REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 12-13-2013, 06:09 PM   #26
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
That's not the most ideal fender modification, if they used body filler to cover the weld, be extremely careful when removing it, or the filler could crack between the headlight bucket and the fender. I don't know who built it, but I would take a good look at the underbody for poor repair work.

You can never be too careful with these cars...

These are a couple of good places to get replacement parts

http://www.vintagerubber.com/240z.aspx

http://www.thezstore.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT
Advertisement

Last edited by Yodamaster; 12-13-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:15 PM   #27
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodamaster View Post
That's not the most ideal fender modification, if they used body filler to cover the weld, be extremely careful when removing it, or the filler could crack between the headlight bucket and the fender. I don't know who built it, but I would take a good look at the underbody for poor repair work.

You can never be too careful with these cars...
where exactly are you talking about? the front fenders?
omg260z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:18 PM   #28

The front fenders and the headlight buckets are seperate pieces on factory Z's. The previous owner has clearly decided to combine the two, how I do not know.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-13-2013, 06:20 PM   #29
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
The front fenders and the headlight buckets are seperate pieces on factory Z's. The previous owner has clearly decided to combine the two, how I do not know.
ohhh i see what you mean, ill have to take a better look but im working out of town atm. thanks for the heads up tho ill check it out
Old 12-13-2013, 06:33 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by omg260z View Post
ohhh i see what you mean, ill have to take a better look but im working out of town atm. thanks for the heads up tho ill check it out
Something else I noticed was that they installed anchors in the buckets for headlight covers (clear or solid), you could technically buy a pair and stick them on if you like the look.

Could you also take a more detailed photo of this area when you're back, it's the dogleg right in front of the rear wheel.

Old 12-13-2013, 06:38 PM   #31
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Something else I noticed was that they installed anchors in the buckets for headlight covers (clear or solid), you could technically buy a pair and stick them on if you like the look.
i like em without the cover personally. my next mod after the paintjob would be to get some nice fender flares for that fat ass look and some wheel spacers
Old 12-13-2013, 06:45 PM   #32
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:

Could you also take a more detailed photo of this area when you're back, it's the dogleg right in front of the rear wheel.

yeah ill be home in a week ill PM you. might be some rust or some body work imperfection.

it is a california car tho so there isnt very much rust. just a few small spots
Old 12-30-2013, 10:51 PM   #33
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:

hey so i took a look at the headlights and i cant even tell where the break is, its all very smooth. as for under the door is just a small rust bubble
Old 12-31-2013, 12:30 AM   #34
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
i personally like the flag on the car...goes back to the theme of having a retro japanese sports car.

I wouldn't worry about the possible negative connotations in Vancouver. You can be as PC as possible and you'll still offend someone. Those that are sensitive to it are likely the same people who will make a comparison between JAL fleets and Kamikaze fighter planes because they both have a big red dot on their wing.

sorry for derailing the thread and I could care less if I got failed.

Last edited by twitchyzero; 12-31-2013 at 12:35 AM.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-31-2013, 02:14 AM   #35
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,777 Times in 8,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post

Good because you're talking complete nonsense
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:11 PM   #36
RS controls my life!

Nice lookin ride. I had a 71 240z years ago. Ended up being an unfinished project. Had to abandon cause was getting too costly. One day i'll do it again when i have the time and money.
Whats under the hood? is that fuel injected and/or a turbo i see?
Old 01-04-2014, 03:22 PM   #37
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
i personally like the flag on the car...goes back to the theme of having a retro japanese sports car.

I wouldn't worry about the possible negative connotations in Vancouver. You can be as PC as possible and you'll still offend someone. Those that are sensitive to it are likely the same people who will make a comparison between JAL fleets and Kamikaze fighter planes because they both have a big red dot on their wing.

thanks man! i like it too but regardless its gonna have to come off with the paintjob. im gonna be putting that theme under the hood
Old 01-04-2014, 03:24 PM   #38
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck Luck View Post
Nice lookin ride. I had a 71 240z years ago. Ended up being an unfinished project. Had to abandon cause was getting too costly. One day i'll do it again when i have the time and money.
Whats under the hood? is that fuel injected and/or a turbo i see?
its an rb25det out of an r33 skyline so yeah turbo fuel injected