REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 12-06-2013, 08:32 PM   #1
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Tooth Abscess

So my mom has been on antibiotics (500mg of amoxicillin) for 3 days to fight the infection, but shes constantly in pain. She went to see the dentist to drain out the abscess. It seems like it jsut keeps coming back. She says the pain keeps getting unbearable. I am worried since this can cause brain abscess.

Anyone have any remedies at home or any suggestions?

Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:46 PM   #2
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
antibiotics SHOULD do the trick.. and it was cleaned out by the dentist too.. I would go back to the dentist, maybe the type of AB she was prescribed isn't working. If I can remember correctly, Amoxicillin is effective for a broad spectrum of bacteria. Just because she is still in pain, does not necessarily mean it the AB isn't working.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-07-2013, 02:03 AM   #3
Ri2
Willing to stick a finger in a guys butt for the sake of science

For antibiotics, generally takes about 10 days for them to build up in your body and work most effectively. Tell her to keep taking them until they run out, and rinse her mouth as often as possible with saline (warm water and salt)...after every meal, every morning and night.

Tell her to get a second opinion, it doesn't hurt to have a fresh pair of eyes look at something the regular may have missed. Mouth pain fuckin sucks I know, so just try to be compassionate but firm. Also try warm compresses on her face where the abcess is located... it may help draw the fluid out.
[19-07, 22:39] dinosaur i have felt up ri2 before
Ri2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-07-2013, 01:14 PM   #4
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,505 Times in 4,309 Posts
Ri2,

I would love to give you a different kind of abscess.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 01:44 PM   #5
RS controls my life!

I had one once when I was much much younger and still had my kid teeth, well it basically meant that the tooth needed to come out, could be the case here, maybe tooth just died. What exactly did the dentist say ? (inb4 OP says dentist is non-licensed asian dentist working out of his spare bedroom)
eurochevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:12 AM   #6
RS controls my life!

I had one earlier this year. Ended up needing a root canal. Tooth was dying a slow death and leaking stuff into the roof of my mouth. Had the abscess drained then came back for the root canal couple days later. (which reminds me...i still have to get it crowned). Like Ri2 says, you got to finish the meds. Takes time to build up the antibodies
Old 12-13-2013, 11:11 PM   #7
Ri2
Willing to stick a finger in a guys butt for the sake of science

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Ri2,

I would love to give you a different kind of abscess.
Bring it, Dukes. I'm Ready
[19-07, 22:39] dinosaur i have felt up ri2 before
Ri2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 06:31 PM   #8
RS controls my life!

Sounds like mama needs a root canal!
---|||---|||---
---|||---|||---
---|||---|||---
----\\\-///----
-----\\///-----
------///\-----