REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-19-2014, 02:16 AM   #51
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
just noticed a new place, same concept, similar price, etc.

Xcape Vancouver - 5D Real-Life Escape Experience - Xcape Vancouver - 5D Real-Life Escape Experience
Advertisement
Old 01-19-2014, 08:38 PM   #52
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,324 Times in 249 Posts
Did anyone get through the prison? Pm me if u got through... Stuck in the second room for the pass code for the door lock...
Posted via RS Mobile
rawr is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-20-2014, 06:44 AM   #53
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,735 Times in 955 Posts
Everyone and their mom is going to start opening these like bbl tea shops. The investment to start one of these is actually pretty damn low if you think about it. It's literally a rented space with decorations. Exit is 25 bucks, this new one is 22. Then Billy Bob's is going to be $20.

If the business starts to die... just bail. All you've lost is a room full of fake spider webs.
trollface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:21 PM   #54

Exit is like $25.xx after tax. And new place is $22.xx plus tax. Works out just about the same.
Posted via RS Mobile
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:07 PM   #55
Rs has made me the man i am today!

tried Exit tonight - pretty fun, but damn it's hard.

We tried the Prison room and the very first lock is freakishly difficult. We needed a hint to get it and even then it was hard lol

The rest of the first room wasnt too bad - we ended up getting stuck in the second room before the door lock
sil-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:26 PM   #56
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
^shouldve PM'd me. Would a got u to the second room in 2 minutes

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 03:54 PM   #57
Rs has made me the man i am today!

^^ were you able to finish it?
sil-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:51 PM   #58
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
What's with the prison one? Seems like everyone in here tried that one, including myself.
And almost everyone got stuck in the 2nd room.

lol, I was hoping to get some feedback from other rooms...

Spoiler!
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:49 AM   #59

I'd highly recommend Xcape over Exit. It's cheaper and the clues are much more logical. The owner there, Stanley, actually helps you along the way. One time we were only looking at one piece of paper, and he came in and told us there was actually more than one. They genuinely want us to finish the game and have fun, unlike Exit where it feels like they just want you to fail and make you frustrated so you'd go back again.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 02-17-2014, 11:47 PM   #60
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,172 Times in 2,405 Posts
Any more feedback on this? Since an article in Metronews came out about EXIT last week, all my friends have been clamoring to go.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:29 AM   #61
My homepage has been set to RS

anyone wanna do like a revscene group thing? my friends don't seem interested in going
FatalCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 03:00 PM   #62

Would be interested possibly. But also might be difficult getting a bunch of strangers together to work together, lol
Old 02-18-2014, 06:21 PM   #63
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Seems like there are quite a few of these.

Home - Trapped Vancouver

Freeing Canada | Room Escape Reality Game Master
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:36 PM   #64
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

When I played there was a group who was playing a third round because they wanted to beat the room since they were from out of town. I came out of the Ancient Egypt game with more sand in my shoes than overall satisfaction.

Let's say there's a lot of broken stuff from goons brute forcing their way through stuff. I'd love to try Xcape though
bchizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:00 PM   #65
I STILL don't get it

Social Shopper has 3 hours left for a pretty good discount and membership deal.

https://www.socialshopper.com/vancouver_3731
Vege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:51 PM   #66
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
It took longer than I expected for this to catch on, but the concept has exploded, so many copy cats popping up, and E-exit is now perpetually busy.

Hope this business spurs on other entertainment ideas like this to start-up, it just goes to show that Vancouver needs a bigger diversity of things to do at night.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 03:44 PM   #67
RS Lurker, I don't post!

I've been to EXIT and they are $24.14 after tax. So I have no idea where you got the over $25.xx idea from...

Oh, one thing, I know nobody really cared or know much about taxes, EXIT only takes one tax (GST) and not PST whereas Xcape Vancouver take both our GST and PST into their cost. In Canada, we only pay GST for places that provides services and PST in stores or places where they are actually selling products, and of course they would have to give a report back to the government about how much taxes they've been collecting. As game facilities like EXIT and Xcape Vancouver, it's reasonable that they're taking our GST, but NOT PST. Quite a few of my friends also noticed they got charged PST too from Xcape Vancouver, it's only a matter of time when the government would find out about this act...Especially if they're taking the PST money into their own pockets...(which no one would know really)

Ever since then, Xcape Vancouver had lost all of my friends and my trust, and would never go back again; no matter how great their games are, it is quite deceiving.
mentaiko is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-13-2014, 05:19 PM   #68
THE CHAMPION OF CAPUA

^ troll from exit?
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2014, 05:32 PM   #69
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentaiko View Post
I've been to EXIT and they are $24.14 after tax. So I have no idea where you got the over $25.xx idea from...

Oh, one thing, I know nobody really cared or know much about taxes, EXIT only takes one tax (GST) and not PST whereas Xcape Vancouver take both our GST and PST into their cost. In Canada, we only pay GST for places that provides services and PST in stores or places where they are actually selling products, and of course they would have to give a report back to the government about how much taxes they've been collecting. As game facilities like EXIT and Xcape Vancouver, it's reasonable that they're taking our GST, but NOT PST. Quite a few of my friends also noticed they got charged PST too from Xcape Vancouver, it's only a matter of time when the government would find out about this act...Especially if they're taking the PST money into their own pockets...(which no one would know really)

Ever since then, Xcape Vancouver had lost all of my friends and my trust, and would never go back again; no matter how great their games are, it is quite deceiving.
Get out of here EXIT boss! Flaming your competitors in the way you did seems super shady.

If youre not the boss, then you sir are one really weird feller
z3german is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:56 PM   #70

Too bad exits customer service sucks ass
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-13-2014, 07:09 PM   #71
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
regardless whether or not he's associated with exit... he makes a point. the other places shouldn't be charging those "taxes".

if it's the game of shadiness, that guys post is far less shady than charging PST on something where you're only supposed to charge GST.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:28 PM   #72
RS Lurker, I don't post!

haha what? One post and I become the boss of exit? I WISH.

I'm just stating a fact. And I'm pretty sure that no one over here would mind spending that little extra amount of tax when they're paying, assuming most of you didn't know they're paying taxes for what reasons...I have no intention of flaming anyone, I'm merely only stating what me and my friends have noticed, and thought that you all have the rights to know about it because we're all consumers right?
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-13-2014, 07:38 PM   #73
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawr View Post
Too bad exits customer service sucks ass
Posted via RS Mobile
I don't know what exactly you've experienced in exit, but I've had pretty good customer service when I was there, and I'm sure most of the people who had been there would agree (most, not all), consider that they have a lot of regular customers, with so many people liking them on Facebook (people who didn't enjoy their experience there clearly could choose not to like them on Facebook.) Not saying the other places don't have good customer service, actually I even thought Xcape had pretty good customer service too, I was also helped by a staff called Stanley and he helped us a lot throughout our game and explained the story clearly before our game. We enjoyed our experience there too, but I just couldn't ignore the fact that they charged us an extra tax when they shouldn't have. I am only stating my personal opinion here.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-13-2014, 10:58 PM   #74
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,070 Times in 229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mentaiko View Post
haha what? One post and I become the boss of exit? I WISH.

I'm just stating a fact. And I'm pretty sure that no one over here would mind spending that little extra amount of tax when they're paying, assuming most of you didn't know they're paying taxes for what reasons...I have no intention of flaming anyone, I'm merely only stating what me and my friends have noticed, and thought that you all have the rights to know about it because we're all consumers right?
Posted via RS Mobile
well all i can say is that if you are, then i recommend you offer a RS discount and you'll get a lot more customers
Shorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:21 PM   #75
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorn View Post
well all i can say is that if you are, then i recommend you offer a RS discount and you'll get a lot more customers
Haha I'm a regular customer myself and even so I don't get any discounts, unfortunately lol
Posted via RS Mobile