REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 01-04-2014, 03:30 AM   #1
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

need some help with Bestbuy mobile

On Nov 29 black Friday sale i signed a 2 year term hardware upgrade with rogers for iphone 5s 32G at $199 with $50 mail in coupon. now today rogers send me a bill for $379 for the iphone upgrade. so i called best buy and asked why i'm getting bill for $379 instead of $199. They said it for only new activation only. Then i google and found this website iPhone 5c is $0 from the ?Big 3?; iPhone 5s for $99 at Future Shop, Best Buy | iPhone in Canada Blog - Canada's #1 iPhone Resource . The website say it's for hardware upgrade and new activation. Even the staff told me it's good with hardware upgrade too. that's why i signed with rogers. If anyone ran into the same problem please share. ( sorry for my bad English )
Advertisement

Last edited by kenvu; 01-04-2014 at 03:56 AM.
kenvu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:38 AM   #2
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Wait a second, did you go into a Best Buy Mobile store and sign a brand new activation or did you do an in store hardware upgrade?

If you did a brand new activation then you should've gotten the $199 price. The $379 price sounds like a HUP
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:45 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
Wait a second, did you go into a Best Buy Mobile store and sign a brand new activation or did you do an in store hardware upgrade?

If you did a brand new activation then you should've gotten the $199 price. The $379 price sounds like a HUP
i did an hardware upgrade. the bill show

nov 29 connection fee $15
nov 29 hardware upgrade $819.00
nov 29 Credit: total Economic Inducement -$439.01

total owe $379.00 and
FLEXtab Balance*:
$402.42
Old 01-04-2014, 04:03 AM   #4
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Did anyone at Best Buy actually tell your hardware upgrade was going to be $199 or did you just see the price tag and ask for the device?

Stores like Best Buy, Futureshop, Wireless Wave, and even Rogers dealers (non corporate) will sometimes have different device pricing for new activations and/or activation bonuses which rarely ever apply to existing customers doing upgrades. The reason for this is that these stores get incentives for selling new activations, and often are willing to take less of an incentive per activation
in an exchange for more activations by offering these sales. These types of sales always have a line written clearly somewhere on the ad stating that it applies to new activations only.

Back to your question, I can see this going one of only a few ways:
If you were quoted by a Best Buy employee, you may be able to speak to a manager and try to have the discount applied, or have them make an exception on their return policy so you can reverse the changes you had made.
If the sale was in fact offered by Best Buy (unlikely) or by Rogers as a company wide sale where hardware upgrades are eligible, this was simply a billing error and Rogers can easily fix that for you with a call into the center.
If you have not yet spoken on the device for more than 30 minutes and it has been less than 14 days from the time of purchase, you can return the phone for a complete reversal of all changes.
Finally, if no one had quoted you that price and you had simply just not seen the part that says new activations only and are unable to refund the device, you are SOL.
One more option you have is that you may call into the center and speak with Retentions or a manager explaining your situation and how it was an honest and expensive mistake and they may be able to help you, however, at such a large price difference this will probably be unlikely.

By the way, I believe there should have been some paperwork you probably would have had to autograph multiple times which should have clearly listed your purchase price. Take a look at that and see what price is listed. The price on that would be the price that ultimately will stand.
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by aznkev03; 01-04-2014 at 04:10 AM.
aznkev03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:11 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznkev03 View Post
Did anyone at Best Buy actually tell your hardware upgrade was going to be $199 or did you just see the price tag and ask for the device?

Stores like Best Buy, Futureshop, Wireless Wave, and even Rogers dealers (non corporate) will sometimes have different device pricing for new activations and/or activation bonuses which rarely ever apply to existing customers doing upgrades. The reason for this is that these stores get incentives for selling new activations, and often are willing to take less of an incentive per activation
in an exchange for more activations by offering these sales. These types of sales always have a line written clearly somewhere on the ad stating that it applies to new activations only.

Back to the topic, I can see this going only one of a few ways:
If you were quoted by a Best Buy employee, you may be able to speak to a manager and try to have the discount applied, or have them make an exception on their return policy so you can reverse the changes you had made.
If the sale was in fact offered by Best Buy (unlikely) or by Rogers as a company wide sale where hardware upgrades are eligible, this was simply a billing error and Rogers can easily fix that for you with a call into the center.
If you have not yet spoken on the device for more than 30 minutes and it has been less than 14 days from the time of purchase, you can return the phone for a complete reversal of all changes.
Finally, if no one had quoted you that price and you had simply just not seen the part that says new activations only and are unable to refund the device, you are SOL.

By the way, I believe there should have been some paperwork you probably would have had to autograph multiple times which should have clearly listed your purchase price. Take a look at that and see what price is listed. The price on that would be the price that ultimately will stand.
Posted via RS Mobile

thanks for your help. im still looking for the paperwork and it's over a month now.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:48 AM   #6
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,767 Times in 909 Posts
Another option you may have if in fact it wasn't because you were a dumbass and just assumed it was for HUP is file a complaint through CCTS · CPRST

What will happen is CCTS will send your complaint directly to Rogers for review and a Manager or some sort will receive it, review it and call you back.

It's quite different from simply calling in and asking to speak to a Manager because this came straight from CCTS and they take it more seriously vs you just calling in.

What they may potentially offer you (YMMV) is for example to let you do a Buyers Remorse and return the phone as if nothing happened even though you are already passed this policy. They may also simply honour it and give you a refund for the portion you think is owed to you.

Try using aznkev03's methods first and try CCTS as your last line of defence.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:18 PM   #7
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenvu View Post
i did an hardware upgrade. the bill show

nov 29 connection fee $15
nov 29 hardware upgrade $819.00
nov 29 Credit: total Economic Inducement -$439.01

total owe $379.00 and
FLEXtab Balance*:
$402.42
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznkev03 View Post
He re-signed Nov 29, since hes got the bill form rogers, it means the month billing period is done... so way past the 14days