REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:41 AM   #26
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,785 Times in 2,492 Posts
you mean he wasn't?
Advertisement

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-27-2013, 09:48 AM   #27
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBB6 View Post
And people wonder why I'm pro carry.....
Your going to shoot people that litter on the skytrain?

I am all for eye for an eye, but that seems excessive...

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #28
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,440 Times in 4,281 Posts
Skytrain = Compton

Mental note: Pack heat.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:45 AM   #29
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
Your going to shoot people that litter on the skytrain?

I am all for eye for an eye, but that seems excessive...
More geared towards the comment about the person who was robbed and the assaulter used a bat and ended up killing the person.

However, having legal carry would do a few good things.
1) It would cut down on the crimes committed because now the baddy knows that others out there may take them out for committing the crime.

2) When seconds count, Police are only minutes away.

3) I would rather explain to the court that I shot someone to protect my life or the life of a loved one than have the Police explain to my family that someone wanted the money in my wallet and bashed my head in to get it.

There are loads of other good reason, but in this particular case these would suffice.

But no, shooting people because of litter....not a chance. To defend a life, absolutely.
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-27-2013, 10:49 AM   #30

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
More geared towards the comment about the person who was robbed and the assaulter used a bat and ended up killing the person.

1) It would cut down on the crimes committed because now the baddy knows that others out there may take them out for committing the crime.

2) When seconds count, Police are only minutes away.

3) I would rather explain to the court that I shot someone to protect my life or the life of a loved one than have the Police explain to my family that someone wanted the money in my wallet and bashed my head in to get it.

There are loads of other good reason, but in this particular case these would suffice.

But no, shooting people because of litter....not a chance. To defend a life, absolutely.
Being able to carry guns would bring forth different problems, but at the end of the day, I agree with everything you said.

I'd much rather be able to protect myself and family. For someone that is law abiding, it isn't fair to not be able to protect myself, living in an environment where the bad guys pack heat to do bad things.
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-27-2013, 10:56 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafanculo View Post
Being able to carry guns would bring forth different problems, but at the end of the day, I agree with everything you said.

I'd much rather be able to protect myself and family. For someone that is law abiding, it isn't fair to not be able to protect myself, living in an environment where the bad guys pack heat to do bad things.
Posted via RS Mobile
Indeed, there would be a different set of problems to deal with with legal carry but when you look at the facts on places that have implemented it is all positive.

Just the idea that people are able to and will defend themselves is enough to ward off many people. If you knew that 1 in 10 people had a firearm, and there were 10 people on the skytrain and you were planning on robbing/beating someone you may not do it for fear that you may get shot.

I hate the idea of taking a life, but when its fight or die I choose fight.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:18 AM   #32
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,357 Times in 3,446 Posts
Quote:

It would also increase the amount of violent crimes committed because criminals will be better armed. Also is someone swings at me with a bat I would not be going for a gun if I had one would not be my first move.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:44 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
It would also increase the amount of violent crimes committed because criminals will be better armed. Also is someone swings at me with a bat I would not be going for a gun if I had one would not be my first move.
Statistically and factually proved wrong in ever state/country that has carry laws.

"In a 1998 book, More Guns, Less Crime, economics researcher John Lott's analysis of crime report data claims a statistically significant effect of concealed carry laws on crime, with more permissive concealed carry laws correlated with a decrease in overall crime. Lott studied FBI crime statistics from 1977 to 1993 and found that the passage of concealed carry laws resulted in a murder rate decrease of 8.5%, rape rate decrease of 5%, and aggravated assault reduction of 7%

In a 2003 article, Yale Law professors John J. Donohue III and Ian Ayres have claimed that Lott's conclusions were largely the result of a limited data set and that re-running Lott's tests with more complete data (and nesting the separate Lott and Mustard level and trend econometric models to create a hybrid model simultaneously calculating level and trend) yielded none of the results Lott claimed.[105] However Lott has recently updated his findings with further evidence. According to the FBI, during the first year of the Obama administration the national murder rate declined by 7.4% along with other categories of crime which fell by significant percentages.[107] During that same time national gun sales increased dramatically. According to Mr. Lott 450,000 more people bought guns in November 2008 than November 2007 which represents a 40% increase in sales, a trend which continued throughout 2009.[106] The drop in the murder rate was the biggest one-year drop since 1999, another year when gun sales soared in the wake of increased calls for gun control as a result of the Columbine shooting
"

If you had a gun, someone comes at you with a bat and you choose to not arm yourself in defense of someone attempting to harm/kill you that's your choice. I choose to protect my life.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:40 PM   #34
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
I guess this is how I am different than most RS'ers

When you guys debate carry-conceal laws, I would just focus on getting the money to live in a nicer neighborhood!

Sayonara Surrey!
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-27-2013, 12:42 PM   #35

I agree with that!

Enough about carry laws, it just causes issues anyway :P
Sorry to thread jack.

As for the skytrain, I have often times wondered when they will make it so they can simply pressure wash the things out.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-27-2013, 12:52 PM   #36
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,031 Times in 2,071 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyWhoTakesTransit View Post
When you guys debate carry-conceal laws, I would just focus on getting the money to live in a nicer neighborhood!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:13 PM   #37
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Quote:
As for the skytrain, I have often times wondered when they will make it so they can simply pressure wash the things out.
Technically I think they can do that already on the older trains.. The seats are made of durable plastic, so.. yeah. That's the only thing thats no some sort of plastic/metal in the whole car. Just don't spray the signs above.

Then again, I don't think I've ever see a car "cleaned" on the inside.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:24 PM   #38
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post

Was drinking and on drugs, I never drive when I'm not sober
Old 12-27-2013, 01:40 PM   #39
RS Veteran

Do you even have a car?

Edit: I forgot he had 5.0L powered E30.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank

Last edited by bcrdukes; 12-27-2013 at 02:18 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-27-2013, 01:48 PM   #40
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,557 Times in 511 Posts
Chicks don't dig suckers with a bus pass.

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:09 PM   #41
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
South Burnaby is a fucking dump.
I'm in North Burnaby, South Burnaby is warehouses and swamps.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:12 PM   #42
RS Veteran

North & Central Burnaby = Cool
South Burnaby is like fucking AIDS/HIV and all that other shit combined into one.

Do not want.

Old 12-27-2013, 02:31 PM   #43
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Except all the heating element is underneath the train. I don't think they want to pressure wash the interior. Can you imagine current smell + moldy spares.. no thanks.

Like it or not Fare gates should cut down # of people on the system. You don't often see unkempt people that often on gated transits.. Translink should also ticket people with food and drink. It makes a huge difference when the trains are not dining halls or hipster coffee joints on wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
Technically I think they can do that already on the older trains.. The seats are made of durable plastic, so.. yeah. That's the only thing thats no some sort of plastic/metal in the whole car. Just don't spray the signs above.

Then again, I don't think I've ever see a car "cleaned" on the inside.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-27-2013, 02:34 PM   #44

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Best way to deal with public transport; shave your head, sport 5 o'clock shadow, develop head/face scars, sport a generally displeased look on your face, and DO NOT AVOID EYE CONTACT.

You don't quite end up looking like the "normal people" and you don't quite look like a "weirdo", it's the best of both worlds. Only downside, the opposite sex tends to group you in the rapists, which has really been hurting my otherwise airtight pimp game.
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:35 PM   #45
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Quote:

Criminals can and have already armed themselves with prohibited weaponry, they have automatic rifles and handguns with 30> round magazines while we are limited to semi automatic handguns and rifles capped to 5/10 rounds, of which we cannot legally carry anyway. The same goes for melee weapons, including certain knives.

A violent offender's worst nightmare is an armed civilian, arming the public produces paranoia within the criminal circle, you never know if the person you are thinking of going after will be able to turn the tables on you. That paranoia is what slows down the rate at which violent crimes are committed.

Would you mug someone who might be carrying a loaded handgun, or a combat knife? You wouldn't if you knew for sure, you would be scared to find out if you didn't. Look at all the cases where a thief tries to rob a store, only to have his weapon turned against him, he either begs for mercy or runs for his life.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-28-2013, 10:12 AM   #46
Banned (ABWS)

Yoda, wear a hard hat on the Skytrain and carry a sledgehammer
Old 12-28-2013, 10:36 AM   #47
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodamaster View Post
It's also what happens when we have such a culture, and are unable to legally use anything to take said offender out. I carry a ka-bar on my backpack for use as a tool, but I wish it were legal to actually use it in self defense, instead I'd have to leave it and deal with whatever someone is threatening me with unarmed.

If I could have it my way, once someone started shit with you, it'd be open season in regards to self defense.
It's actually legal to use a device to defend yourself. Where that legality falls apart is when you stop using it to disarm or chase away the assailant and start causing more harm "than necessary."

Source: Family lawyer who specializes in assault cases and two friends who are ERT members (one current, one retired).
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #48
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Do you even have a car?

Edit: I forgot he had 5.0L powered E30.

E36 bitch

Old 12-28-2013, 03:37 PM   #49
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,357 Times in 3,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodamaster View Post
Criminals can and have already armed themselves with prohibited weaponry, they have automatic rifles and handguns with 30> round magazines while we are limited to semi automatic handguns and rifles capped to 5/10 rounds, of which we cannot legally carry anyway. The same goes for melee weapons, including certain knives.

A violent offender's worst nightmare is an armed civilian, arming the public produces paranoia within the criminal circle, you never know if the person you are thinking of going after will be able to turn the tables on you. That paranoia is what slows down the rate at which violent crimes are committed.

Would you mug someone who might be carrying a loaded handgun, or a combat knife? You wouldn't if you knew for sure, you would be scared to find out if you didn't. Look at all the cases where a thief tries to rob a store, only to have his weapon turned against him, he either begs for mercy or runs for his life.
Criminals would just buy a BP vest. most drug dealers do anyways.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #50
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Criminals would just buy a BP vest. most drug dealers do anyways.
It's illegal to walk around wearing armor. Or atleast I have been told it is. Some people have said otherwise, but they were generally idiots so I discredited them.

EDIT: Just researched, and it is indeed ILLEGAL to wear armor in the province of BC.

Although yes drug dealers obviously do regardless, they don't give a shit about laws, I mean they break so many everyday that who gives a shit at that point...

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote