REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   How can I find someone's charges/court date? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/691526-how-can-i-find-someones-charges-court-date.html)

Redlines_Daily 12-28-2013 12:21 PM

How can I find someone's charges/court date?

RiceIntegraRS 12-28-2013 12:24 PM

https://eservice.ag.gov.bc.ca/cso/index.do

Eff-1 12-28-2013 12:24 PM

https://eservice.ag.gov.bc.ca/cso/es...partySearch.do

Redlines_Daily 12-28-2013 12:58 PM

found it, thanks so much guys!

doritos 12-28-2013 06:26 PM

wtf, thanks for the site, i just looked up my name and apparently i had a court date for traffic ticket, december 19 2013 but never received any mail. What can I do at this point now that I found out?

Iceman-19 12-28-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doritos (Post 8389965)
wtf, thanks for the site, i just looked up my name and apparently i had a court date for traffic ticket, december 19 2013 but never received any mail. What can I do at this point now that I found out?

I would definitely post on revscene about it, instead of calling the issuing police department, or the court house.

doritos 12-28-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman-19 (Post 8389966)
I would definitely post on revscene about it, instead of calling the issuing police department, or the court house.

i did, they are closed. Can't do shit till monday

mr_chin 12-28-2013 06:38 PM

same here. had court date on jan 5th 2009 because i disputed 2 tickets but forgot to show up. if i recall, i didn't even pay for the tickets and it just seem to had disappeared.

usually, upon renewing license, they make you pay your tickets.

maybe cause it was a different car?

Iceman-19 12-28-2013 06:44 PM

The cop probably never showed up to your dispute.

doritos 12-28-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_chin (Post 8389969)
same here. had court date on jan 5th 2009 because i disputed 2 tickets but forgot to show up. if i recall, i didn't even pay for the tickets and it just seem to had disappeared.

usually, upon renewing license, they make you pay your tickets.

maybe cause it was a different car?

Really? No troubles ever since at icbc? Should I even bother rescheduling? Or is there a warrant now?
Posted via RS Mobile

flagella 12-28-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman-19 (Post 8389973)
The cop probably never showed up to your dispute.

Uhh interesting. I thought if no one showed up, the person is deemed guilty.

mr_chin 12-28-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doritos (Post 8389994)
Really? No troubles ever since at icbc? Should I even bother rescheduling? Or is there a warrant now?
Posted via RS Mobile

nope, never had to pay for it if i recall correctly. it was a failed to display n sign and failed to do a complete stop at a stop sign.

if it's just a traffic violation then the worse that can happen if you don't show or reschedule is you get convicted and have to pay for the ticket when you renew.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flagella (Post 8389998)
Uhh interesting. I thought if no one showed up, the person is deemed guilty.

yeah, if either the you or the officer doesn't show, you're convicted... i think.

MG1 12-28-2013 10:12 PM

IIRC, if both officer and driver do not show up, the ticket is thrown out. This happened to me eons ago, so not sure if it is still the case.

meme405 12-29-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8390089)
IIRC, if both officer and driver do not show up, the ticket is thrown out. This happened to me eons ago, so not sure if it is still the case.

Hmm doesn't seem right, I think if you are not there the original judgement stands.

If this is not the case it opens an entire can of worms, cause there are lots of people who dispute just in the hopes of the cop not showing up. If they were to let these people off even if they don't show, then what is stopping them from just booking a dispute and never coming.

I would do that, I mean it costs me nothing, I don't actually have to go, and if the cop doesn't show I don't have to pay. If the cop does show and I don't then the original case stands and I just pay and extra $25. Big deal.

If the system does work like this I think it is pretty dumb.

geeknerd 12-29-2013 01:32 AM

just checked mine. i had a court date in 2010 but i never went. i may have paid for it or may not.
reason: hr, result: end, finding canc: dnd
whatever that means.

anyways i also disputed two other tickets(separate tickets) a few years back but there are no records of them anymore. i even asked icbc if there was any dispute in progress/unpaid tickets and they told me i was in the clear.

MG1 12-29-2013 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meme405 (Post 8390163)
If the system does work like this I think it is pretty dumb.

I agree, but it happened that way for me, so I'm not complaining. And, none of us should advertise it if it is indeed, true. Just keep it a Revscene secret, hee hee......

It could be a lupole.

.......a la Don Taylor

"A reminder to all you young revsceners out there, when you get a chance to use the word lupole, you take it!"

geeknerd 12-29-2013 03:18 AM

motion to delete this thread to protect the lupole

- kT 12-29-2013 10:31 AM

if you are absent, you're automatically deemed guilty - that applies whether or not the officer shows up. if the officer does not show you will be asked what you plead. at that time you plead not guilty, if you aren't there to plead not guilty, you're guilty - even if neither you nor the cop show
Posted via RS Mobile

meme405 12-29-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by - kT (Post 8390245)
if you are absent, you're automatically deemed guilty - that applies whether or not the officer shows up. if the officer does not show you will be asked what you plead. at that time you plead not guilty, if you aren't there to plead not guilty, you're guilty - even if neither you nor the cop show
Posted via RS Mobile

I agree that logically this makes the most sense, but do you have backup to this?

Not asking you to show me laws or anything, just confirming that this isn't just your belief and you actually know this for a fact...

Eff-1 12-29-2013 11:12 AM

ICBC | Your traffic court date to dispute a ticket

Quote:

If you do not attend the court hearing, the ticket is treated as undisputed. You must pay the fine, and a conviction for the offence is added to your record

zulutango 12-29-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8390089)

Based on my 20 years in BC Trafffic Courts, if the disputant (you) do not show up there is no reason for the Police to be there so the court normally would rule "dispute abandoned". Your conviction should appear on your driving history & you would need to pay the fine and any penalty points.

nabs 12-29-2013 01:08 PM

I missed one of my traffic court dates as well a long time ago, its not showing up on the online system, however when I called into the court, they said it was adjourned. Apparently they didn't have enough time to get to my case on the date given... so it was thrown out. They didn't say anything else. No warrants or anything.

When I went in to another traffic court date, they tried to amend the first charge (the one that I missed) with the new one that I was fighting, and the judge got annoyed at the cop for doing this without my knowledge and threw the entire case out. Let me go scot free.

- kT 12-29-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meme405 (Post 8390255)
I agree that logically this makes the most sense, but do you have backup to this?

Not asking you to show me laws or anything, just confirming that this isn't just your belief and you actually know this for a fact...

what eff-1 quoted above. not showing up is basically an admittance of guilt, and your record will automatically reflect this - which means the fine remains unpaid too

PeanutButter 12-30-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by - kT (Post 8390245)
Posted via RS Mobile

I think this depends on the judge?

My sister was disputing a speeding ticket. She was asked if she was guilty or not. Her officer didn't show up, but she still plead guilty and the judge reduced her fine by $100. (2009)

When I disputed my speeding ticket, my officer didn't show up and my judge didn't even ask me if I was guilty or not, he threw out my case. (2011)

So, if your officer doesn't show up you should always plead not guilty?

- kT 12-30-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeanutButter (Post 8390715)
I think this depends on the judge?

My sister was disputing a speeding ticket. She was asked if she was guilty or not. Her officer didn't show up, but she still plead guilty and the judge reduced her fine by $100. (2009)

When I disputed my speeding ticket, my officer didn't show up and my judge didn't even ask me if I was guilty or not, he threw out my case. (2011)

So, if your officer doesn't show up you should always plead not guilty?

by the book, the judge should have asked you what you plead. however, if the officer doesn't show, you really have no reason to plead guilty unless you really are that honest of a person. if the officer doesn't show, the only account of what happened comes from you. up to you what you decide to say. if YOU don't show however, you're guilty
Posted via RS Mobile