REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-26-2013, 05:32 PM   #51
I subscribe to Revscene

I would imagine knowing the right newton pounds of force to knock someone out and actually testing it on a human is good survival mechanism when living in one of Americas poverty hell holes.
After running into an old elementary friend at the 420 Marijuana celebrations and later walking around downtown with his group (all one ethnicity different from me), we rested by a side street. The girls had gone to the bathroom and it was my old friend and his buddy.
Then his buddy taunted me by taking away my eye glasses... and after seeing he couldnt provoke me in anyway he accused me of being a possible narc... soon after he changed his posture, confronted me and landed a pretty hard punch to the side of my head. I stood my ground and was ready to fight back but seeing he stopped his aggressive behavior, his reasoning was to test me if we were to fight (unnamed ethnicity) boys.
So I can see how this group violence and testing of the pack is readying the youth for the enviable confrontations that they'll face in these fuck up societies that we live in.
Advertisement
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-26-2013, 05:54 PM   #52
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
I would imagine knowing the right newton pounds of force to knock someone out and actually testing it on a human is good survival mechanism when living in one of Americas poverty hell holes.
After running into an old elementary friend at the 420 Marijuana celebrations and later walking around downtown with his group (all one ethnicity different from me), we rested by a side street. The girls had gone to the bathroom and it was my old friend and his buddy.
Then his buddy taunted me by taking away my eye glasses... and after seeing he couldnt provoke me in anyway he accused me of being a possible narc... soon after he changed his posture, confronted me and landed a pretty hard punch to the side of my head. I stood my ground and was ready to fight back but seeing he stopped his aggressive behavior, his reasoning was to test me if we were to fight (unnamed ethnicity) boys.
So I can see how this group violence and testing of the pack is readying the youth for the enviable confrontations that they'll face in these fuck up societies that we live in.
No, they're not preparing themselves for a looming dystopic future. wtf?

They're kids with shitty, uneducated parents that never taught them how to be proper human beings.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:59 PM   #53
I subscribe to Revscene

These improper human beings are having to face other improper human beings though... and this isnt just a parenting fault... its the whole social, economic and American\Hollywood cultural society that has resulted in this.
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
This post thanked by:
Old 11-26-2013, 06:19 PM   #54
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
After running into an old elementary friend at the 420 Marijuana celebrations and later walking around downtown with his group

As someone who enjoys marijuana I'd like to say the 4/20 event at the art gallery is basically a fucking loser convention to be avoided AT ALL COSTS
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:27 PM   #55
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,185 Times in 304 Posts
Canadian guy knocked out in New York

Video: Ottawa man falls victim to the 'knockout game' - The Globe and Mail

A car can be only 2 out of the 3.
xpl0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:41 PM   #56
My homepage has been set to RS

Ugh, disgusting.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:03 PM   #57
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I'd like to see how they'd feel if I shoved a studded dildo up their ass and jizzed in their face and said "bro chill it's just a joke"
Kidnapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 11:49 PM   #58
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts

Stumbled upon this on YouTube. Thought I'd share to lighten up the mood a bit.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 12:15 AM   #59
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,063 Times in 308 Posts
how is this even funny..

everyone that got interviewed were like "its just a game, we know your not supposed to do it but we do it anyways"

they almost made it sound like its okay.
zilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 01:38 AM   #60
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Quote:
These improper human beings are having to face other improper human beings though... and this isnt just a parenting fault... its the whole social, economic and American\Hollywood cultural society that has resulted in this.
I wouldn't go so far as to say Hollywood is to blame. That's pretty much going with the same logic as violent video games turns kids into killers.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:20 AM   #61
I subscribe to Revscene

Sure it does, specially the juvenile that are really impressionable at that age... many intellectuals acknowledge this. This one minute statement really sums it all up.
1:15-2:00

Top 10 Ways Television Influences Peoples Behaviour
1 Violence on television distorts violence as being good and acceptable. American children watch approximately 4 hours of television a day. Regrettably, today’s television programming is violent and influences children’s behavior and views on violence. Many studies have shown children becoming immune and numb to violence, acceptant of violence as a way to resolve problems and wanting to imitate what they observe on television.
Top 10 Ways Television Influences Peoples Behaviour | Watercooler Topics
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
Old 11-29-2013, 09:58 AM   #62
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
I wouldn't go so far as to say Hollywood is to blame. That's pretty much going with the same logic as violent video games turns kids into killers.
thats right. i think the problem is based on the parents and peers; we are influenced primarily by these when we're young, and they define our perception what's normal/abnormal, right/wrong. so shitty parents and shitty friends can fuck kids up. So if you let the tv babysit your kid, live with the consequences. although abit more complex discussion is needed..."monkey see, monkey do" explains it all.
ajei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:59 AM   #63
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
I think you figured the streets out
"You gotta control your smiles and cries, because that's all you have and nobody can take that away from you"
ajei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:41 AM   #64
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
pretty sure grand theft auto caused this.... also, stay the fuck away from ratchet areas in the US

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:41 AM   #65
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Sure it does, specially the juvenile that are really impressionable at that age... many intellectuals acknowledge this. This one minute statement really sums it all up.
1:15-2:00
Second Intl. Conference on Hollywoodism in Iran - YouTube

Top 10 Ways Television Influences Peoples Behaviour
1 Violence on television distorts violence as being good and acceptable. American children watch approximately 4 hours of television a day. Regrettably, today’s television programming is violent and influences children’s behavior and views on violence. Many studies have shown children becoming immune and numb to violence, acceptant of violence as a way to resolve problems and wanting to imitate what they observe on television.
Top 10 Ways Television Influences Peoples Behaviour | Watercooler Topics
lol i know you're a troll but that is fucking retarded.

people back then were 10000% times more violent without tvs. executions were huge public spectacles, violence was accepted a natural part of society and economics and basically a tool like any other etc

why the fuck are we trying to throw out bullshit explanations for somebodies shitty behavior? if someones a fuckhead, they just are due to circumstances and/or their psychology. no need to psychoanalyze this shit
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:45 AM   #66
I subscribe to Revscene

Really now, so tell us more about how teenagers were as violent and without such morals before 30-40 years ago.
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
Old 11-29-2013, 12:28 PM   #67
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Really now, so tell us more about how teenagers were as violent and without such morals before 30-40 years ago.
Military use of children - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

man take any basic history course...think about how spartans, mongols, and the norse children were raised
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 12:45 PM   #68
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
Quote:
It makes my day happier, knowing someone has punched you in the head. Thanks for sharing!
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2013, 12:53 PM   #69
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vicious View Post
Military use of children - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

man take any basic history course...think about how spartans, mongols, and the norse children were raised
If you throw a small dog in a room and start beating it with a stick, it too will try to defend itself... even in the states kids as young as 18 are recruited in the military and teens in the ghetto are killing each other for turf and to make money... But this is not the same level of unmoral violence the knockout kids are dishing out.

As I said before, its a combination of things, but the media does have a great hand in it too.

Eazy-E gives us glimpse into the gang environment with this song.
Spoiler!
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 11-29-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:46 AM   #70
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
Ugh... possible 'knockout' in Bellingham:
A friend`s brother was knocked out a couple weeks ago in Vancouver. He spent a few days in hospital, was paralyzed for a bit, then moved on to getting regular seizures with brain swelling. His condition has stabilized now, but he can still barely walk, constant pain in the head beyond what meds can do, pretty much needs to have an ice pack strapped to his head just to manage the pain. Obviously cant work and pay his bills and will likely be MONTHS before he can even start to get his life back in order.

Douchebag punk wasnt even smart enough to do it in a spot where there were no security cameras. Police are investigating the matter
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2013, 09:44 AM   #71
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
A friend`s brother was knocked out a couple weeks ago in Vancouver. He spent a few days in hospital, was paralyzed for a bit, then moved on to getting regular seizures with brain swelling. His condition has stabilized now, but he can still barely walk, constant pain in the head beyond what meds can do, pretty much needs to have an ice pack strapped to his head just to manage the pain. Obviously cant work and pay his bills and will likely be MONTHS before he can even start to get his life back in order.

Douchebag punk wasnt even smart enough to do it in a spot where there were no security cameras. Police are investigating the matter
hope the fucker is caught. asshats like that punk deserve to be put in jail and bunk with a big burly man whos in there for life, hungry for sex and with nothing to lose.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:21 PM   #72
RS controls my life!

Bet he didn't see that coming..
jtrinh is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2013, 07:57 PM   #73
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
^yeah, saw that earlier today. Instant Karma, indeed.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:04 PM   #74
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
anyone who plays this game IMO....should have the Life taken away from them....i wouldn't feel anything....that guy holding the camera is just another accomplice too saying "C'mon dude..c'mon" waiting for it to go down.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:39 PM   #75
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/knock-o...arge-1.2476856

Quote:
'Knockout game' attack leads to hate crime charge
Associated Press
By MICHAEL GRACZYK 5 hours ago

HOUSTON (AP) — A white Houston-area man was arrested Thursday on federal hate crimes charges for allegedly shooting video of himself sucker-punching a 79-year-old black man in a "knockout game"-style attack.

Conrad Alvin Barrett, 27, made a brief appearance before U.S. Magistrate Judge Frances Stacy, who scheduled a detention hearing for the Katy man on Friday.

According to prosecutors, the attack happened Nov. 24 in Katy, but it wasn't until 12 days later that authorities connected the attack to the cellphone video of it.

Authorities learned of the case because Barrett allegedly showed the video on the night of the attack to an off-duty arson investigator he had just met at a restaurant in nearby Folshear. According to the criminal complaint, Barrett asked the off-duty investigator and the woman with the investigator if they knew about the knockout game. He told them he played earlier that day, then showed them the video, prosecutors allege.

The investigator then flagged down a uniformed officer across the street and led him to Barrett.

The attack video doesn't show Barrett's face, but investigators matched his voice to the voice in the video and the couple at the restaurant told investigators that Barrett was wearing the same shorts and shoes at the person who shot the video.

According to prosecutors, the video shows Barrett approach the victim and ask, "How's it going, man?" A "loud smack" is then heard, the victim falls to the ground, Barrett laughs and says, "Knockout." The assailant then flees in his vehicle.

The victim lost three teeth and needed surgery to repair his jaw, which had been broken in two places. He was hospitalized for more than four days, authorities said.

Investigators retrieved other videos from Barrett's phone, including some in which he uses racial epithets and talks about trying to work up the courage to play the knockout game, the complaint states. In one, Barrett says: "That plan is to see if I were to hit a black person, would this be nationally televised?"

U.S. Attorney Kenneth Magidson said Thursday that such crimes won't be tolerated.

"Evidence of hate crimes will be vigorously investigated and prosecuted with the assistance of all our partners to the fullest extent of the law," Magidson said.

Barrett's attorney, George Parnham, said Barrett has bipolar disorder and has been prescribed heavy medications to treat it. He said Barrett's family "feels horribly sympathetic" for the person who was attacked.

"When you start peeling back the layers of the onion and look at the mindset behind the action you soon realize there's a mental issue," said Parnham, who added that he's trying to gather as much information about Barrett's mental health as possible.

If convicted of the hate crime charge, Barrett could be sentenced to up to 10 years in prison and fined up to $250,000.

Last edited by Speed2K; 12-26-2013 at 11:46 PM.
Speed2K is offline   Reply With Quote