REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Off-duty NYPD officer half beaten to death (https://www.revscene.net/forums/690340-off-duty-nypd-officer-half-beaten-death.html)

bicboi 11-18-2013 04:53 PM

Off-duty NYPD officer half beaten to death

Warning video is NSFW.

Quote:

SOUTH RICHMOND HILL (WABC) -- An NYPD officer remains hospitalized in critical but stable condition Monday after he was attacked outside a bar in Queens.

Sergeant Mohammed Deen is in a medically-induced coma at Jamaica Hospital.

The incident happened outside St. John's Express restaurant on Liberty Avenue near Lefferts Boulevard in South Richmond Hill, and it was caught on cell phone video.

Eyewitnesses were horrified and called 911 as the suspect, identified as Hayden Holder, tried to run away from the scene. He was picked up by plain clothes officers nearby.
The brutality of the attack was stunning, so violent that only parts of it can be shown.

The officer's wife witnessed the attack, watching helplessly from the couple's BMW as Holder struck Deen with his fists and then punched him repeatedly after a dispute.

Witnesses say Holder tried to get at her, as well, punching the car's windows while Deen lay unconscious on the street.

The 29-year-old Holder, of Queens, was arrested and charged with attempted murder and felony assault.

Deen is an 18-year veteran of the NYPD and is currently assigned to the 32nd Precinct in Harlem.

(Copyright ©2013 WABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

snails 11-18-2013 04:58 PM

WTF IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!

did no one think to step in? the guy looked fucking dead

this shit put me in a bad mood

:seriously:

Hondaracer 11-18-2013 05:00 PM

ay yay yay

bicboi 11-18-2013 05:01 PM

he dun goof'd, didn't know that the guy was an 18 year veteran with the nypd

threezero 11-18-2013 05:05 PM

so will he get harsher sentence because he assaulted an officer? or does it no count when he is off duty? poor wife just ditch the cop and lock herself in the car

Drow 11-18-2013 05:06 PM

Suspect Arraigned In Beating Of Off-Duty NYPD Cop « CBS New York

suspect pleads he was drunk and has zero recollection of what happened

jesus christ.

Soundy 11-18-2013 05:13 PM

In b4 Chuckles posts some PressTV videos explaining why the cop deserved it... :seriously:

Harvey Specter 11-18-2013 05:15 PM

I bet every cop in that court room wanted a few minutes of a "alone" time with the suspect.

4x4runner 11-18-2013 05:42 PM

I wonder what caused the fight.

Even if the cop was being cocky with cop attitude, I have to say that was way over kill. And fuck all those bitches that let it happen, girls stepped in to stop it while the guys screaming nothing but "oh shit , worldstar, worldstar." seriously stfu f******.

SpuGen 11-18-2013 06:18 PM

He's gonna get raaaaaaaaped.

hal0g0dv2 11-18-2013 06:28 PM

fuk that was brutal to watch, fucking guy filming is just as bad.
cut that fuckers hands off

Zedbra 11-18-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpuGen (Post 8364577)
He's gonna get raaaaaaaaped.

He'll have a little 'alone' time arranged in the joint, for sure.

That was too much - I didn't like watching it. When a guy is out cold, you're done. Walk away.

Spidey 11-18-2013 06:36 PM

how the hell is the guy allowed to walk back and forth OVER AND OVER after the initial assault? I mean seriously? I don't want to pull the whole USA vs Canada crap, but I highly doubt ANYONE in the streets of Vancouver would let that continue. The cop was one punched and out cold. That is probably the positive that came out of it, he never felt anything after the initial hit. Seriously. The streets were packed with people and vehicles, and the only person that seemed to step in was a female in the beginning and one guy at the very end.

GGnoRE 11-18-2013 06:46 PM

^ Diffusion of responsibility... the ones that step up in those situations are the real heroes

mr_chin 11-18-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spidey (Post 8364597)
how the hell is the guy allowed to walk back and forth OVER AND OVER after the initial assault? I mean seriously? I don't want to pull the whole USA vs Canada crap, but I highly doubt ANYONE in the streets of Vancouver would let that continue. The cop was one punched and out cold. That is probably the positive that came out of it, he never felt anything after the initial hit. Seriously. The streets were packed with people and vehicles, and the only person that seemed to step in was a female in the beginning and one guy at the very end.

I'm going to go technical here. If anyone stepped in, got in a feud with this dude, chances are that he could have gotten away (from the person stepping in) and he probably wouldn't have gotten arrested. Everything was laid out for this dude that lead to the result. The outcome of someone stepping in would made little difference to the off duty police officer.

But these are probabilities and that we know what the result is now.

Instead of thinking who should of stepped in, think of him being in prison for the next 10 - 20 years (I don't know Washington law) for attempted murder.

StylinRed 11-18-2013 06:52 PM

he didn't hit him a lot at all i think we've all seen worse videos from world star, i thought there would be more to the video given the description, but then when the camera zoomed in on the officers face...my god

edit wtf are you guys morons? shocked that im shocked at the damage inflicted? :crazy2:

multicartual 11-18-2013 06:55 PM

Whenever I see fights happen outside of Brooklyn in Gastown I always yell "World star" from my window

Like 15 fucking persians slapped the shit out of each other a weekend or two ago

Jmac 11-18-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 (Post 8364587)
fuk that was brutal to watch, fucking guy filming is just as bad.
cut that fuckers hands off

This world needs a Seinfeld law ...

Spidey 11-18-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_chin (Post 8364610)
I'm going to go technical here. If anyone stepped in, got in a feud with this dude, chances are that he could have gotten away (from the person stepping in) and he probably wouldn't have gotten arrested. Everything was laid out for this dude that lead to the result. The outcome of someone stepping in would made little difference to the off duty police officer.

But these are probabilities and that we know what the result is now.

Instead of thinking who should of stepped in, think of him being in prison for the next 10 - 20 years (I don't know Washington law) for attempted murder.

that is true, but what if he got away? even with the video footage, you wouldn't be able to identify the guy since you can't even see his face. It's good he got caught, but being in the moment, I don't know how someone could watch this go down and do nothing. Yes the guy was pretty jacked but there were probably easily 10 guys around the area who could have pinned him down while the cops were called.

Regardless, there is nothing that can be done now the fatal blow was the initial one, and he probably smoked his dead on the concrete after the first punch. Unless there is more footage that shows more than just punches to the face.

is350 11-18-2013 07:26 PM

Felt really bad after watching the video, the countless punches are really unnecessary, but I'm curious like others as what caused the fight, you can see in the beginning, the cop was walking away from the dude... The cop was pretty jacked too with tattoos. Drives a bimmer too...

Grandmaster TSE 11-18-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 8364611)
he didn't hit him a lot at all i think we've all seen worse videos from world star, i thought there would be more to the video given the description, but then when the camera zoomed in on the officers face...my god

might not have hit him a lot, but the fact that he was out cold and took full force hits to the head against the ground will mess anyone up

bicboi 11-18-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 8364611)

apparently the worst parts were cut from the video...

multicartual 11-18-2013 07:45 PM

In any street confrontation you must assume that the bogey will always, always try and sucker punch you

mr_chin 11-18-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

The charges against Hayden Holder also include assault and were handed out during a Monday court appearance for the 29-year-old who is accused of beating off-duty cop Mohammed Deen, 40, outside a Queens bar on Sunday. Deen is being treated for multiple facial fractures, cranial bleeding and a brain hemorrhage. Holder faces 25 years in prison if convicted and is currently on suicide watch.

Read more: Man accused of beating off-duty cop charged with attempted murder - NY Daily News
Man accused of beating off-duty cop charged with attempted murder - NY Daily News

His ego got the best of him.

ziggyx 11-18-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snails (Post 8364491)
WTF IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!

did no one think to step in? the guy looked fucking dead

this shit put me in a bad mood

:seriously:

This might just be me but if I were there I would try to diffuse the situation or yell stop... but seeing how big he is (i'm a small guy) and how he fucked that guy up, I don't think I would really want to step in and possibly put myself in danger too... Probably same thoughts as other onlookers.

But yeah to the people who are just laughing and saying world star are pretty bad.