REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-27-2013, 11:18 PM   #76
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayceeee View Post
so i opened the tv 55in series 6 led smart tv

and its cracked, so i took it back to visions and now the manager says they have to send it back to samsung for RMA, then once they get the approval and when they get stock we'll get one, but if its not approved then we're hooped..

has anyone dealt with this with visions before?
I hope you didn't transport it to your house screen side down or screen side up. If you did, deny it. Televisions are meant to be transported right side up but you should be fine transporting it upside down. The weight of the screen may crack itself.
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
saveth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:49 PM   #77
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristianhay View Post
^

Woah, where?
Sportchek. Theyre like 50% off right now at $140. Then you can use the team assist coupon for an additional 20%. The 87 flexes are gettin low in supply now though....pm me if you want the locations ive checked
Sw0op is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-27-2013, 11:52 PM   #78
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayceeee View Post
so i opened the tv 55in series 6 led smart tv

and its cracked, so i took it back to visions and now the manager says they have to send it back to samsung for RMA, then once they get the approval and when they get stock we'll get one, but if its not approved then we're hooped..

has anyone dealt with this with visions before?
You are too nice I would rage and pretty much want a new TV on the spot or refund. Since you just got it, maybe it was crack before you even move it. Maybe it was crack when it was being transport from Vision warehouse to the Vision retail store.

I would go back there ASAP and demand a refund if they deny it open a ticket with your CC company.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 02:13 AM   #79
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
lol if it came from the samsung warehouse in richmond.... those guys treat the shit so badly for small orders such as visions orders. most likely occurred at the w/house.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:44 AM   #80
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Wasn't impressed with the sales this year. One of the traditions a buddy and I would do every year is to line up at NCIX in Langley for one of their in-store only door crashers, but since I'm now living out of town, I decided to sleep in. I did wander around a bit and checked out some ads, but there really wasn't any smoking deals anywhere. The one thing I was hoping for was a decent double-din deck for my car.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 12:16 PM   #81
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,512 Times in 4,904 Posts
Should have driven down to Soundsgood for their boxing day event.
Posted via RS Mobile
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 12:55 PM   #82
Head Moderator

Nah, the cost of fuel to drive down would have more than negated any savings I might have had.
Old 12-28-2013, 01:44 PM   #83
Bieksa eats bears for breakfast...

Which Enterprise model is it? Pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Went to Magic Box Hobbies for their 20% off sale. Now off to Imperial Hobbies 25% off sale. Got NCC 1701A 1/350 model kit as well as Dragon Model's limited edition 1/35 scale Nashorn kit. Now to get some paints.
Posted via RS Mobile

Your balls are sensitive things!! They shouldn't be played around with, at least not like that, and you should NOT BE DIPPING THEM IN AFTERSHAVE! Oh my god, I feel sorry for your balls!"

ODC: "Wrong, a roots type blower will produce max boost from 0rpm to redline."

Iceman_19: "A roots makes zero boost at zero rpm, lol"

Ulic Qel-Droma: "haha go google image big black dick. or black cock. i forgot which term i used. it's one of the many."
Iceman_2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #84
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
Picked up a Columbia winter coat for 119, regular 299 from Sportchek
cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 03:10 PM   #85
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman_2K View Post
Which Enterprise model is it? Pics?
NCC 1701A by Polar Lights. Will install LED lights after I do the research. I'm like 8 models behind, so it will be a while before I get to it. Models get really expensive when they go out of production. I'm looking for a Ban Dai Voyager, but those things for for. Like $250 or more.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-28-2013, 03:11 PM   #86
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Nah, the cost of fuel to drive down would have more than negated any savings I might have had.
Hurry up and move back to civilization. LOLOLOL
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-28-2013, 04:20 PM   #87
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
got a bunch of plain Tess from forever21 for $3.80 each online also club Monaco have sale with additional 40% off their sale items. Price might still not as cheap as H&M, forever21 but the quality is good. Got a pair of pants from them ages ago and still looks good.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 04:52 PM   #88
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
For those who are looking for tool sets. I think Canadian Tire has a pretty good deal on Stanley 164 pieces + another box of 36 wrenches for 99 bucks. Granted toolset prices are inflated 3x ala Canadian Tire..

For the Stanley mobile work station, I was told most places are phantom stock. But at the Marine Drive store, it seems have trouble differentiating the models and they have the super large one instead.. talk to the CSR they will give you that one half price. You add another toolbox on top of the existing mobile base. (Basically the $120 model that people bought together.)

KMS is going all out for high end customers with Festool etc. and making money off Franchisees.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:50 PM   #89
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,502 Times in 1,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by godwin View Post
For those who are looking for tool sets. I think Canadian Tire has a pretty good deal on Stanley 164 pieces + another box of 36 wrenches for 99 bucks. Granted toolset prices are inflated 3x ala Canadian Tire..

For the Stanley mobile work station, I was told most places are phantom stock. But at the Marine Drive store, it seems have trouble differentiating the models and they have the super large one instead.. talk to the CSR they will give you that one half price. You add another toolbox on top of the existing mobile base. (Basically the $120 model that people bought together.)

KMS is going all out for high end customers with Festool etc. and making money off Franchisees.
Canadian Tire also had another tool box, think it was 128 pcs for 34.99, mastercraft brand
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 09:31 PM   #90
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,260 Times in 1,966 Posts

+ 1 XLR Cable

Avoided Best Buy and Futureshop like the H1N1. Too many punchable faces over there. Went to Tom Lee and picked up this amazing gear instead. Saved almost $500.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-28-2013, 09:39 PM   #91

AFAIK Stanley has quick release (+ for me).. and the Mastercraft one on sale on the flyer only has 1/4 and 3/8 which is fine for around the house but you need something more for automotive use.

You can take Stanley to be replaced at any Bostitch dealer.. vs Mastercraft now generally need to bring your whole set + receipt in for any replacement.. booo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeRNammer View Post
Canadian Tire also had another tool box, think it was 128 pcs for 34.99, mastercraft brand
This post thanked by:
Old 12-28-2013, 10:13 PM   #92
Head Moderator

Crap, didn't even think about Tom Lee and other music stores. Since my actual piano is still in storage in Langley, I've been wanting to pick up an electric piano for a while to tie me over. Also need violin strings and pegs to fix my old violin.

Maybe there'll be something still on sale tomorrow.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:23 PM   #93
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,260 Times in 1,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Crap, didn't even think about Tom Lee and other music stores. Since my actual piano is still in storage in Langley, I've been wanting to pick up an electric piano for a while to tie me over. Also need violin strings and pegs to fix my old violin.

Maybe there'll be something still on sale tomorrow.
Do it. I think it's Boxing week @ Tom Lee. Also give Long & McQuade a look. I plan to get some cables and a pop filter from there.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:29 AM   #94
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

I work at Tom Lee Music head office. Boxing Week sale doesn't end until Dec 31st. Certain electric pianos have a really big rebate up to $200, just ask!

they are actually extending the sales till middle of jan
Windstar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-29-2013, 11:32 PM   #95

Not quite boxing day deal.. but

STANLEY | Sortmaster Light Bonus Pk | Home Depot Canada

Is mis labeled as 12.97 at HomeDepot Store.. so if you ask nicely.. first item with mis labeled price is free

So 9.97 for 2 packages ie 4 boxes
Old 12-30-2013, 10:19 AM   #96
MG1

Stupid homedepot.ca website is down. Just when I get to Home Depot. WTF, LOL. It's tagged at $11.99.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-30-2013, 10:43 AM   #97
Bieksa eats bears for breakfast...

Good luck with the Voyager...I haven't seen one around ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
NCC 1701A by Polar Lights. Will install LED lights after I do the research. I'm like 8 models behind, so it will be a while before I get to it. Models get really expensive when they go out of production. I'm looking for a Ban Dai Voyager, but those things for for. Like $250 or more.
Posted via RS Mobile

Your balls are sensitive things!! They shouldn't be played around with, at least not like that, and you should NOT BE DIPPING THEM IN AFTERSHAVE! Oh my god, I feel sorry for your balls!"

ODC: "Wrong, a roots type blower will produce max boost from 0rpm to redline."

Iceman_19: "A roots makes zero boost at zero rpm, lol"

Ulic Qel-Droma: "haha go google image big black dick. or black cock. i forgot which term i used. it's one of the many."
Iceman_2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:51 PM   #98
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman_2K View Post
Good luck with the Voyager...I haven't seen one around ever.
The Ban Dai one I can get on-line for a hefty price. There is a Revell/Monogram one that is/was sold in Europe. Also, only on-line.

I saw one for really cheap at the IPMS swap meet in October, but I wasn't into the Star Trek stuff and had my eyes set on IJN model ships.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:34 PM   #99
'

Thanked 6,557 Times in 1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
got a bunch of plain Tess from forever21 for $3.80 each online also club Monaco have sale with additional 40% off their sale items. Price might still not as cheap as H&M, forever21 but the quality is good. Got a pair of pants from them ages ago and still looks good.
LOL you cant compare H&M quality with club monaco. thats like comparing a civic with a Mercedes. fit is way nicer for club monaco and you get what you pay for from H&M. it will stretch and wear out in a few washes. but i got button ups during the sales at club monaco for $27 ish taxed (originally priced at $89). the deals were such a steal. yesterday was the last day for 40% off though.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:48 PM   #100
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sw0op View Post
Sportchek. Theyre like 50% off right now at $140. Then you can use the team assist coupon for an additional 20%. The 87 flexes are gettin low in supply now though....pm me if you want the locations ive checked
$119 is for the intermediates and $140 for the Senior flexes.
Mako's are $120 for the senior flexes.

FWIW, Bauer will have a new Nexus stick out next year so people will start to blow out the old stock since the Nexus 1000 is at least 2 years old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote