REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Make-A-Wish - 5 yr old cancer patient is batman for a day (https://www.revscene.net/forums/690232-make-wish-5-yr-old-cancer-patient-batman-day.html)

highfive 11-15-2013 10:48 AM

Make-A-Wish - 5 yr old cancer patient is batman for a day

I don't see a thread on this topic but I think this is the most fucking awesomest thing for a little kid.

Props to everything who participated.

5-year-old leukemia patient gets to be Batman for a day | For The Win

You can follow them on Twitter today.

Photos

punkwax 11-15-2013 11:35 AM

Great to see stories like this get widespread attention because an entire city gets on board. Bravo San Francisco.

shawnly1000 11-15-2013 01:46 PM

The White House ‏@WhiteHouse 29m
President Obama's message to #SFBatKid —> http://vine.co/v/htbdjZAPrAX

b0unce. [?] 11-15-2013 03:30 PM

such a bamf picture

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZIhouxCMAA_qgh.jpg:large

wingies 11-15-2013 03:41 PM

Am I the only one whos feeling bittersweet about this? Yes its a nice and heartwarming story, but then you think about how much effort and resources they put in for this one kid, couldnt they have better put that time to help the others who also have cancer?

dangonay 11-15-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wingies (Post 8362722)
Am I the only one whos feeling bittersweet about this? Yes its a nice and heartwarming story, but then you think about how much effort and resources they put in for this one kid, couldnt they have better put that time to help the others who also have cancer?

Yes, let's stop spending money on anything unless it's practical and helps others. No more museums, art galleries, planetariums or Science Worlds. Buildings will now have to be utilitarian in nature as it's a waste of money to do anything decorative. Schools should only teach practical subjects - no more art or music on the taxpayers dime. What a miserable world that would be to live in.

Why do you think the only one benefitting from this is just one kid? What about the countless other kids with cancer who will see this and have their spirits lifted? What about all the people who will be inspired to donate their time/money for another cause after seeing the response to this one? What about all the people of a city getting together for something good instead of bickering over their differences?

With all the crap going on in the world it's good to see something like this done. I'd say it was well worth the effort.
Posted via RS Mobile

hi-revs 11-15-2013 08:28 PM

That's pretty awesome.

CL typeS 11-15-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangonay (Post 8362864)
Yes, let's stop spending money on anything unless it's practical and helps others. No more museums, art galleries, planetariums or Science Worlds. Buildings will now have to be utilitarian in nature as it's a waste of money to do anything decorative. Schools should only teach practical subjects - no more art or music on the taxpayers dime. What a miserable world that would be to live in.

Why do you think the only one benefitting from this is just one kid? What about the countless other kids with cancer who will see this and have their spirits lifted? What about all the people who will be inspired to donate their time/money for another cause after seeing the response to this one? What about all the people of a city getting together for something good instead of bickering over their differences?

With all the crap going on in the world it's good to see something like this done. I'd say it was well worth the effort.
Posted via RS Mobile

For arguements sake I think it could go both ways, other kids may think that "how come I wasnt chosen? How come I dont get to be my favorite superhero?" "what make him so special?" But ultimately, I do think it was great to see this happen and it helps restore that little bit of faith in humanity to see things like this

bloodmack 11-16-2013 03:30 AM

it don't matter to me. One persons life would be made and one is better than none. Money is an object.

quasi 11-16-2013 06:37 AM

It didn't just make this kids day better it made everybody who participated have a good day. It brought awareness to the issues and beyond that I'm betting more then 50 million million people (I've seen it on facebook and in the Province you know it's gone viral ) have seen this article/news story and it's brought a smile to there faces as well. It's not like the idea is a one off, it's the whole premiss of the make a wish foundation and they help tons of kids every year have there dreams come true.

BBMme 11-16-2013 08:10 AM

Good for them, it's pretty amazing
Posted via RS Mobile