REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech

Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Suspension components, brakes, Wheels and Tires. All things related to how your car handles...

Old 11-17-2013, 08:16 AM   #1
I am Hook'd on RS

2013 Honda Accord tpms

Hello Everyone

With winter around the corner,I decided to pick up some rims,and tires at Costco.Since the Michelin snow tires are on sale.Anyhow I asked about the tpms for my rims.They said that they didn't have anything listed.So I called Happy Honda and asked them thinking Costco hadn't received that information yet.To my surprise Happy Honda also didn't have that information either.....wth. I'm thinking how could be,since when I bought my vehicle it came with it ing: Anyhow if anyone has any info please reply
Advertisement
Gsxrghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:31 AM   #2
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsxrghostrider View Post
Hello Everyone

With winter around the corner,I decided to pick up some rims,and tires at Costco.Since the Michelin snow tires are on sale.Anyhow I asked about the tpms for my rims.They said that they didn't have anything listed.So I called Happy Honda and asked them thinking Costco hadn't received that information yet.To my surprise Happy Honda also didn't have that information either.....wth. I'm thinking how could be,since when I bought my vehicle it came with it ing: Anyhow if anyone has any info please reply

lol found out why no one has any info on this.

2013 - 2014 Honda Accord TPMS System | How To Recalibrate Patty Peck Honda

Standard on all 2013 Honda Accords and up is a new type of Tire Pressure Monitoring System, or TPMS for short. The system uses the vehicle’s ABS wheel sensors to calculate air pressure based on wheel rotation. This system is designed to keep you in touch with your tires inflation by giving you a visual warning on the instrument panel if it suspects air pressure has dropped a significant level.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:49 AM   #3
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,399 Times in 396 Posts
Winter set + TPMS =
v_tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:48 PM   #4
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

That's right, theres no more metal sensors in the wheels, making it easier for installers dealing with and improving longevity (corroding sensors causing tire leaks), seized valve cores, and impact damage.

When you buy your set of winter tires, make sure you calibrate it either on the display in Tire settings or if you have a lower trim model there should be a button under the dash of the driver side.
dn53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:51 AM   #5
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dn53 View Post
That's right, theres no more metal sensors in the wheels, making it easier for installers dealing with and improving longevity (corroding sensors causing tire leaks), seized valve cores, and impact damage.

When you buy your set of winter tires, make sure you calibrate it either on the display in Tire settings or if you have a lower trim model there should be a button under the dash of the driver side.
Thanks Dn53. I'll make sure to do that.