REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   deodorant (https://www.revscene.net/forums/691268-deodorant.html)

stewie 12-17-2013 10:55 AM

deodorant

for as long as I can remember, ive been using the same deodorant. old spice red zone antiperspirant. I remember when I first started using it, it was a gel type deodorant, but now its shifted to a solid white stick.

anyways, basically I use it because it works damn well, however, like all white stick antiperspirants, you get the white pit stains on shirts that don't come out (read it was from the zinc it in?)

does anyone here use an antiperspirant deodorant that they've found doesn't stain????

ps - ive used regular deodorant many times, but I find that they stop working after a short period of time and the B.O smell starts to shift into play...if I was a girl it would be fine...just keep a small travel sized stick in my purse...but I don't use a purse :p

id do trial and error....but that can take MONTHS.

MasonJar 12-17-2013 11:13 AM

you could wear a fanny pack.

bcrdukes 12-17-2013 11:39 AM

Malin and Goetz Eucalyptus Deodorant | Best Deodorant for Men | Alcohol Free | Aluminum Free | For Men and Women

stewie 12-17-2013 12:01 PM

Ahhh aluminum!!! That's what it was!!! Not zinc!

Anything I could but locally though?
Posted via RS Mobile

bcrdukes 12-17-2013 12:12 PM

That shop is local. They are on Davie and I think it's Hamilton in Yaletown. Give them a call. They are pretty knowledgeable of their products.

MasonJar 12-17-2013 12:18 PM

hipster.

On topic: You can buy a crystal deodorant at any london's drugs, shoppers, etc. they are pretty common.

van_city23 12-17-2013 12:35 PM

i'm quite sure there's a difference between deodorant and anti-perspirant. From what i've seen, deodarant doesn't stain or leave marks and can last a full day but anti-perspirant does leave marks and lasts longer as well.

murd0c 12-17-2013 12:41 PM

There are two kinds the white stick and the clear stick of old spice. I use the clear stick old spice still and for the price you can't go wrong.

320icar 12-17-2013 12:57 PM

There are two versions of the old spice pit stick. The white one is an anti-perspiration one, an the blue gel is just a deodorant. Rule of thumb is that wherever possible, don't use and anti persperant. Blocks the pores etc and includes heavy metals
Posted via RS Mobile

stewie 12-17-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 320icar (Post 8383920)
There are two versions of the old spice pit stick. The white one is an anti-perspiration one, an the blue gel is just a deodorant. Rule of thumb is that wherever possible, don't use and anti persperant. Blocks the pores etc and includes heavy metals
Posted via RS Mobile

yes, they clog pores and use heavy metals, but it seems to be the type that best suits my body.

just walking around the mall with only deodorant, i'll have pit stains starting in 15 minutes. with the antiperspirant, I can wear fitted shirts and not see pit stains for hours.

a 20$ deodorant stick is pricey, im just looking for something from London drugs, shoppers, walmart, etc where I can just go to any location of their stores and pick it up.

is there any clear gel type antiperspirants? (they still might have the metals in them, but at least it wont give black shirts a permanent white stain that eventually seeps through the other side.)

snails 12-17-2013 02:00 PM

http://www.pharmapacks.com/product_i...485__44382.jpg

this what i used to use and i dont recal much staining "i wear fit shirts also" but i start having trouble finding it last year and i switched to

http://gearpatrol.com/wp-content/upl...ear-Patrol.jpg

but these stained every one of my shirts...

im interested to see what works for people also as i work up a sweat easily

bcrdukes 12-17-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie (Post 8383960)
a 20$ deodorant stick is pricey, im just looking for something from London drugs, shoppers, walmart, etc where I can just go to any location of their stores and pick it up.

It's pricey but it goes a long way and will work. Try it at least once then at least you'll know.

DragonChi 12-17-2013 02:46 PM

I find that deodorant masks BO, at the end of the day it's a funky smell.

Antiperspirant stops you from sweating the pits, so it doesn't create a environment for the bacteria to multiply and cause waste (the BO smell).

my 2c.

Personally I like this:
1)http://www.walmart.com/ip/adidas-24-...-3-oz/10412191

2)http://www.dove.ca/en/MenCare/Deodor...Deodorant.aspx

3)http://www.oldspice.com/en-US/produc...nt-pure-sport/

snails 12-17-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonChi (Post 8383993)
I find that deodorant masks BO, at the end of the day it's a funky smell.

Antiperspirant stops you from sweating the pits, so it doesn't create a environment for the bacteria to multiply and cause waste (the BO smell).

my 2c.

this is true, like posted above though the antiperspirant has heavy metals that stain the shirt.. he would like to avoid the stains while preventing as much sweat as possible..

LC21 12-17-2013 04:25 PM

im on the Dove antiperspirant, they work pretty damn good.

stewie 12-17-2013 04:39 PM

Works good as in keeping you from sweating? Or good as in not staining your shirts?
Posted via RS Mobile

DragonChi 12-17-2013 04:45 PM

I don't get how the stains are happening. I've never had that issue.

Maybe a gel antiperspirant. It sounds like you're sweating a lot.

SkinnyPupp 12-17-2013 05:09 PM

The best way I have found to use antiperspirant is to apply it the night before, when you go to bed. After a while it'll build up, and you will have the antiperspirant effect without putting it on in the morning.

For this purpose, it sometimes makes more sense to get an unscented antiperspirant. You can get a 'clinical strength' one that will work faster (such as Certain Dri) but this is not absolutely necessary. If you get one of these, you won't have to use it every single night.

That's what I do anyway, although I 'back it up' with a deodorant (which don't stain since they don't carry the aluminum salts that transfer to clothes)

Zedbra 12-17-2013 09:34 PM

I wear dress shirts and suits almost every day and I have tested many different brands and types of antiperspirants (gels, sticks, sprays, you name it). What I have switched to earlier this year is Arm and Hammer Gel - no stains, lasts all day and dries clear. I will swap to Degree Sport on the weekends sometimes - I think its a good idea to switch it up a bit

Arm & Hammer Multi-Brand - ARM & HAMMER? ULTRAMAX? Gel AntiPerspirant Deodorant, Cool Blast

^ You can also find this at some Dollar Stores

boatcaptain 12-17-2013 10:02 PM

just got the dove deodrant aswell.works great

winson604 12-17-2013 10:32 PM

I've been using Right Guard Total Defence 5 clear stick for years. It's both a deodorant and antiperspirant in 1. Haven't had an issues with stains or smell thus far.

stewie 12-18-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zedbra (Post 8384298)
I wear dress shirts and suits almost every day and I have tested many different brands and types of antiperspirants (gels, sticks, sprays, you name it). What I have switched to earlier this year is Arm and Hammer Gel - no stains, lasts all day and dries clear. I will swap to Degree Sport on the weekends sometimes - I think its a good idea to switch it up a bit

Arm & Hammer Multi-Brand - ARM & HAMMER? ULTRAMAX? Gel AntiPerspirant Deodorant, Cool Blast

^ You can also find this at some Dollar Stores

had seen this on the shelf, wasn't sure of it so I skipped it.
from what ive read online and here, I think I might give this brand a go.

fishCak3s 12-20-2013 08:55 AM

Been using Dove men clean comfort for awhile, the scent is not too strong and works really well.

Ri2 12-25-2013 05:47 AM

Crystal deodorant works well, it just takes a couple weeks for your body chemistry to adjust. So if you can deal with that, go for it. It's natural and doesnt contain any aluminum chlorohydrate. Stings a bit if you get a cut/rash because it's basically salt.