REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-15-2013, 10:48 AM   #1
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
Make-A-Wish - 5 yr old cancer patient is batman for a day

I don't see a thread on this topic but I think this is the most fucking awesomest thing for a little kid.

Props to everything who participated.

5-year-old leukemia patient gets to be Batman for a day | For The Win

You can follow them on Twitter today.

Photos
Advertisement
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #2
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,038 Times in 2,075 Posts
Great to see stories like this get widespread attention because an entire city gets on board. Bravo San Francisco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:46 PM   #3
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
The White House ‏@WhiteHouse 29m
President Obama's message to #SFBatKid —> http://vine.co/v/htbdjZAPrAX
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:30 PM   #4
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
such a bamf picture

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
b0unce. [?] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:41 PM   #5
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Am I the only one whos feeling bittersweet about this? Yes its a nice and heartwarming story, but then you think about how much effort and resources they put in for this one kid, couldnt they have better put that time to help the others who also have cancer?
wingies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:08 PM   #6
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingies View Post
Am I the only one whos feeling bittersweet about this? Yes its a nice and heartwarming story, but then you think about how much effort and resources they put in for this one kid, couldnt they have better put that time to help the others who also have cancer?
Yes, let's stop spending money on anything unless it's practical and helps others. No more museums, art galleries, planetariums or Science Worlds. Buildings will now have to be utilitarian in nature as it's a waste of money to do anything decorative. Schools should only teach practical subjects - no more art or music on the taxpayers dime. What a miserable world that would be to live in.

Why do you think the only one benefitting from this is just one kid? What about the countless other kids with cancer who will see this and have their spirits lifted? What about all the people who will be inspired to donate their time/money for another cause after seeing the response to this one? What about all the people of a city getting together for something good instead of bickering over their differences?

With all the crap going on in the world it's good to see something like this done. I'd say it was well worth the effort.
Posted via RS Mobile
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:28 PM   #7
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

That's pretty awesome.
hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:27 PM   #8
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangonay View Post
Yes, let's stop spending money on anything unless it's practical and helps others. No more museums, art galleries, planetariums or Science Worlds. Buildings will now have to be utilitarian in nature as it's a waste of money to do anything decorative. Schools should only teach practical subjects - no more art or music on the taxpayers dime. What a miserable world that would be to live in.

Why do you think the only one benefitting from this is just one kid? What about the countless other kids with cancer who will see this and have their spirits lifted? What about all the people who will be inspired to donate their time/money for another cause after seeing the response to this one? What about all the people of a city getting together for something good instead of bickering over their differences?

With all the crap going on in the world it's good to see something like this done. I'd say it was well worth the effort.
Posted via RS Mobile
For arguements sake I think it could go both ways, other kids may think that "how come I wasnt chosen? How come I dont get to be my favorite superhero?" "what make him so special?" But ultimately, I do think it was great to see this happen and it helps restore that little bit of faith in humanity to see things like this
CL typeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:30 AM   #9
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
it don't matter to me. One persons life would be made and one is better than none. Money is an object.
[23-08, 13:17] nabs i've gripped ice boy's shaft before
Quote:
[26-08, 13:50] Jesusjuice is this a sports car forum? why are there so many hondas?
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:37 AM   #10
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
It didn't just make this kids day better it made everybody who participated have a good day. It brought awareness to the issues and beyond that I'm betting more then 50 million million people (I've seen it on facebook and in the Province you know it's gone viral ) have seen this article/news story and it's brought a smile to there faces as well. It's not like the idea is a one off, it's the whole premiss of the make a wish foundation and they help tons of kids every year have there dreams come true.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:10 AM   #11
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Good for them, it's pretty amazing
Posted via RS Mobile
BBMme is offline   Reply With Quote