REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 01-26-2014, 01:38 PM   #26
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

^Thats the plan, disputing it was just to buy myself some time really, i really dont mind paying the ticket.
Advertisement
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:36 PM   #27
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Falcon, are you saying I should just pay the ticket/plead guilty and not waste the court's time? I have heard of people getting tickets thrown out for clerical errors, I have also heard otherwise. Also zulu and 2jzsupra, not trying to pretend I didn't do anything wrong, I did speed and drive contrary to restrictions. I have changed a lot as a driver since then.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-26-2014, 09:41 PM   #28
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
to the OP:

i was in a similar situation like yours

racked up some tickets which i disputed, and took my class 5 before the court dates rolled by.

luckily for me, i still won my court hearings. but yea, you could get your class 5 before they ban u.
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-27-2014, 10:28 PM   #29
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamD View Post
one ticket was for going ten over, and the other i took my girlfriend and her friend for coffee. Im actually a very cautious driver and obey the rules. As far as probation period, im not sure when it ends.
Except for those two times you didn't, and amazingly got caught both times. I call BS.

You break the rules all the time, but you got caught twice and now you're using a loophole to avoid the actual punishment. Perfect!

Old 01-28-2014, 05:41 AM   #30
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
I would also sometime speculate on the odds that the person I ticketed always obeyed the rules....except for this one time....and that I just happened to be there at the wrong time & place to catch them. What were the odds of that happening? Any statisticians here? Anybody know an odds-maker in Vegas they could call? You can place a bet there on how many flies will land on a piece of garbage...but I bet they wouldn't touch this one and bet against it.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:25 PM   #31
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

I did break the rules, regret it, and have learned my lesson. Loopholes aside, i honestly think i have a valid reason to dispute my ticket. My name is spelt wrong, and the wrong registered owner is written on the ticket (was driving my dads vehicle, my name is on the ticket as registered owner). Everyone has the right to dispute a ticket, and ive seen people dispute them for much less than my situation.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2014, 04:32 AM   #32
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
So you broke the rules & learned your lesson....but you want to dispute the VT on a technicality? The incorrect spelling of your name (not sure how badly...if he spelt SMITH...JONES, that would be a problem but a letter wrong can be corrected in court) and the RO info is in the shaded area...so read what it says on the VT about info in the shaded area. IF you truely learned your lesson, whay won't you accept your punishment. If you "get off" then you have not learned the correct lesson. The lesson you will have learned is that can break the law and get away with it because someone else made a small mistake & there are no consequences for your actions.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2014, 07:51 AM   #33
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,904 Times in 3,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamD View Post
I did break the rules, regret it, and have learned my lesson. Loopholes aside, i honestly think i have a valid reason to dispute my ticket. My name is spelt wrong, and the wrong registered owner is written on the ticket (was driving my dads vehicle, my name is on the ticket as registered owner). Everyone has the right to dispute a ticket, and ive seen people dispute them for much less than my situation.
Spelling errors aren't a valid reason. If you truly don't mind paying the fine (as you stated) for the infractions you've already admitted to (and claimed you've learned from), don't waste the courts time.

Oh, and people dispute them for every reason you could possibly think of, it doesn't mean their any less of an idiot or not wasting the courts time.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote