REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Non-REVscene Social Meets (https://www.revscene.net/forums/non-revscene-social-meets_199/)
-   -   Clothing Drive (https://www.revscene.net/forums/690920-clothing-drive.html)

saucywoman 12-05-2013 01:06 PM

Clothing Drive

https://www.facebook.com/events/1789...ilter=upcoming

With the cold weather upon us and a lot of us more fortunate than some, I figure we should give back to our community and RevScene.net is pleased to partner with one of our sponsors Sounds Good Audio to hold this clothing drive.

I am asking for your donations of coats, toques, mitts, gloves, scarves, wool socks, sweaters. Also, new packaged underwear for both men and women I read earlier today is something that is highly overlooked. I'm not saying go out and spend a lot of money on new clothing, but inexpensive underwear would be much appreciated; think Stupidstore, Walmart, Target.

I know it sucks to drive far distances or out of Vancouver :p, but this is for a great cause :) Sounds Good is just off Highway 1, beside the Ikea in Coquitlam so it could be mainly highway driving.

Hope to see you there

Jas29 12-05-2013 07:56 PM

What kind of truck are you looking for pickup truck or bigger?

orgasm_donor 12-05-2013 09:12 PM

SoundsGood is at

#3-910 Tupper Avenue
Coquitlam

See y'all there!

saucywoman 12-05-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orgasm_donor (Post 8376317)
SoundsGood is at

#3-910 Tupper Avenue
Coquitlam

See y'all there!

Right by the Ikea, just off the highway... So it's not that bad of a drive, for such a good cause..

Update to the event We will also be collection donations for the Vancouver Food Bank. For all updates, to confirm your attendance, and spam the shit outta your friends please visit the facebook even page

https://www.facebook.com/events/1789...ilter=upcoming

saucywoman 12-09-2013 06:20 AM

If you haven't already done so, please support and share this event.. If you wish to donate but can't make it out this day, message me and I can meet around Vancouver

Remember that NEW men and women's underwear is the biggest overlooked and needed item

Thanks guys :)
Posted via RS Mobile

Jas29 12-09-2013 10:05 PM

I can meet in surrey

saucywoman 12-10-2013 07:49 AM

jas if you're in surrey, come out to meet ;)

that's a little further than I want to drive as I need to conserve gas for a bit :(

Jas29 12-10-2013 03:44 PM

whoops i meant i can meet people in surrey to pick up items for donating

I'll be there on sunday

saucywoman 12-10-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jas29 (Post 8379558)
whoops i meant i can meet people in surrey to pick up items for donating

I'll be there on sunday

Sweet! Thank you for your support :)
Posted via RS Mobile

miss_crayon 12-13-2013 11:19 AM

Some "food" for thought:

$5 can purchase 1 week of food for 1 person
$15 can purchase 1 week of food for a FAMILY

VFB has the buying power of $3 per each $1 for every monetary donation. The $5 Starbucks you have everyday can already feed 7 days worth of food for one person. Lets come together and help each other out!!

Jas29 12-13-2013 01:52 PM

Saucywoman are you going to be collecting money there?

saucywoman 12-13-2013 04:44 PM

Yes we will be collecting food and money donations for the Vancouver Food Bank. I will get back to you on who will be doing this on Sunday ;) lol

MG1 12-14-2013 06:30 PM

I'm in........ are we having a pre-meet at Ikea?

I will buy everyone who shows up between 9:30 am (when they open) and 10:00 am a cup of coffee. It's also dollar breakfast, so you cheap Asians............. jews, scotts, etc, have no excuse.

saucywoman 12-14-2013 06:42 PM

Ohenry and I will be there about 1030.
Posted via RS Mobile

saucywoman 12-14-2013 07:27 PM

Huge thank you today goes out to Masashi81/ u-lok storage and peanut butter jelly time. Thanks to the donations of these two today, my car was stuffed full with donations and I had to make an unplanned drop off today.

Originally my choice of recipient was the covenant house but yesterday I was made aware of The Living Room and ended up driving past it on my way to find out if the Covenant House was open or not since they weren't answering their phones. Being inside there, interacting with the dtes population this is the place that encompasses exactly what I set out to do with this drive.

The people there were so appreciative of these items so I would like to say thank you to these two members ahead of the actual drive
Posted via RS Mobile

MG1 12-14-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saucywoman (Post 8382190)
Huge thank you today goes out to Masashi81/ u-lok storage and peanut butter jelly time. Thanks to the donations of these two today, my car was stuffed full with donations and I had to make an unplanned drop off today.

Originally my choice of recipient was the covenant house but yesterday I was made aware of The Living Room and ended up driving past it on my way to find out if the Covenant House was open or not since they weren't answering their phones. Being inside there, interacting with the dtes population this is the place that encompasses exactly what I set out to do with this drive.

The people there were so appreciative of these items so I would like to say thank you to these two members ahead of the actual drive
Posted via RS Mobile

Yes, must thank the two next time I come across one of their posts.

lilaznviper 12-14-2013 11:46 PM

reminds me i have to go get some undies before i meet up with MG1

MG1 12-14-2013 11:53 PM

Superstore, open 24 hours........

saucywoman 12-15-2013 07:56 AM

Yay :) thanks. We will see you in just over an hour
Posted via RS Mobile

Jas29 12-15-2013 09:58 AM

I'm heading down now
Posted via RS Mobile

saucywoman 12-15-2013 10:41 AM

No worries it's from 12-3 :) or sooner if not a lot of people show lol
Posted via RS Mobile

fliptuner 12-15-2013 02:48 PM

Good meat. Thanks for the soup.

Jas29 12-15-2013 03:19 PM

^^ no problem
Posted via RS Mobile

saucywoman 12-15-2013 06:04 PM

Great meet guys. Thanks for coming to donate, and sticking around for an hour or 3 just to chat lol... Thanks to Orgasm Donor and Keith of Sounds Good for allowing me to hold this event at their shop as well as the monetary donation to the Vancouver Food Bank.

Thanks to OHenry, Nabs, Rb, NR, lilaznviper, MG1, jas29, ice boy and gf, Orgasm Donor, Mrs Orgasm Donor, and Grandma Orgasm Donor lol, Orgasm Donor's neighbours and Keith of Sounds Good we collected another car load of clothing, I would say a box full of assorted food for the food bank, as well as $200 to donate; if my calculations are correct that's a $600 buying power.

I hope I didn't forget anyone. I appreciate all of you for what you gave today :heartsmile:

Inaii 12-15-2013 06:09 PM

Saucy, if we couldn't make it out today (no car will do that) is there a way to donate in the future in Revscene's name?