some bs law and try to milk us aka the bullshit that towing the owners vehicle when u do 120km. Americans must be laughing their ass off at us with this speeeedddddd killlllls whore shit

Last edited by GG; 11-14-2013 at 10:19 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2013, 10:14 AM   #16
I am Hook'd on RS

i totally agree with you but some people cant drive while talking to passengers, and its more dangerous if they are on phone.
the law is for those drivers can not multi task

i find its funny some people thought its legal to talk on speaker phone while driving
fearlesss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:17 AM   #17
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,695 Times in 1,625 Posts
This also happens at North Road @ Lougheed Hwy.

Cops camp out in the Wings parking lot and just wander around traffic looking for cell phone users lol
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:23 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG View Post
cuz anything in their hand other than steering wheel is gonna make them crash, well hell they might as well as deserve to drive themself into the wall. because they shouldnt be driving in the first place
Nobody gives a shit if you drive into a wall all by yourself.

Unless that wall belongs to a Tom Hortons downtown, then the owners of that wall might give a shit... and the people sitting inside...
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2013, 10:24 AM   #19
GG

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearlesss View Post
i totally agree with you but some people cant drive while talking to passengers, and its more dangerous if they are on phone.
the law is for those drivers can not multi task

i find its funny some people thought its legal to talk on speaker phone while driving

i have a friend who is like tat, needless to say...i do not ride with her. not in a million years

this is the thing, fucking implant the driver license PROPERLY. So we dont have joe blow driving into restaurants, and fucking 7 eleven. My point is there are a million things that can distract you. Its not just talking on cell/text that is dangerous

I spend 2 hrs + a day on the road, i witness all kinds of fucked up shit

putting on make up, eating with both hands, change clothes, listening music in a really loud manner, changing lane without signaling/shoulder check etc etc etc the list goes on
Old 11-14-2013, 10:26 AM   #20
GG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Nobody gives a shit if you drive into a wall all by yourself.

Unless that wall belongs to a Tom Hortons downtown, then the owners of that wall might give a shit... and the people sitting inside...
do i look like i give a fuck about wat u say? mr cop wonna be on every single one of ur post

i hope u get rear end by a semi
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2013, 10:32 AM   #21

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
just my 2 cents, no one has to care, but this really aggravates me.

cops here are sleazy, hiding and popping out for something like a stopped cell phone check, don't get me wrong, i like the no cell phone use rule, but i think a little bit of common sense should prevail here, but no, the cops see it as a money grab, they are not after our best interests (which is their job, to uphold laws for the betterment of the democratic people).

in the UK, traffic cops are not plain clothes greaseballs like they are here, highway patrols are in bright coloured vehicles on raised platforms - if you get caught, it really is your fault. traffic cameras are marked - with warnings on how far away they are on street signs, again, if you get caught, your bad.

i can't stand how much of a police state we live in. i just got back from a 2 week business trip to Europe (majority in the UK), was so refreashing, driving at 80mph on the motorways, in the slow lane, being passed by people going 90mph, and cops driving at 80mph not giving a fuck about everyone driving safely and normally at a reasonable speed for the conditions - here, 10mph above the limit, you run a LARGE risk of a cop giving you a ticket, even if everyone is driving at the speed.

we do not live in a free society, our police do not have our best interests at heart, they do not ever show common sense, and apparently have money as a driving factor in their actions within their role.

this is why ppl need to travel, to see how other societies are run, for the better and worse - the cops here are some of the worst i've seen (the states is a different story, but i actually prefer them, even though most of power hungry and crazy)
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:36 AM   #22
GG

and here we have soundy the pig cock sucker gonna tell u tat hey the police is doing their job, protect and serve blah blah blah with his none sense rambling on and on

if u do 51km in the city, u go to jail bad boy
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-14-2013, 10:40 AM   #23
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Police are at both lougheed and willingdon as well as canada way at willingdon extremely often. I'm talking like every week they will be at one of these spots at some point checking people for seat belts, cell phones, red light runners, HOV lane abusers, etc.

The reason they are at these two intersections so often is because they are notorious for accidents.

At the canada way intersection, they often hide in either of the gas stations or even the BCIT parking lot, and then one officer hides somewhere and watches people.

At the lougheed intersection its much the same story I have seen them at the esso and the petro canada.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:45 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
cops here are sleazy, hiding and popping out for something like a stopped cell phone check,
And people aren't just as sleazy, looking for any way they can to skirt the law just because they don't think it should apply to them? Disputing things they know they're guilty of and tying up the courts just on the hope that the cop won't show and they can get away with it?

Quote:
don't get me wrong, i like the no cell phone use rule, but i think a little bit of common sense should prevail here, but no, the cops see it as a money grab, they are not after our best interests (which is their job, to uphold laws for the betterment of the democratic people).
People have some pretty skewed ideas of what "democratic" means these days. Hint: it doesn't mean YOU get YOUR way at the expense of everyone else. It means I can drive (or walk) safely down the street without having to worry about the chance of some texting moron running into me.

It's pretty fuckin' simple: don't do it, and you'll never have to pay into their "cash grab". Problem solved, and everyone is happier, except maybe your boyfriend who has to wait an extra few minutes for his sexting blowjob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG
and here we have soundy the pig cock sucker gonna tell u tat hey the police is doing their job, protect and serve blah blah blah with his none sense rambling on and on

if u do 51km in the city, u go to jail bad boy
All except you, of course, because we all know that NO laws apply to you, and you're allowed to do whatever the fuck you want.

(adds GG's car to the list, no way he'll ever be calling the pigs when it goes missing...)
Quote:
Old 11-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG View Post
do i look like i give a fuck about wat u say? mr cop wonna be on every single one of ur post

i hope u get rear end by a semi

Get back to me when you hit puberty.
Quote:
This post thanked by: