REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Buy & Sell > USED Automotive Vehicles For Sale ONLY

USED Automotive Vehicles For Sale ONLY Zero Tolerance for violation of rules.
Used Cars, Sedans, Wagons, SUVs, Sport Bikes for Sale...

Old 12-31-2013, 07:21 PM   #1
RS Lurker, I don't post!

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback (B18C JDM -Swap)

Why I’m selling the car:

I’m 25 years old and this past fall I got married. Seeing as my wife is a full time UBC student and both of us depend solely on my entry level salary we decided to that it didn’t make sense financially to increase the amount of our student loans for the convenience/fun of a car. I’ve listed the car for $2500 OBO which I believe is extremely reasonable as the engine and transmission in this car alone could sell for anywhere between $1,400 and $ 1,700. Additionally the performance upgrades and the condition of the shell (no rust) undoubtedly make the car a great deal at $2,500. Having said that by discounting the car I’m hoping to avoid the painstaking process of selling a car on Craigslist which as we all know includes meeting with tons of potential buyers and receiving countless messages from dumb people offering outlandish / ridiculous trades. That being said please only contact me if you are seriously considering buying the car. I’m more than happy to answer any and all questions that you have about the car via phone or email. If you want to set up a time to view the car an appointment can easily be arranged. Please note however that the viewing appointment is not a time to find out “the car doesn’t have A/C, something you require in your prospective car”. I would greatly appreciate it if the viewing appointment was used to inspect the mechanical condition and operating functionality of the cars engine and other various components. Lastly, do not contact me or request a viewing appointment if you are not willing to pay at least $2,000 for the car as offers below this will not be entertained. The following comment does also not constitute a new selling price, it is simply an absolute bottom line figure in terms of offers I would consider.

Contact Info:

Email: Mackenzie.cre@gmail.com

About the car:

Year: 1992
Model: DX
Engine: 1.8 L - B18C (JDM)
Engine mileage: 85,000 km’s (Head) and 160,000 km’s (Bottom end)
Body mileage: 266,361 km’s
Vehicle status: Rebuilt (2007)

(See Pictures) - Flickr: MC120713's Photostream

The Good:

Body:
- The shell of the car is in immaculate condition and has virtually no rust (9.5 + out of 10). The only rust on the car can be seen in IMG_277 & IMG_279.
- The suspension has been upgraded to lowering springs
- The car has 3” stainless steel catback exhaust system (which is both tasteful and sounds great)
- Addition of fog lights
- Upgraded headlights

Engine upgrades / performance:
- Engine swap B18C (JDM)
- B series hydraulic transmission
- The car idles consistently at around 1000 rpm.
- After the car
- Injen air intake
- Pro series throttle body
- Blowby and catch can
- Cap and rotor and plug wires
- Performance battery
- Walbro 255 fuel pump
- Brand new NTN (OEM) front wheel bearings x 2
- Brand new Bosch alternator and pulley
- Brand new Moog ball joints x 2 and tie rod ends x 2

Interior upgrades:
- GSR interior
- Front seats from Honda civic
- Upgraded alpine deck and speakers
- Short shifter
- Interior is in great condition no rips or tears
- Car has automatic locks and an immobilizer installed

The Bad:
- The car is not air cared or insured.
- Currently the car is not air cared as it has a 3” test pipe installed. I have a catalytic converter from a GSR that fits in place of the test pipe that will accompany the sale of the car.
- The car is currently on a spare tire. The car comes with the missing tire, unfortunately it is deflated as it has a leak.
- The car has a small vacuum leak (Leak does not affect the idle or performance of the car)
- The car requires an alignment following the installation of the outer tie rods and ball joints
- The car has a 3 inch vertical crack in the windshield on the passenger’s side
Advertisement
mc120713 is offline   Reply With Quote