REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Man stabs pitbull to death - Kits Beach (https://www.revscene.net/forums/690412-man-stabs-pitbull-death-kits-beach.html)

Presto 11-20-2013 03:43 PM

Man stabs pitbull to death - Kits Beach

Quote:

VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) – A pitbull has been stabbed to death on Kitsilano Beach.

Vancouver Police say a 72-year-old man was walking his pug at around 1 p.m. when he was approached by a woman who was walking a pitbull.

The pitbull bit down on the pug’s neck and couldn’t be seperated.

Police say the man pulled out a folding knife and stabbed the pitbull, killing it. The pug was rushed to a veterinary hospital and recieved stiches to its neck.

Both the man and woman are cooperating with investigators and no charges are being considered at this time.
http://www.news1130.com/2013/11/20/p...on-kits-beach/
Even though I don't like 'em, I'm glad his pug survived. He saved his dog.

Bahhbeehhaaaa 11-20-2013 03:48 PM

i hate pits..

subordinate 11-20-2013 03:54 PM

That's one badass 72 year old.

4doorVIP 11-20-2013 03:57 PM

this man has true grit
http://www.slantmagazine.com/assets/film/truegrit.jpg

trancehead 11-20-2013 04:00 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_U84fPuQrKz...t-eastwood.jpg

GabAlmighty 11-20-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bahhbeehhaaaa (Post 8365950)
i hate pits..

I hate you

Lowered_Klass 11-20-2013 04:01 PM

I would do the same to save my dog...

But I hate how this will ultimately turn into a pitbull bashing topic. Which is fucking retarded, because they can be a great, well mannered, family dog.

Spoiler!

mb_ 11-20-2013 04:21 PM

When I first saw the headline I was "WTF?!?!" but as I read the story, I totally understand why he did it and don't blame him for it. I'd do the same if I had a dog that was being attacked by another dog.

SkinnyPupp 11-20-2013 04:27 PM

If that girl was walking a German Shepard or a Doberman or any other breed, assuming she trains and treats that dog 100% the same, I wonder if the same thing would have happened?

CRS 11-20-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8365976)
If that girl was walking a German Shepard or a Doberman or any other breed, assuming she trains and treats that dog 100% the same, I wonder if the same thing would have happened?

It probably would.

Dogs, regardless of breed, are reflections of their owner(s).

fliptuner 11-20-2013 04:37 PM

There aren't enough details to determine who's at fault but I can tell you right now, one or both of the owners fucked up.

More than likely, the pug owner had way too much slack on the leash or the PB should've had a muzzle on.

Moral of the story: control your fucking dogs.

PeanutButter 11-20-2013 04:46 PM

Hate is a strong word.

For me, I am scared of pitt bulls, dobermans, bull dogs, rottweilers, and boxers. Only because they are more aggressive breeds by nature and I don't trust the people walking these dogs as a lot of owners of these dogs are lazy and have not trained their dogs properly.

It's just hard for me to like these dogs when i'm afraid of what these dogs can do to me, especially if they are not trained properly. I have had a really bad experience with a doberman and a rottweiler, so whenever I see either of them I get pretty scared.

parm104 11-20-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICE BOY (Post 8365986)
There aren't enough details to determine who's at fault but I can tell you right now, one or both of the owners fucked up.

More than likely, the pug owner had way too much slack on the leash or the PB should've had a muzzle on.

Moral of the story: control your fucking dogs.

Hmm, also possible that the small dog was off leash too. Many small dog owners don't leash up their little dogs where I go for walks.

Pure speculation, only time will tell. It's too bad cause the pity's life could've been sparred if only his owner had some control on him. Can't imagine my dog getting out of control like that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeanutButter (Post 8365994)
Hate is a strong word.

For me, I am scared of pitt bulls, dobermans, bull dogs, rottweilers, and boxers. Only because they are more aggressive breeds by nature and I don't trust the people walking these dogs as a lot of owners of these dogs are lazy and have not trained their dogs properly.

It's just hard for me to like these dogs when i'm afraid of what these dogs can do to me, especially if they are not trained properly. I have had a really bad experience with a doberman and a rottweiler, so whenever I see either of them I get pretty scared.

He's ignorant, you're not lol. Let him hate...watch him get bit by a poodle one of these days lol.

Yodamaster 11-20-2013 04:56 PM

A pet is an extension of your family, and I would kill someone if they tried to murder one of my relatives.

Nlkko 11-20-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8365976)

It would. Shepherd, Doberman, Rotweiler. Doesn't matter. See those tiny dogs that mount and chomp on each others? Well same shit, except the pit has the mean to unleash damages.

boatcaptain 11-20-2013 04:59 PM

i thot pitbul require to wear a mouth guard when they are in public
Posted via RS Mobile

fliptuner 11-20-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeanutButter (Post 8365994)
Hate is a strong word.

If you want to get over that fear, come meet my Rottie.

As Nlkko posted, small dogs get away with more shit cause they can't cause as much damage. Admittedly, I'm more strict with my Rottie than I am with my Yorkie.

SkinnyPupp 11-20-2013 05:07 PM

The thing about pitbulls is that they were bred as catch dogs (which is why they have been used as fighting dogs since pretty much the beginning).

Just like any dog breed, they can make a wonderful pet. But every breed has their own personality traits. Tracking dogs will try to track all the time, herding dogs will try to herd everything, bay dogs will try to corner or tree animals and start baying, etc.

Catch dogs will try to 'catch' things - IE grab onto its neck and not let go. Pitbulls are inherently going to 'catch' other animals, which has to be specifically trained against. I don't think you'd have to train a poodle not to grab onto a pug's neck if it comes across one.

4444 11-20-2013 05:11 PM

I bet this was a horrid thing for the old fella to do - to see your dog get attacked is horrific, to be a lover of dogs and have to stab one to death must have been horrific to do.

I really feel for the old man, sorry the pit bull had to die (though you can't blame any actions), glad the pug will be ok

Great68 11-20-2013 05:18 PM

Couple years ago we were dogsitting and walking the two german shepherds, an offleash pitbull made a beeline for us. The sheps turned on "don't fuck with us" mode, and the pitbull turned around.

Probably the smartest thing that dog did.

PeanutButter 11-20-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICE BOY (Post 8366016)
If you want to get over that fear, come meet my Rottie.

As Nlkko posted, small dogs get away with more shit cause they can't cause as much damage. Admittedly, I'm more strict with my Rottie than I am with my Yorkie.

That is quite the offer, thank you. I don't think I would be able to though, I get pretty anxious whenever I see them. Maybe one day, but I don't think that day will be anytime soon =/

T4RAWR 11-20-2013 05:30 PM

not as bad ass as this guy:

Canoeist stabs bear to death in Ontario - Canada - CBC News

Lomac 11-20-2013 05:34 PM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...03433062_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...68275945_o.jpg

Yup, pure terror machine right there.

And my pitt bull is pretty fierce as well.

4x4runner 11-20-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bahhbeehhaaaa (Post 8365950)
i hate pits..

FUCK YOU FAGGIT, I dont give a Fuck if I get banned for calling you a Faggit.

thats the most ignorant Shit to say.

I own two pits and their the most charming dogs I ve ever owned.

you can go FUCK YOURSELF.

I feel bad for both sides of this, but I seriously dont know how I would react to a man stabbing my dog.

RIP to the Pit.

dangonay 11-20-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS (Post 8365985)
Dogs, regardless of breed, are reflections of their owner(s).

Partially agree. How a dog is raised/trained has a huge impact on how they behave.

That said, dogs are still animals. And all breeds of dogs (like any animal) have certain characteristics. Even well trained/well behaved animals can have "lapses" where they could act in a manner not intended/desired by well-meaning owners.

And as mentioned, when a breed like a pit bull has a "lapse" things can get ugly pretty quickly, and much worse than other breeds. That said, I'm not in favor of banning pit bulls or anything draconian like that. It's just too bad so many assholes are allowed to own them.