REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   SHERLOCK (https://www.revscene.net/forums/691247-sherlock.html)

sloansabbith 12-16-2013 05:49 PM

SHERLOCK

No, not the one with Lucy Liu. : p

Does anyone here watch the BBC Sherlock with Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman?!

I loved this show. (Aside from the Hounds of Baskerville episode...) I'm eagerly awaiting January 1 for it's return. And the finale for season two was just.....blarghhh :fuuuuu:

SkinnyPupp 12-16-2013 06:15 PM

I watched it after people raved about it for months... But I didn't like it at all. The mysteries are really dumb, and while Watson is OK, none of the other characters are interesting or likeable.

StylinRed 12-16-2013 06:50 PM

^^^wtf -_-

eagerly anticipating the return of the show too shame it won't be until Jan 1st there's going to be a sneak peek on christmas though

SkinnyPupp 12-16-2013 06:53 PM

It's like watching a show from the 1970's, but in HD... except not a good show form the 1970's...

bloodline129 12-16-2013 07:00 PM

Can't wait for the season finale... Wish they had more episodes per season though lol
Posted via RS Mobile

sloansabbith 12-16-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8383373)
I watched it after people raved about it for months... But I didn't like it at all. The mysteries are really dumb, and while Watson is OK, none of the other characters are interesting or likeable.

Perception and reception are subjective, so to each their own : )

Regardless, I love Benedict Cumberbatch. and British humour/dark humour... Blackadder and the like. : p

But I hear you. I had friends hype up The Wire, after a few episodes I wanted to call it quits. It was slow. It was not my cup of tea to say the least. But I have this incessant need to know what happens to a storyline, and I went through the entire series in 2 weeks. By far one of my favourite shows to date!!

sloansabbith 12-16-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloodline129 (Post 8383414)
Can't wait for the season finale... Wish they had more episodes per season though lol
Posted via RS Mobile

I know! Three episodes per season is not enough!

But with the male leads becoming more and more popular in the industry, I don't see them finding time to film more episodes for Sherlock : (

sloansabbith 12-16-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 8383406)
^^^wtf -_-

eagerly anticipating the return of the show too shame it won't be until Jan 1st there's going to be a sneak peek on christmas though

I think I'm going to skip the teaser. I feel we've waited long enough, and that time alone has been a damn tease. haha. I'm sure the teaser will be good though!

KingDeeCee 12-16-2013 08:10 PM

Is it still 3 episodes this coming season?

How does it work? Once per week?

SkinnyPupp 12-16-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sloansabbith (Post 8383480)
Perception and reception are subjective, so to each their own : )

Regardless, I love Benedict Cumberbatch. and British humour/dark humour... Blackadder and the like. : p

But I hear you. I had friends hype up The Wire, after a few episodes I wanted to call it quits. It was slow. It was not my cup of tea to say the least. But I have this incessant need to know what happens to a storyline, and I went through the entire series in 2 weeks. By far one of my favourite shows to date!!

It could be the british humor. I can't think of any british shows I like, except Top Gear (although even that has been shitty the last 2-3 "series")

sloansabbith 12-16-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

The second episode and third episodes will air on January 5th and January 12th, meaning that UK Sherlock fans will get two episodes in one week to make up for the two year wait.
source: BBC Confirms 'Sherlock' Season 3 UK Premiere Date & Releases Official Synopsis

January 1 for ep 1.

Of course these are all BBC dates : ) I think 3 episodes per season is not only habitual of the series, but a characteristic of it. As far as I've read, there doesn't seem to be more coming...someone correct me if I'm wrong??

sloansabbith 12-16-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8383501)
It could be the british humor. I can't think of any british shows I like, except Top Gear (although even that has been shitty the last 2-3 "series")

haha. I think that's a safe deduction. You'd be hard pressed to find a British show you will like then...

side bar: I do recommend The Wire though. (not Brit tv. American). Seriously great tv.

StylinRed 12-16-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sloansabbith (Post 8383485)
I think I'm going to skip the teaser. I feel we've waited long enough, and that time alone has been a damn tease. haha. I'm sure the teaser will be good though!

im hearing that its a prequel to season 3 not a sneak peek so don't miss it :)

Shorn 12-17-2013 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sloansabbith (Post 8383509)
haha. I think that's a safe deduction.

now you even talk like sherlock..

sloansabbith 12-17-2013 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shorn (Post 8383711)
now you even talk like sherlock..

;):haha:

Nlkko 12-17-2013 11:27 AM

It's a great show. Rewatched it a couple of time already. Each episode is precise and to the point. There are no useless extra details included. Each is a mini-movie in its own right. The mysteries are dumb? Seriously? You are certainly not a fan of Doyle's Sherlock either then. The script is clever incorporating the original stories with its own interpretation.

I find it much better than the majority of US shows which drag on and on. They are dreadful.
Posted via RS Mobile

jonwon 12-25-2013 02:07 PM

YESSSSSSSSSSSs

StylinRed 12-26-2013 03:14 AM

aww i just watched it in SD -_- stupid bbciplayer

Nlkko 12-26-2013 04:40 AM

Premiering on BBC-One Jan 1 st. Where can we watch it in Canada?

Ikkaku 12-26-2013 07:13 AM

I CAN'T WAIT!

that was a pretty good teaser

StylinRed 12-26-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nlkko (Post 8388801)
Premiering on BBC-One Jan 1 st. Where can we watch it in Canada?

bbciplayer you'll need to use a vpn or download the eps

other than that it airs in NA on Jan 19th

Nlkko 12-28-2013 02:18 AM

Anyone know if the hola unblocker would work as VPN. Screw waiting until the 19th lol.

StylinRed 12-28-2013 02:32 AM

don't know but i imagine so

i use unblockus for us sites but it works on bbciplayer too use it to watch top gear when it airs :)

Nlkko 12-28-2013 11:56 PM

Yo hola unblocker are free. Works on Netflix. I used to pay for unblockus.

zetazeta 01-01-2014 07:46 PM

I use mediahint add-on for chrome. It's not in chrome playstore, you have to download it from their website but it works wonders for hulu as well as bbc iplayer.

Great ep, looking forward to the weeks to come :D