REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-31-2013, 10:40 AM   #51
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,907 Times in 754 Posts
the 9th gen - 2013/4 accord v6 touring is all i'd ever want now in a sedan... absolutely no reason to go Acura again after my TL is done with. although my only gripe with the accord is the poor stereo system they put in compared to the TL ELS system.
Advertisement
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 06:29 PM   #52
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
probably won't sell well but Acura should revive the big fat coupes...aka 2 door TL/RL

are those Basel wheels?
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 01:13 PM   #53

bump! go go go TLX. tomorrow!

This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2014, 04:00 PM   #54
I am Hook'd on RS

Parying that they won't screw it up and make this a good comeback
Posted via RS Mobile
Louhasnocash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:29 PM   #55
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
think its going to compete with the Lexus RC? that would be really interesting. I know it should be competing against the GS but it would be nice if it were sportier
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:33 PM   #56
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I really hope it will blow my mind. Acura is one brand I want to start supporting
Old 01-13-2014, 07:58 PM   #57

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
pleaaaaaaase don't fuck this up. Im begging you.
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:22 PM   #58
I bringith the lowerballerith

really hope the tlx looks good. acura really needs this car to be sucessful.
OGCStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:29 PM   #59

wrong thread oops pls delete :'(
Old 01-14-2014, 07:04 AM   #60

looks FUCKIN amazing! Thank you Acura...a worthy successor to both the TSX and 3G TL!

Acura TLX Prototype Sets Design Direction for all-new Acura TLX launching mid-year; 2015 Acura TLX will deliver sports-sedan performance and agility in a more refined, sophisticated and technologically-enhanced package

DETROIT, MI, Jan. 14, 2014 – Acura today unveiled the 2015 Acura TLX Prototype showcasing the design and performance direction for the all-new 2015 TLX performance-luxury sedan launching mid-year at Acura dealerships nationwide. The TLX was developed around the theme“Red Carpet Athlete” to deliver a compelling blend of luxury refinement and sports-sedan athleticism with exhilarating performance enhanced by next-generation Acura powertrain and dynamic handling technologies. The TLX will join the ILX compact luxury sedan and the RLX luxury performance sedan as the third vehicle in Acura’s sedan lineup.

“The Acura TLX Prototype is a precursor of some amazing things we have in store for our Acura sedan customers,” said Mike Accavitti, senior vice president, American Honda Motor, Co., Inc. “As you would expect from an Acura, this completely new model will offer innovative technologies that break down the barriers between the driver and the machine to deliver a more intuitive, connected and personal driving experience.”

The TLX Prototype, bathed in Acura Athletic Red Pearl, presents a lithe exterior form, taut body surfaces and sports-sedan proportions. Its sporting character is further highlighted by its low and wide stance, shortened front and rear overhangs, dynamically sculpted fender arches, and purposeful character lines. Acura’s signature Jewel Eye™ LED headlights imbue the TLX Prototype with an advanced and bright-eyed appearance while producing superior down-the-road illumination. The prototype’s custom-designed five-spoke 20-inch alloy wheels and 265/35ZR20 low-profile tires accentuate its athletic stance, while the sculpted hood with its sharply creased bilateral ridgelines hints at the performance capabilities of the advanced new Acura powertrain that lies beneath. Another prototype-exclusive feature is the tailor-made side mirrors. Keying off of the Jewel Eye™ LED headlights, each mirror has a row of LED lights fused into its base. Click on the turn indictor, and the LEDs come to life, spreading a moving glow around the bottom of the mirror for a high-tech, 3D appearance.

Dimensionally, the TLX Prototype presages the production 2015 TLX sedan and is 3.8 inches shorter in overall length (190.2 inches) than the current TL, yet rides on the same 109.3 inch wheelbase as the TL. The prototype’s right-sized dimensions place the new TLX neatly in between the smaller ILX and larger RLX sedans. Despite its more compact exterior footprint, the TLX design targets the most spacious interior in the midsize luxury sedan class – roughly on par with the current TL – with an open and airy greenhouse, commanding sight lines, ample cargo capacity and comfortable seating for five adults.

And like any truly world-class athlete, the TLX will pair power and efficiency with deft agility. With its low and wide stance, rigid yet lightweight body, and nimble and responsive chassis, the TLX is designed to deliver confident, precise and refined ride and handling performance in almost any driving situation. From low-stress urban commutes to relaxed long-
distance cruising, or adrenaline-inducing runs down twisting country roads, the TLX is designed to be an intuitive and confidence-inspiring driving partner, a vehicle that epitomizes Acura’s dynamic concept of “performance at the will of the driver.”

The 2015 TLX Prototype also communicates the diverse range of advanced technologies and performance options that will be available to Acura TLX customers – including two-wheel and all-wheel drive configurations ; two high-performance, highly fuel-efficient new engines; two new advanced transmissions; and the next generation Acura Super-Handling All Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD™) and Precision All-Wheel Steer™ (P-AWS) dynamic performance and handling technologies.

In keeping with the "Red Carpet Athlete” design and development concept, the 2015 TLX’s advanced new powertrains will deliver highly responsive, refined and efficient power delivery. An all-new 2.4-liter 16-valve inline 4-cylinder engine employs direct-injection and Acura’s VTEC™ valvetrain, and is significantly lighter than previous Acura engines of similar configuration and displacement. The new engine is mated to an all-new 8-speed dual clutch transmission (DCT) with torque converter. This new 8-speed DCT takes full advantage of the 2.4-liter engine’s broad power band, delivering incredibly quick and smooth gear changes, expertly matching engine revs on down shifts, and putting the power down in a responsive and intuitive way.

For even greater power and performance, there is a 3.5-liter SOHC V-6 that also employs direct injection and VTEC variable valve control and cam timing along with fuel-saving Variable Cylinder Management™ (VCM™) cylinder deactivation technology. The 3.5-liter V-6 is mated to a new 9-speed automatic transmission with closely spaced gear ratios and a wide overall ratio range to further extend engine performance and fuel efficiency. Both the 2.4-liter and 3.5-liter TLX models will target EPA fuel economy ratings at the top of the midsize luxury sedan class.

Two-wheel-drive models with either the 2.4- or 3.5-liter powerplant will utilize the next generation of Acura Precision All-Wheel Steer™ (P-AWS™) technology with independent left and right rear wheel toe control. As four-wheel steering becomes an increasingly popular technology on high-performance automobiles, Acura continues to evolve and improve the capabilities of its cutting-edge P-AWS system, first launched on the RLX sedan in 2013, to deliver even more responsive handling, precise steering control and high-speed stability.

The TLX SH-AWD™, available exclusively with the 3.5-liter V6 engine and 9-speed transmission, employs a new generation of Acura’s signature Super-Handling All Wheel Drive™ technology that is 25 percent lighter and incorporates new torque-vectoring control logic.

Understanding that customization is a key component of luxury, the TLX will feature an Integrated Dynamics System (IDS) to allow for further personalization and a sportier driving experience. The four driving modes – ECON (Economy), Normal, Sport, and a new Sport+ mode – take full advantage of the TLX’s high-performance capabilities. Depending on which mode the driver selects, the Integrated Dynamics System will adjust Electric Power Steering (EPS), throttle response, SH-AWD and P-AWS control logic, transmission shift mapping, Active Noise Control settings and HVAC control in accordance with the preferences of the driver.

Also in keeping with its luxury sedan status, the TLX was designed to deliver vault-
like quietness in all driving conditions, with major improvements in noise reduction through enhancements to body stiffness, body sealing and sound insulation, and the application of electronic Active Noise Control.

The TLX utilizes Acura’s next-generation Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure and is expected to achieve the highest available safety ratings – a five-star Overall Vehicle Score from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and a TOP SAFETY PICK+ rating from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). The TLX will be available with Acura’s most advanced safety and driver-assistive technologies including Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™), Forward Collision Warning (FCW), Lane Departure Warning (LDW), Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS), Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow and Blind Spot Indicator (BSI).

The TLX was designed and developed in the United States by Acura engineers working in the company’s Los Angeles design studio and Raymond, Ohio new-vehicle development center. The new TLX will be produced using domestic and globally sourced parts at the company’s award-winning Marysville, Ohio auto plant, which presently manufactures the 2014 Acura TL performance-luxury sedan.

Last edited by Acura604; 01-14-2014 at 07:55 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-14-2014, 07:29 AM   #61

i like it. now show us some interior shots acura.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:43 AM   #62
I am Hook'd on RS

8 Speed DCT n 9 speed? Kudos, Honda.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-14-2014, 07:46 AM   #63
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
Woow there's no exhausts

Rest of the car looks alright, can't say it's super amazing but maybe it'll grow on me
Posted via RS Mobile
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:08 AM   #64
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,774 Times in 1,171 Posts
Wow, no beak - I love the Jewel Eye's looks.
fml
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:26 AM   #65

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
looks amazing…the only beef i have with it is the hidden exhausts but hopefully the a-spec model fixes that
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:00 AM   #66
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,802 Times in 3,898 Posts
biggest gripe ppl had with the aesthetics of the outgoing TL was the triceratops rear and the beak grille

the rear profile is really nice here...if you remove the beak grille and have exhaust tips this will be quite the looker
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:23 AM   #67
I am Hook'd on RS

No standard transmission avaliable.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-14-2014, 09:33 AM   #68

damn looks hella good
Old 01-14-2014, 10:37 AM   #69
I don't get it

Finally something nice coming from Acura family, but where's the exhaust? Are they doing the same thing as the mdx where they hidden it.
VBP EP3 *sold*
Eros250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:30 AM   #70
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

now this is what I'm talking about. All I need now is either a A spec or S type model with 0.9% and I'm sold
Old 01-14-2014, 11:38 AM   #71
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Commercial by Acura Canada

Gamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:58 PM   #72
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,169 Times in 959 Posts
Colour me impressed. Didn't think they could pull off such a good looking sedan - the cab backward looks works really well (like with the Mazda 6). Not surprised at all with the 2.4L being the base engine since it also replaces the TSX - hope it makes 220hp though. A rear biased AWD system on the V6 looks like it could really impress as well.

Only odd thing I suppose is that it's significantly bigger than its competition (3 series, A3/4, C350 etc). I thought it would get down to 186-188 inches but maybe it's light like the Accord is. I figure 3300lbs for the 2.4L and 3600lbs for the oaded V6.

I could see this replacing my current TSX in a couple years.
supafamous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:11 PM   #73

Um, it just looks like an ILX with a MUCH MUCH more expensive-looking front end and lights. That's not a bad thing IMO but I remember a bunch of people were hating on the ILX :S
However, I like the ILX so I also like this TLX. Just bugs me when people contradict themselves.
mikey2781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:26 PM   #74

ILX

TLX

Old 01-14-2014, 01:35 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acura604 View Post
ILX

TLX

I guess that's an "I agree"?
mikey2781 is offline   Reply With Quote