REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-15-2014, 01:44 AM   #1
I am Hook'd on RS

I got rear-ended today.

This was my very first accident.
I was heading home around 5:45pm northbound on Royal Oak after finish working today.
A bmw makes a left turn into my lane from Buxton street but stops with a quarter of his car in the lane after realizing he doesn't have an opening anymore.
The car infront of me brakes hard to avoid hitting and I did the same.
We both stopped in time but unfortunately the car BEHIND me couldn't stop in time and hits me. My back bumper is dented and wrecked.
After I get hit, the bmw merges into lane and drives off...

I left my car and checked if the other person was okay and exchanged information and took some pictures. I was very calm and composed for my first accident.
After I got home, I called ICBC and told them the story. After a very detailed conversation, they told me I didn't have to pay anything out of my pocket for repairs and gave me a claim number. I'm not familiar with autobody shops so they emailed me a list of ICBC autobody shops and told me to go to one of them.

I regret not getting a dashcam even though its just for a honda civic (2010).

I just got roadstar status last month for being a less accident prone driver then "knock on wood", I have my very first accident. LOL

I plan to go get a check up tmr morning even though I don't feel any pain or discomfort just to be sure.

Is there anything you guys on RS would do if you were in my position?

If you guys could share your experiences and recommendations for good body shop, it would be appreciated too.
I searched up the forum and heard AK autowork and fastrack autobody are good so far. Feedback from very recent visits would be good.
Advertisement

Last edited by Hamburger; 01-15-2014 at 01:49 AM.
Hamburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:25 AM   #2
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Auto Body Repair in Vancouver | Auto Repair in Vancouver BC

Grand Performance Center.
Revscene Sponsor.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:54 AM   #3
I am Hook'd on RS

Don't go to Boyd, i gave my previous car to them to get the bumper re-painted because someone scratched it in Rmd parking lot.

I gave the car to them on a monday, when I got it back on thursday the milage grew by 55km. I'm guessing these guys took my car out to run errands.
Posted via RS Mobile
Louhasnocash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:05 AM   #4
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
How are you? Hows your back, neck, etc. (I mean now that you've had a sleep on it a day after the accident)
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:13 AM   #5
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
rich city by steveston in richmond. icbc certified. owner mentioned they are honda certified too so all their parts are OEM from honda

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:33 AM   #6
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
rich city by steveston in richmond. icbc certified. owner mentioned they are honda certified too so all their parts are OEM from honda
i was at a shop the other day that told me the opposite about rich city? he used to recommend them but they recently had a customer come in that had his car repaired there and the paintwork was not great.

has AK gotten better recently? i haven't been there since they first opened. i heard that they are moving to a new location?

also wondering if anyone would recommend the automind location in vancouver? the painter that used to work for save on autobody now works for them.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds

Last edited by thumper; 01-15-2014 at 10:17 AM.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:58 AM   #7
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
i used RCC recently for a bumper & seemed OK. but then again the owner knew i worked for a company that has been a client of his for years so i dont know if that mattered

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:07 AM   #8
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 3,177 Times in 621 Posts
Since your rear bumper is wrecked, I'll assume it was a hard hit.

Find an accident lawyer, and sue ICBC for physical and mental damages.

You don't even pay the lawyer until you win the case. If you lose the case (highly unlikely), you don't have to pay either.

Let me know if you want me to intro you to a lawyer.

-2018 BMW F30 340i M Performance Edition - Current
-2016 BMW F32 435i MPPK - Traded
-2011 BMW E92 335i - SOLD
-2009 Chrysler Sebring Convertible - SOLD
xXSupa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-15-2014, 10:26 AM   #9
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
I thought Rich City was closing down

Go see a doctor a day or maybe even two days after.
When I got rear ended I felt the pain the most 2 sleeps after
Posted via RS Mobile
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-15-2014, 10:26 AM   #10
Old School RS

Thanked 3,954 Times in 1,205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSupa View Post
He hasn't said anything about actually HAVING any physical or mental damages, and yet you want to sue anyways?

Only fucking assholes sue for imaginary made up stuff, it ends up raising everybody's premiums and make it harder for people with LEGITIMATE injuries to get taken seriously.

Mark
Old 01-15-2014, 10:28 AM   #11
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
AK recently moved to somewhere on Charles by Kitchener. I'm getting my fogs installed by them sometime this month. I've heard pretty good things about them and they have a warranty on all their work. I've also heard some good things about 24hr collision just on Marine drive near Jiffy Lube
Edit: for xsupa's post... I think the guy that rear ended him is also a victim...while it is his fault that he couldn't brake in time, it wouldn't make any sense to put salt on the wound when the perp was the BMW who failed to properly turn left
Posted via RS Mobile
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:31 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
He hasn't said anything about actually HAVING any physical or mental damages, and yet you want to sue anyways?

Only fucking assholes sue for imaginary made up stuff, it ends up raising everybody's premiums and make it harder for people with LEGITIMATE injuries to get taken seriously.

Mark
Anything including emotional damage is sue-able. I never said anything about imaginary made up stuff. I simply recommended him find a lawyer so that he doesn't get fucked over by ICBC.

Old 01-15-2014, 10:47 AM   #13
Old School RS

Quote:
Anything including emotional damage is sue-able. I never said anything about imaginary made up stuff. I simply recommended him find a lawyer so that he doesn't get fucked over by ICBC.
Emotional damage from an accident that only required a rear bumper cover to be replaced IS IMAGINARY MADE UP STUFF.

Mark
Old 01-15-2014, 10:51 AM   #14
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

"My bumper on my cherished civic is crushed, I'm in deep depression"

Seems like to some people getting into an accident is like winning the lottery.
noclue is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-15-2014, 10:51 AM   #15

Last edited by xXSupa; 01-15-2014 at 10:57 AM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-15-2014, 10:52 AM   #16
I am Hook'd on RS

Thank you for the input so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
How are you? Hows your back, neck, etc. (I mean now that you've had a sleep on it a day after the accident)
After a night sleep, I don't feel any pain or discomfort in my body yet. I think it might show up after 2 days similar to working out. There was minor back soreness after I got up but it went away after a couple of minutes. Probably my hard bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedStars View Post
AK recently moved to somewhere on Charles by Kitchener. I'm getting my fogs installed by them sometime this month. I've heard pretty good things about them and they have a warranty on all their work. I've also heard some good things about 24hr collision just on Marine drive near Jiffy Lube
Edit: for xsupa's post... I think the guy that rear ended him is also a victim...while it is his fault that he couldn't brake in time, it wouldn't make any sense to put salt on the wound when the perp was the BMW who failed to properly turn left
Posted via RS Mobile
I do think that the bmw was the perp that caused this to happen. Retarded drivers who rushes into a narrow opening.
I plan to get a dashcam after this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
also wondering if anyone would recommend the automind location in vancouver? the painter that used to work for save on autobody now works for them.
I'm considering this autobody. One of my colleagues recommended it since he does all his stuff done there.

Some recommendations from my friends who have been in accidents have told me to go to a major big autobody (like craftsmen) since I won't be paying anything. Their quality of work would be at stake if they mess it up.
Hamburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:53 AM   #17
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Yeah but I how much emotional damage did OP really suffer. I mean I guess you could say that he is traumatized because he lost the ability to say that he has never had an accident, but really have we really come to the point that a truly accidental and seemingly minor (I wasn't there but by the OP's post it doesnt sound like he got plowed into at 50km/h) incident is a case where we should be able to sue someone for emotional trauma?

The truth is way to many people take advantage of the system when they get into accidents, claiming they have back pain and their neck hurts and crap like that. Not saying there aren't people out there who are injured, but certainly there are many people out there abusing the system and their situation in order to get a couple extra bucks, and in the end that is just the biggest detriment to the system, where everyone ends up paying more for insurance because some people felt they were entitled to money for almost no reason.

EDIT: As someone else pointed out, way to many people seem to want to use a minor fender bender as a incident like they won the lottery, and unfortunately as more people hear about others doing this, more people decide to go the same route, and we end up in this vicious cycle until the insurance companies finally crack down and then everyone becomes a loser.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-15-2014, 10:54 AM   #18
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:54 AM   #19
Old School RS

I'm definitely sorry to hear that one of your family members was involved in a fatal accident, that's horrible, but I don't see how getting money somehow mitigates that.

But more to the case, I was in an accident when I was quite a bit younger where a chick just drove into me and I spent a ton of time fighting with ICBC just to get a few dollars to cover a few massages for a fairly uncomfortable amount of physical pain and was advised the reason it's so difficult is because the system is absolutely unbelievably regularly scammed.

Mark
Old 01-15-2014, 11:06 AM   #20
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Quote:
Since your rear bumper is wrecked, I'll assume it was a hard hit.

You don't even pay the lawyer until you win the case. If you lose the case (highly unlikely), you don't have to pay either.

Let me know if you want me to intro you to a lawyer.
Supa... Seriously? You want him to sue for damages he may not even have? Just makes it more difficult for people legitimately injured in crashes to get the money they need to recover. Going to sue over that bimmer sideswiping you aren't you? "Mental damages" "fear of driving"? You're exactly part of the problem with ICBC...

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:09 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dared3vil0 View Post
Supa... Seriously? You want him to sue for damages he may not even have? Just makes it more difficult for people legitimately injured in crashes to get the money they need to recover. Going to sue over that bimmer sideswiping you aren't you? "Mental damages" "fear of driving"? You're exactly part of the problem with ICBC...
I'm not gonna sue over the side swipe. I guess I was thinking too much from my personal side of things. Neither me nor my family has ever sued for made up injuries, and we don't plan to.

Old 01-15-2014, 11:13 AM   #22
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Your response was textbook "I GOT IN AN ACCIDENT! WOOHOO! TIME TO SUE" So you have to understand why everyone jumped on you.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-15-2014, 11:23 AM   #23
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dared3vil0 View Post
Your response was textbook "I GOT IN AN ACCIDENT! WOOHOO! TIME TO SUE" So you have to understand why everyone jumped on you.
Yeah, this is why.

But looking back at what was actually posted, maybe that wasnt the actual intention. Sometimes wording can be misconstrued or badly formulated when typing on a message board.

I do the same thing when people post about drinking and driving, I automatically hop on and vehemently bash them for even thinking about doing it, without considering many variables. I do this because much like Supa I have previously been affected by a drunk driver. I don't normally mean to be an asshole, but its just something that I am so appalled by that I might jump the gun.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-15-2014, 11:27 AM   #24
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Glad everyone was ok and it's crazy frustrating! My modded mr2 got rear ended and it's been a pain trying to get the parts to fix her up. ICBC was a pleasure to deal with believe it or not.
20psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:29 AM   #25
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
for repairs, i would suggest Grand Performance (RS Sponsor), or Open Road Auto Body. Had my last two cars done at Open Road.. exceptional customer service.. repair was hassle free both times.