REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 12-04-2013, 09:18 AM   #1
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Cheap take-out food for 20+ people

Hi guys,

I'm coordinating some sort of business events without any profit and the number of attendees for each event is 20 to 50 - they pay covers. Most of the events start in the evening so dinner should be provided and I always face financial problem in preparing food for those people. Which is the best restaurant providing more food by less bucks in Vancouver, Burnaby and Coquitlam area? Preferred food is Manchu wok style Asian food and sushi rolls.

Thanks in advance
Advertisement
DevonYoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
Kent's Kitchen
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:24 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnly1000 View Post
Kent's Kitchen
do they charge by pound?
Old 12-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #4
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

If you want okay sushi, with big portions, go samurai sushi. Call them and ask them about their big orders.
axxess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:58 PM   #5
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Sushi Garden has reasonable pricing on generic Korean-made sushi. They're in a few locations in Burnaby and Coquitlam.

Westernized Chinese food can be a problem for that many people. If Kent's Kitchen is too pricey, you can always try asking a restaurant how much it would cost to provide a handful of dishes in bulk. I'm sure most restaurants won't refuse a bulk order.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
Sushi Garden has reasonable pricing on generic Korean-made sushi. They're in a few locations in Burnaby and Coquitlam.

Westernized Chinese food can be a problem for that many people. If Kent's Kitchen is too pricey, you can always try asking a restaurant how much it would cost to provide a handful of dishes in bulk. I'm sure most restaurants won't refuse a bulk order.
Ive tried Sushi Garden before. Their food and price are decent. But they don't have party plate menu and they are toooo busy to make it on time :S
Old 12-06-2013, 08:10 AM   #7
HELP ME PLS!!!

richmond public market for cheaaaaaap food.

*its not the size of your army that matters; it's the fury of it's onslaught!*

█♣█
carisear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:34 AM   #8
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
I'd probably try crystal mall food courts. They also have a Chinese BBQ place downstairs if you want some variety.

Sushi isn't going to offer you a lot of bang for buck. But Sushi Garden's a good choice for cheap sushi. It's a personal pet peeve. But I always hated mixing cuisines, they rarely work.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:51 AM   #9
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,110 Times in 602 Posts
+1 rpm
Captain wah always good cheap eats for parties.... I use them all the time for potlucks
mk1freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:44 PM   #10
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Hit up my friends restaurant on Hastings, Fung Sing Cafe 604.251.3322. Just finished a party of 25 $220 tax in. Ask for Cliff, and tell him Honda sent you. 6 large trays of food (Yung Chow Fried Rice, House Special Chow Mein, Sweet and Sour Pork, Deep fried cod with cream sauce, Spaghetti with Meat Sauce, Chicken Fingers and Caesar Salad).
Old 12-15-2013, 07:56 PM   #11
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

+1 rpm, go through the doors on the 2nd floor to the food court and 2nd on your left. the shanghai chow mein like the huge aluminum tray was 15bucks iirc
wingies is offline   Reply With Quote