REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-20-2013, 07:46 PM   #51
Banned By Establishment

inb4 people start saying westopher and I are just bum buddies, sucking each other cocks and shit. which is not true as we dont know each other.

alot of you guys prob dont even "OWN" a dog and are just listening to what your "friends" say or your family members say etc etc.

you guys really need to look up wether what you hear is true or not instead of just hopping on to your keyboard and start blurring non-sense out.

media love to use Pitbulls, something about the Pits that just BUGS them so much they want to demolish them.

I hate how they have to be Muzzled and leashed at all times in public, and they need to be in a 'confined' area even in your own back yard. yeah, that means a BIG CAGE. now this applies to burnaby, I believe in vancouver the Pits does not need to be muzzled, correct me if I m wrong westopher.

back in the days 'vicious dogs' were german shepherds and mastiff? I cant remember them out the top of my head, but now days every incident is pinned to pitbulls, so I dont think this pitbull vicious dog era will ever change now.

I would love to one day see chihuahuas labeled as vicious dogs. just because their so small and they bite like a little bitch makes them un-vicious or un-aggressive.
Advertisement
4x4runner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-20-2013, 07:48 PM   #52
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,814 Times in 8,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
The propensity for aggression is bred out with greater veracity than annoying traits, like baying. The breeders of Golden Retrievers, Labrador Retrievers, Poodles and other traditionally hunting breeds have bred out almost all aggression as they've become contemporary companion animals. The good breeders of Pit Bulls, and the base stock, English Bulldogs, French Bulldogs, and Boston Terriers have also bred out aggression as they've become contemporary companion animals. The average levels of aggression are thus similar. At least that's my experience. The rare bad breeders who promote aggression in Pit Bulls give the entire breed a bad name, unfortunately.

The breeds where limiting aggression has not been a priority are toy breeds, like Mini-Poodles, Chiwawas, Pomeranians, and Cocker Spaniels. They're the most mean in my experience.
So it CAN be the breed.. that's what I was wondering
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:54 PM   #53
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
I'm not scared of any dog nor do I dislike any bread of dog, but pitbulls obviously have a reputation for a reason
Posted via RS Mobile
Pitbulls are just the flavour on the decade. In the past, the breeds people feared the most varied from rotties, great danes, german shepards, bulldogs, dobermans, etc. My mom used to own a german shepard/doberman cross and it was one of the sweetest dogs I've ever known.

Now... dogs you should be on the look out are breeds like the wolf-dog hybrid (purely because it still has part of the wolf genetics and all the fun stuff that comes along with it) and the chow chow (seriously lol).

The problem is that while a chihuahua might be more aggressive and attack someone more often, you can kick the dog off your leg with relative ease. A larger dog that might only attack in self defense will have a harder grip and, often, is more intelligent than their smaller cousins, so it has the wits to attack you in your more vulnerable spots.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2013, 07:56 PM   #54
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Blame it on the a a a a a alcohol
Posted via RS Mobile
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:58 PM   #55
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Pitbulls are awesome when they are trained properly. My friend's pitbull is one of the friendliest and sweetest dogs I've ever seen.
MaaaadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #56
Banned By Establishment

Halo, your in the wrong thread.

I believe you belong in the workout thread and enhanced thread.

Blame it on the GGGGGGGGG GEAR.
4x4runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:01 PM   #57
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,162 Times in 7,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4runner View Post

I hate how they have to be Muzzled and leashed at all times in public, and they need to be in a 'confined' area even in your own back yard. yeah, that means a BIG CAGE. now this applies to burnaby, I believe in vancouver the Pits does not need to be muzzled, correct me if I m wrong westopher.
There is no breed specific regulations in vancouver. Aggressive dogs are only defined as any dog with a history or current visual signs of aggression. I take my dog off leash occasionally in off leash parks, and he has never worn a muzzle. He is a pitbull/german shepard but thats neither here nor there, just a tidbit of info. People need to understand these dogs are just dogs, and individuals are just that. Each dog has its own brain, and its own behavioural characteristics based on genetics and its upbringing. The same nature vs. nurture shit we learned about in elementary school people seem to forget when it comes to animals other than humans.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2013, 08:02 PM   #58
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Shit yeah so much gear forgot what thread i was in
Fuk people with muscles are so stupid
Sorry guys
Posted via RS Mobile
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #59
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,830 Times in 233 Posts
nsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2013, 08:15 PM   #60
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
I honestly dont see how a Dog is bred OUT of aggression.

a dog is like a baby, how could a baby be born and first thing on its mind is "I m gonna grow up to hunt, kill, herd"

unless someone could give me scientific proof that a Dog can be bred into killing and all that I dont believe it.
This is difficult to write in basic and concise terms.

DNA is passed on from parent bodies to child bodies, including human to baby and dog to puppy.

DNA determines the structure and arrangement of bodies and body systems, including human brains and dog brains.

The basic arrangement of the neurons in a dog's brains is thereby genetically pre-determined by its parents. I say basic because neurons respond to environmental influence (training) later in life, too.

The basic arrangement of neurons determines qualities such as an instinct to herd and aggression.

A dog with aggressive DNA will then pass on aggressiveness to its puppies.

DNA also has a half-life with declining influence with successive generations.

The stressing or avoidance of DNA (through selective breeding) that determines aggressiveness can thereby increase or decrease the quality.

Scientific proof of this is plentiful.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #61
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Here's an interesting fact: The American Pit Bull is approved as a therapy dog.

I think that in itself proves something...
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #62
I STILL don't get it

Posted via RS Mobile
djstyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:34 PM   #63

Thanked 31,162 Times in 7,154 Posts
Someone is obviously pretending to be skinnypupp in the comments on the article, because i know from his posts he doesn't hate dogs
Quote:
SkinnyPupp says:
Good riddance,I hate dogs to begin with and hate pitbulls even more,the owners of those dogs are no better either.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2013, 08:45 PM   #64
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,068 Times in 358 Posts
thanks doge
roflwaffle604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:46 PM   #65
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
such thanks doge
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2013, 09:15 PM   #66
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,110 Times in 602 Posts
that's just an unfortunate situation for both dog owners. any dog can be out of control if not properly trained or taken care of or socialized.
Loved my pit Eddy RIP but he sure wasn't even half as aggressive as my akitas Loy Fuk and Loy Fat (RIP) and fuck me...my sharpei Cullen now, he's such a loyal one pack(family) animal that his alert and protection instinct makes him seem the most aggressive dog in the world.
If I was the old man with the pug I know would've done the same thing except i'd only have keys .
If I was the woman, I definitely would've done more to prevent this tragedy.

As I am now, I always ensure my dogs(also have a maltese and a toy poo) short leashed around other dogs just in case because I know my dogs temperament and do all I can to make sure everyone is safe especially themselves.

And as funny as it sounds if a dog ever bit down on your dog stick your finger (or anything for that matter...and no nabs not what you think ) in the attacking dog's asshole, it definitely works
BUT once you do be prepared to face the dog head on as it will change it's focus onto you.
such thanks doge.
mk1freak is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2013, 09:37 PM   #67
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,814 Times in 8,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Someone is obviously pretending to be skinnypupp in the comments on the article, because i know from his posts he doesn't hate dogs
Wow someone has issues
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:45 PM   #68
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
That is quite the offer, thank you. I don't think I would be able to though, I get pretty anxious whenever I see them. Maybe one day, but I don't think that day will be anytime soon =/
Look at all the vicious....

Spoiler!

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2013, 09:52 PM   #69
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,068 Times in 358 Posts
lol once again, goodnight sweet prince. rip in peace xilley

edit: olawd nvm zilley has returned
roflwaffle604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:45 PM   #70
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
Couple years ago we were dogsitting and walking the two german shepherds, an offleash pitbull made a beeline for us. The sheps turned on "don't fuck with us" mode, and the pitbull turned around.

Probably the smartest thing that dog did.
+1 on this i was walking my rottwiler a couple years ago and a pit and another rottweiler hopped a fence n ran after us i ended up letting go of my dog picking up a rock n charged the rottweiler my dog charged the pit bull to some it all up the other rottweiler ran off and the pitbull and my rottweiler wrestled for like 15sec before the pitbull ran back home. damn dog probably saved my life
dee242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:43 AM   #71

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
[edit] I did have no problem with this guy stabbing the dog but if what's being said now of the dog being off leash well the pitbull was leashed I take it back. [/edit]

I have a bully breed, an English Staffordshire bull terrier. This dog is stupid gentle, I've had him 11 years including the whole life span of my kid. My kid can step on him, pull his tail, pull his ears poke him in the eyes stick his hand in his mouth and he won't do anything except lick or walk away. I still believe it's mostly about the owner and how the dog was raised and socialized.

My guy is nearing the end of his lifespan, actually goes in for surgery tomorrow hoping to prolong it a bit. We love these guys to death, bring your dog up right and it will be a loving and friendly dog with no problems. I've had so many dogs growing up all kinds of breeds, this is by far the best one I've ever owned.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa

Last edited by quasi; 11-21-2013 at 09:54 AM.
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:06 AM   #72
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,063 Times in 308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee242 View Post
+1 on this i was walking my rottwiler a couple years ago and a pit and another rottweiler hopped a fence n ran after us i ended up letting go of my dog picking up a rock n charged the rottweiler my dog charged the pit bull to some it all up the other rottweiler ran off and the pitbull and my rottweiler wrestled for like 15sec before the pitbull ran back home. damn dog probably saved my life
Damn, that was hard to read.
zilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:11 AM   #73
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
I don't agree with just profiling a pitbull as "bad" to the point where they need to be banned.
But I think your lack of knowledge is affecting your reasoning.

Quote:
I honestly dont see how a Dog is bred OUT of aggression.

a dog is like a baby, how could a baby be born and first thing on its mind is "I m gonna grow up to hunt, kill, herd"

unless someone could give me scientific proof that a Dog can be bred into killing and all that I dont believe it.

You're kidding me right?
Dogs as you know them were bred to become how they are now.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_of_the_domestic_dog
Dogs used to look like this:

Now they can look like this:

Clearly they look different. That little white thing wouldn't last a week in the wild.
Now are you telling me they behave the same?

Show dogs, herding dogs, hunting and guard dogs were specifically bred for their purposes. For their looks, coats, breeding qualities, intelligence and natural behaviors. Selective breeding further accentuates a desired quality, this is how you have things such as purebreds.

If you know anything about dogs, then you will know you can have entirely different behaviors out of the exact same breed of dog simply because of the breeding programs of their lineage.

This is why you can have a fluffy looking Samoyed be all well behaved around your family, but elsewhere in the world, they are still used as herding dogs.

You can take those dog's kids, raise them the same way, and they will have entirely different propensities to certain behaviors.
One will be a derpy lapdog, and the other one will tear your furniture to bits because it needs to be worked.

Same goes for breeding for aggression.

This is why you have fighting dog breeds
Dog fighting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and guard dog breeds
Guard dog - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They weren't bred for being cute.
They were selectively bred to kick ass and take names.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2013, 09:24 AM   #74
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
letter posted on facebook by the apparant owner of the pit. spoilered for length

Spoiler!

Posted via RS Mobile
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:34 AM   #75
Old School RS

Thanked 3,947 Times in 1,202 Posts
I think it's pretty awesome he writes that whole thing and yet doesn't mention once or even take a HINT of responsibility about the fact that HIS DOG had another dog's NECK in his mouth.

I wasn't there and can't say for sure what would have happened, but it seems pretty likely based on the fact that the pug went for emergency surgery that there is a pretty good chance that a little more time could have meant the end for the pug.

How Pandora killing an old man's pug is somehow less of a tragedy than the old man killing Pandora to save his pug doesn't really make sense to me...

Mark