REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-21-2014, 09:13 AM   #1
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Ukrainian Protests

Quote:
Protesters clashed with riot police in the Ukrainian capital on Sunday after tough anti-protest legislation, which the political opposition says paves the way for a police state, was rushed through parliament last week.

A group of young masked demonstrators attacked a cordon of police with sticks, burned police buses, and pushed through, to the parliament building after opposition politicians called on people to disregard the new legislation.

Police have used water cannons against demonstrators gathered near the parliament building and the heavily protected government headquarters, eyewitnesses said.

Up to 100,000 Ukrainians massed on Kyiv's Independence Square in defiance of the sweeping new laws, which ban rallies and which Washington and other Western capitals have denounced as undemocratic.

Ukrainians have been pushing for closer ties with the European Union and loosening ties with Russia. The new series of laws passed by the government on Thursday — which protesters are calling "Black Thursday" — caused controversy as some have viewed the process as "fast and loose" and "unconstitutional."
Ukraine protesters surrounded by riot police - World - CBC News

tl;dr: Ukraine's citizens want to join the EU. The leadership (pro-Russian) says no. Massive protest

Live stream of events:

#EuroMajdan on USTREAM: Dear friends, we've been on air 24/7 since 27 november without a single break. To continue broadcasting, we need your financial hel...
Advertisement
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:16 AM   #2
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
Yea, let more bottom feeders into the EU
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-21-2014, 10:41 AM   #3
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
The people want EU (democracy?)
The current PM wants USSR (dictatorship for the money)

I'd be out there lighting police buses on fire too, if the government ever tried to strip me of my rights. The new laws passed over the weekend make it clear the current PM is fighting a losing battle, and he's just trying to use force now to take control.

Eventually shits gonna hit the fan.. and I'm sure, if it gets bad enough..

Spoiler!
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-21-2014, 10:56 AM   #4
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Been following the news on this for a little bit. The current PM's opposition rival is former boxer Vitaly Klitchko and from the looks of it, he's really in line to win the next election because of this.
Posted via RS Mobile
CorneringArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:55 AM   #5
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Yea, let more bottom feeders into the EU
Posted via RS Mobile
Do you think the majority of Ukrainians want to join the blood leeching EU banking community?

Ukraine weak?
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:24 PM   #6

If Poland didn't bleed the EU dry, Ukraine is unlikely to.

However, you will see an influx of Ukrainian immigrants flood into western Europe. With them, they will bring crime and gorgeous prostitutes and unskilled labour.

I think its the right move for Ukraine, the wrong move (right now) for the EU. Greece is hurting, Italy isn't much better, and Spain has soaring unemployment. They are just going to be adding another cancerous tumor to an already sick body.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-21-2014, 12:58 PM   #7
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
are you calling said gorgeous prostitutes unskilled?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:32 PM   #8
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
If Poland didn't bleed the EU dry, Ukraine is unlikely to.

However, you will see an influx of Ukrainian immigrants flood into western Europe. With them, they will bring crime and gorgeous prostitutes and unskilled labour.

I think its the right move for Ukraine, the wrong move (right now) for the EU. Greece is hurting, Italy isn't much better, and Spain has soaring unemployment. They are just going to be adding another cancerous tumor to an already sick body.
You think its the right move for Ukraine... Im not surprised that you still regurgitate ZioAmerican political views from the news presses that you get your information from.

Currently the unemployment rate in the European Union is 24% for persons under 25, and 12% overall.
In Ukraine its 8% for both figures.
So perhaps there could be more hookers flowing into Ukraine if those figures interest you.

On top of that Ukraine will loose over 100 billion in trade with Russia if it signs this agreement... something like 160 billion till 2017.

What does the broke EU have to offer Ukraine other then an American military base at Russia's front door?

Maybe those protesting Ukrainians think the EU is a free and democratic system? In Spain's new laws, protesting will get you charged $100,000 to one million dollars. None of the countries are sovereign as they dont control their foreign policy or banking... infact countries are trying to leave the EU, specially the British themselves.

All these street thugs are most likely paid off from the groups that they belong too which are funded through proxy by the ZioAmerican empire... like those Orange "revolutions".... the others are riding on false hopes.

Your main stream views are a double dose of propaganda with what Canadian news has to offer.
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 01-21-2014 at 02:41 PM. Reason: spelling & grammer
Old 01-21-2014, 04:03 PM   #9
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
From what i understand this isn't exactly an EU/Russia situation but rather a internal leadership battle?

iirc the Ukrainian President, Yanukovych, said he was still pursuing an EU deal its simply he felt the last deal, as proposed, would have been a detriment to the country? and the makeup of these protesters are mainly Tymoshenko supporters the former leader who was jailed for corruption (and the current president even testified against her) and it's simply these supporters and the EU who are blaming Russia because the EU is wanting a deal in their favour and the protesters want Tymoshenko freed and in power.

correct me if im completely off the mark because i'm not really following this story
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:13 PM   #10
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
They built a trebuchet
It has it's own twitter account.

https://twitter.com/ukr_catapult

Old 01-21-2014, 06:09 PM   #11
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts

Molotoving riot police
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:11 PM   #12
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
are you calling said gorgeous prostitutes unskilled?
where are the pics?
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-21-2014, 08:58 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
You think its the right move for Ukraine... Im not surprised that you still regurgitate ZioAmerican political views from the news presses that you get your information from.
As a Zionist I fully support expanding the state of Israel from the Persian Gulf to the Red Sea. One day the chosen people will rule over the entire Arabian Penninsula and we will see the city of Dubai renamed to Aliyah.
Already our media efforst have helped the Goyim understand that that the land between Basrah and Kashmir will revert to the name of Elam and there we will create Beth Nehemiah as a mighty city to serve as a testimonial to the Jewish purification of the land. The sound of the shofar will ring from the Himalayas mountains to the Suez Canal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qur'an 2:47
O children of Israel, remember my favor which I bestowed upon you, and that I favored you above all creation.
We will be welcomed as saviors.

But seriously, the European Union's trade agreements will see Ukraine's metal and mineral industries take off. This will feed the construction and automotive industries in both Germany (who doesn't need it) and Spain (who does).

I will concede to you that the trade between Russia and Ukraine will initially sour but the complex and diverse relationship that Russia has with the EU as a whole will ultimately keep Russia from using oil to keep Ukraine "in line".

Prime Minister Yankunuvych is a Russian puppet elected to tow the line which is part of (but not all of) the problems Ukraine is facing today in joining the EU. Besides, its not like they're being welcomed with open arms to begin with. This is only an "Association Agreement" which calls for systematic reform in the country.

The people you see in that video throwing molotov cocktails and protesting aren't looking to join the EU so they can pick up and move to Belgium for the waffles. They're protesting because know EU membership would bring a fair system of law, (what will likely be) a better minimum wage (currently the min. wage in Ukraine is 90c Canadian where the lowest minimum wage in the EU is Czech Republic at $2.70), and the chance to start sorting out their own affairs (like resolving their Transnistria dispute).

I hope that the citizens of Ukraine get to see this through, or at least see some internal social reform come of it. A country a hair's breadth above Moldova in standard of living certainly deserves it.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-21-2014, 09:37 PM   #14
I subscribe to Revscene

I see your Zionist rant and raise you this African faced statue of who was there first :P
http://www.chamois.k12.mo.us/JW%208t...201/sphinx.jpg

Europe is energy poor, and it will never let Ukraine truly prosper as its evident in all of Europes countries where mother and daughters are selling themselves for food and to heat their homes.

You only have to look at our own country to see our resources, oil, gas, diamonds, trees and fish are being sold for peanuts. Fix your own country first before promoting shadow rulers to get a piece of Ukraine.

edit -

To StylinRed
The EU offered Ukraine less then 1 billion dollars and only as a loan... where they will lose 160 billion to 2017 when Russia protects its markets and blocks trade with Ukraine. Im betting the protesters are rallied up with money from the U.S.
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 01-21-2014 at 09:45 PM. Reason: last sentence added
Old 01-22-2014, 10:22 PM   #15
I am on the internets

ukrainian people dont want to join EU, please dont assume cause you are fed bullshit by your news.

EU could not be worse for ukraine.
maxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:31 PM   #16
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
I see your Zionist rant and raise you this African faced statue of who was there first :P
http://www.chamois.k12.mo.us/JW%208t...201/sphinx.jpg

Europe is energy poor, and it will never let Ukraine truly prosper as its evident in all of Europes countries where mother and daughters are selling themselves for food and to heat their homes.

You only have to look at our own country to see our resources, oil, gas, diamonds, trees and fish are being sold for peanuts. Fix your own country first before promoting shadow rulers to get a piece of Ukraine.

edit -

To StylinRed
The EU offered Ukraine less then 1 billion dollars and only as a loan... where they will lose 160 billion to 2017 when Russia protects its markets and blocks trade with Ukraine. Im betting the protesters are rallied up with money from the U.S.
Why wont russia trade with ukraine if they join the eu? Are they just trading right now so they can be above them?
Everymans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:19 AM   #17
I subscribe to Revscene

The rulers (from EU) that want to influence Ukraine are trying to control the whole world, they controlled Russia for some time in the past and caused some of the worlds worst atrocities in Ukraine.
_www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkLd9ESpDcQ

The last thing world powers like Russia and China want is further expansion of these maniac rulers. Present day Syria is their latest work.

Russia, as with any independent country, looks out for the prosperity of their own citizens and by putting tariffs and import restrictions of outside products (specially from enemy powers) is the best way of keeping a stable and productive economy.

We in Canada dont have these protective measures and our banks are manipulated. We live in an unstable and uncertain economy... this is why housing doubled from the year 2000 and had a hard crash back in 1981.
http://pacificapartners.com/blog/wp-...arter-1974.png

If Ukraine signs the EU agreement, they'll eventually come under the empires power and suffer like other EU states.

I get my latest information from the Debate shows on PressTV
The Debate - Row Over Ukraine
_www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv2YDTatvOA

The Debate - Ukraine Crisis
_www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y_teoT0_U8

The Debate video source - _www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf9eY59YpTPZWDJbUUPWjVdChrScrVdZy

edit -
A run down of who owns who in our media... these top corporations are tied to the banking criminals in the first video I posted.
http://adage.com/images/random/mediafamilytree07.pdf
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 01-23-2014 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Added the bottom section
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2014, 02:45 AM   #18
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,260 Times in 321 Posts
asahai69 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2014, 03:30 AM   #19
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
was just thinking of this! thanks x1000
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:40 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxx View Post
ukrainian people dont want to join EU, please dont assume cause you are fed bullshit by your news.
Ukraine wants a lot of internal social and political reform. They don't want to end up an armpit like Moldova. The EU is the best chance to achieve this. That is why there is support for joining the EU.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:09 AM   #21
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

http://tvi.ua/new/2014/01/23/yak_ber...mohy_video_tvi

Video of police abducting activists from emergency hospital in Kyiv.

Last edited by jaguar604; 01-24-2014 at 11:23 AM.
jaguar604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:20 PM   #22
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

its a revolution!
AeroK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:21 PM   #23
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,185 Times in 304 Posts
Ukraine is stuck between a rock and a hard place. EU only wants them to to expand their "empire". Ukrainians want to be their own nation and some still remember WW2 and despise Russia for what happened. Ukraine would be much better off economically being closer to Russia than to EU...

A car can be only 2 out of the 3.
xpl0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:42 PM   #24
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Im surprised there isnt more talk of this. I've been following it abit on other forums.
Old 01-25-2014, 03:12 PM   #25
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,036 Times in 276 Posts
The conflict is getting pretty hectic

1989 Yamaha Virago XV535 (sold)
1994 Ford Ranger (sold)
1998 Subaru Legacy Wagon (sold)
2014 Toyota Corolla (loaner)
1996 Isuzu Trooper (RIP🔥)
2003 Jetta Wolfie (sold)
1963 (T)rusty Stude Lark (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaznviper View Post
kunoman is still alive! not raped by oil riggers yet....
kunoman1 is offline   Reply With Quote