REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-28-2013, 02:35 PM   #26
Summertime Sadness

Thanked 2,911 Times in 648 Posts
congrats westopher! will def come by to try this place out!

side note: leave it to rs to take what should be a celebratory acknowedgement by a fellow member and turn it to unnecessary internet bickering
Advertisement

[15-01, 11:33] ICE BOY i'm going to wrap my dick in a crepe and make you suck the filling

[[09-10, 11:34] ICE BOY liquor in the front, poker in the rear
LSF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-28-2013, 06:49 PM   #27
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-28-2013, 09:45 PM   #28
I am Hook'd on RS

That's awesome, Westopher! Congrats!
Bimmette is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-28-2013, 10:05 PM   #29
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Another new place to check out, awesome!
Old 12-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #30
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,128 Times in 7,143 Posts
Thanks for the props guys. Its cool to have the support of people you have never even met. It says a lot about how most people are pretty fucking cool by nature when they can support a stranger. I'll address what eff-1 said, and I have to say I don't think it was meant to be insulting. Maybe a bit misguided with the delivery of costco comparison, but truthfully I think the other mains on the menu are substantially more exciting than a piece of chicken, but as for the cost, free range birds aren't cheap, as well as the fact when a menu item is costed, food cost is a small piece of the puzzle. Execution cost is the important part, and when it includes a chicken jus that has been reduced to about 1/4 of its original volume to concentrate flavour, things like that boost it up just as one example. I've worked in a lot of kitchens, and ran a few in my life and haven't been a part of something that I've been quite as proud to be a part of as this. The food at the beginning was good, and over the past 2 months in my opinion has become great with a few hiccups here and there. The food is in its truest form, no premade processed bullshit ever in this kitchen. If we need to get certain items in that we won't prepare from scratch, we only get the best product, we have a farmer that comes in weekly through the summer and fall to surprise us with the best product, whichever it may be that we get to play with and create features around, butcher whole animals, etc. Its fun, and I really think its cool that you guys care that I'm a part of it.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:22 PM   #31
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Thanks for the props guys. Its cool to have the support of people you have never even met. It says a lot about how most people are pretty fucking cool by nature when they can support a stranger. I'll address what eff-1 said, and I have to say I don't think it was meant to be insulting. Maybe a bit misguided with the delivery of costco comparison, but truthfully I think the other mains on the menu are substantially more exciting than a piece of chicken, but as for the cost, free range birds aren't cheap, as well as the fact when a menu item is costed, food cost is a small piece of the puzzle. Execution cost is the important part, and when it includes a chicken jus that has been reduced to about 1/4 of its original volume to concentrate flavour, things like that boost it up just as one example. I've worked in a lot of kitchens, and ran a few in my life and haven't been a part of something that I've been quite as proud to be a part of as this. The food at the beginning was good, and over the past 2 months in my opinion has become great with a few hiccups here and there. The food is in its truest form, no premade processed bullshit ever in this kitchen. If we need to get certain items in that we won't prepare from scratch, we only get the best product, we have a farmer that comes in weekly through the summer and fall to surprise us with the best product, whichever it may be that we get to play with and create features around, butcher whole animals, etc. Its fun, and I really think its cool that you guys care that I'm a part of it.
I like the idea of how mostly everything is made from scratch. Most kitchens nowadays (even high end hotels, which I won't name on here) order pre-made crap. I guess for labor cost, but there's nothing better than simmering and reducing that wine so you can create that delicious au jus to go along with your chicken . Double thumbs up for sure!
Old 12-29-2013, 09:34 PM   #32
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 6,487 Times in 1,150 Posts
Congrats Westopher, I'm going to have to check it out with the wifey! Coincidentally my cousins sister/bro in law's restaurant is on the list too =D
artofstance on twitter
Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photographers Enthusiasts
--------------------------------------------
2018 Volkswagen Golf R
1999 Mazda Miata *sold*
2005 Mazda 3 *sold*
2002 Volvo S40 *RIP*
1989 Volvo 740 *RIP*
Matsuda is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-30-2013, 08:15 AM   #33
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Will be on my list to try next!
jaemc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-30-2013, 11:36 PM   #34
My homepage has been set to RS

Costco RevScene meet? We can buy a few chikuns and share in the parking lot. Who's down?

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: