REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Received a 'Notice of Intent to Prohibit'. Help! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/690681-received-notice-intent-prohibit-help.html)

Jegz 11-27-2013 08:16 PM

Received a 'Notice of Intent to Prohibit'. Help!

Ok so long story short, I haven't been the best driver on the road :okay:. I have received a few speeding tickets and also a previous 7 day prohibtion due to blowing a 'WARN' after a night of few drinks. Since then, I learnt my lesson and improved my driving on the road.

Today, I received a Notice of Intent to Prohibit letter dated November 20, to suspend my license for four months. They gave me two options :

Option 1 - Accept driving prohibition
or
Option 2 - Request a Review of the decision to Prohibit

I am planning to write a letter explaining myself; however to anyone who has went through this before, I'm curious in what you have wrote and perhaps what helped change the sentence (What they like to hear). I'll write in the letter that I fully acknowledge in what I've done wrong and accept the prohibition but ask for a shorter sentence instead.

I'm planning to just start my prohibition now to get it over with as I need my license more next year. When I hand in my request, how long will it be until I receive the review? And lastly, is it likely to get my suspension reduced from 4 months to 2 months?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

zulutango 11-27-2013 08:35 PM

I suggest you contact the people who wrote you the letter and ask them these questions, rather than base you decisions on an internet forum. For them to reduce your suspension period from 4 months, based on several speeding tickets and a roadside suspension for borderline impaired driving, you would have to come up with quite a reason to get them to drop it down. Keep mind that they have heard just about eveything you can imagine as an excuse.

dared3vil0 11-27-2013 08:37 PM

Zulu, kinda off subject, but do the Breathalyzers just show "WARN" "FAIL" or "PASS", or do you actually get a reading? (i.e 0.00)

Drow 11-27-2013 10:17 PM

i got banned 4 months from getting too many tickets a few years ago

i also tried to appeal it, wrote a letter saying i'm super sorry, irresponsible, need a car for work in order to support myself and others, anything and everything you could think of to tickle that reader's g-spot

but nope still got banned 4 months

dared3vil0 11-27-2013 10:38 PM

Oh, you were "super sorry" that'll sure fix it!

Jegz 11-27-2013 10:39 PM

dared3vil0: They just show a WARN or FAIL.

Drow I guess its how you say it and your story. How long was your letter btw? Planning to write an essay for this one hahaha

Drow 11-27-2013 10:43 PM

it was like a 2 page essay :p

and srs i wrote it in a style where its hard to not shed any mercy on my poor soul

dared3vil0 11-27-2013 10:43 PM

^ Post a copy!

Btw are you your sig pic?

Jegz 11-27-2013 10:55 PM

Yea she is ask for her # bro

fishCak3s 11-27-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jegglez (Post 8370988)
dared3vil0: They just show a WARN or FAIL.

Drow I guess its how you say it and your story. How long was your letter btw? Planning to write an essay for this one hahaha

I have been asked for a sample before, the one they used on me gave a reading.

dared3vil0 11-27-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jegglez (Post 8371003)
Yea she is ask for her # bro

Some random chick (20 bucks says it's a dude) who i've never met before? Nah bro, i'll pass.

Nlkko 11-27-2013 11:10 PM

If your livelihood doesn't depend on driving then you should just eat the sentence, immediately turn in your license. Why waste time and money on appealing? 4 months go by faster than you'd think.

Jegz 11-27-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nlkko (Post 8371018)
If your livelihood doesn't depend on driving then you should just eat the sentence, immediately turn in your license. Why waste time and money on appealing? 4 months go by faster than you'd think.

I am turning my license in immediately but at the same time will appeal. My livelihood actually does depend on my license :okay:

rsx 11-27-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dared3vil0 (Post 8370916)
Zulu, kinda off subject, but do the Breathalyzers just show "WARN" "FAIL" or "PASS", or do you actually get a reading? (i.e 0.00)

Usually roadblocks have the pass/fail. If you fail, they take you down to the station to give you a proper one. And I mean proper, they'll test you twice with a break in the middle so they can get accurate numbers.

Not a fun experience.

Jayboogz 11-27-2013 11:59 PM

lawyer if you got cash.

zulutango 11-28-2013 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dared3vil0 (Post 8370916)

Breathalyzers...AKA "Datamasters" do show actual readings. They are back at the Police station. The RSDs I used at roadside just showed a light that was green for under .5, yellow warn for .5 to .8 and red fail for over .8 . There may be models now that give the actual readings in numbers but I have not used them.

BrRsn 11-28-2013 08:06 AM

this just in....
scientists at UCLA confirm that humans do indeed only live once

FUCK it OP
grabbin asses, smashin gears, punchin pedals .. thats what lifes about bro. Those 10 seconds or less, I'm free.

keep doin what u doin bruv, aint no piggies genna stawp us

Spidey 11-28-2013 08:30 AM

Approved Screening Devices that are used by the RCMP show digital readings (anything under a warn), Warn, or Fail. Digital readings are used because class 7 driver's should not have any alcohol in their system, therefore a "pass" would mean nothing to the Officer even if the class 7 driver has some alcohol in their system. Off the top of my head, WARN is set to 0.06-0.09, and FAIL is set to .10+. As you can see, they are set higher to give the driver the benefit of the doubt. So if you blow a FAIL, really, you are clearly above the legal limit.

http://drivesmartbc.ca/category/tags...driving?page=4

zulutango 11-28-2013 01:09 PM

Thanks for the update Spidey. The ones I used up till 2009 just had the 3 lights...mind you,the first ones I used were the "Alerts'...those orange dinosaurs in a padded box.

ecchiecchi 11-28-2013 01:35 PM

Don't bother writing a letter. I haven't heard of a case where they changed their minds.

Just start serving your time and save yourself the fee for review.

GGnoRE 11-28-2013 01:45 PM

The reviewer probably reads the first paragraph and if it sounds similar to the 99.9999% of other letters they probably dismiss it immediately.

Spidey 11-28-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GGnoRE (Post 8371264)
The reviewer probably reads the first paragraph and if it sounds similar to the 99.9999% of other letters they probably dismiss it immediately.

If I were the reviewer, I wouldn't even read the letters. Prohibitions, aside from IRPs, are served because of the driver's history of bad driving. The offences are already on your record, which means you plead guilty to those offences. If you plead guilty to the those offences, and kept committing infractions, then you obviously have no remorse for your actions and/or don't care about the safety of other drivers around you. A driving needing their vehicle for work etc isn't a reason to have a Prohibition reversed, imo. They should have thought about that before they committed their 5th or 6th or 100th infraction of the year.

Drow 11-28-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dared3vil0 (Post 8370992)
^ Post a copy!

Btw are you your sig pic?

I wish i still had it but it got destroyed alongside my old desktop

I wish i was my sig pic, then id molest myself all day

Jegz 11-28-2013 06:52 PM

Thanks guys, lots of optimism here. Well then, I'll start my letter now and let you guys know know when they reduce my prohibition sentence :fullofwin:

ecchiecchi 11-28-2013 07:36 PM

Your call- let us know if they increase it. :fullofwin: