REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 01-18-2014, 04:36 PM   #1
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Computer Unable to Load Apple Products

I'm going to give this a shot here, don't know if I'll be able to get any new ideas.
Please help if you have any advice or suggestions whatsoever

My computer suddenly refused to load any apple products (ipad, ipod touch and iphone). iTunes can't detect it because my computer won't load them.
The last time it worked was on Thursday. I haven't changed or downloaded anything.
It appears that the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver will not load (code 10)
I have uninstalled/reinstalled iTunes 11
I have rolled back to iTunes 10 after a complete cleaning of iTunes
I have tried stopping and restarted the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver
I have tried a different USB cable
I have tried uninstalling all the USB hubs one at a time and restarting and letting the computer reinstall the hubs
I have tried googling a solution, but have come up with nothing.

There is an 'unknown device' that's currently there with the yellow exclamation mark.
When I plug in the apple product, the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver shows up as being unable to start (via Device Manager)

I have also tried turning it off and on...
Advertisement
Old 01-18-2014, 05:22 PM   #2
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

have you tried uninstalling the drivers? all i've seen you done so far is stop start your driver or it wouldn't load.. uninstalling itune doesn't uninstall the drivers. so just completely remove the drivers and let it install again..
terkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 05:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by terkan View Post
have you tried uninstalling the drivers? all i've seen you done so far is stop start your driver or it wouldn't load.. uninstalling itune doesn't uninstall the drivers. so just completely remove the drivers and let it install again..
Yeah I have uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them. This driver is packaged with itunes, can't seem to find it elsewhere. I did a windows update as well (I know this was a massively long shot for them to detect and update)
It just refuses to start for some reason.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:29 PM   #4
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

I don't have a PC at home but I remember on my work computer, under that screen you can uninstall programs there is something else installed for apple software. I can't remember the name but apple support comes into my head. You might want to look through the list. When you find it just click repair.
Posted via RS Mobile
Impreza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:48 PM   #5
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
you'll need to re-install "Apple application support" and " Apple Mobile Device support"

remove both, plug in your iOS device and it'll download the drivers again.
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:20 AM   #6

No clue what happened to my computer, but it suddenly started working again and the problematic "unknown device" disappeared (at once point there was two, but always at least one) I even went to my tech friend and he was out of ideas for me after I told him everything I did, as he said they were things he would have done.

Thanks for everyone's suggetions, I tried them all with no avail, it just suddenly started working again after a clean shut-down and 12 hr rest I guess...
Old 01-21-2014, 09:37 PM   #7
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Your computer went through PMS..lol
fsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote